KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Wow, that's lovely! 8) Wow, you've got...1, 2, er... 3, hmmm, 4... (needs more fingers) 5 Corrados! :shock: Nutters! :lol:

Any engine bay shots? What's that on the left of the centre dash?

Tell me bout it Andy, Its like some venting cut into the dash, bit of a bummer but it can be replaced i guess :ignore:

Shame- i've got a mint early grey dash you could've had. What makes someone cut a vent into the dash?! :cuckoo: :lol: Rest of the car looks seriously mint though- look forward to seeing it in the metal at some stage. Presuming you'll show this one as well as the VR?

Wow, that's lovely! 8) Wow, you've got...1, 2, er... 3, hmmm, 4... (needs more fingers) 5 Corrados! :shock: Nutters! :lol:

Any engine bay shots? What's that on the left of the centre dash?

Tell me bout it Andy, Its like some venting cut into the dash, bit of a bummer but it can be replaced i guess :ignore:

Shame- i've got a mint early grey dash you could've had. What makes someone cut a vent into the dash?! :cuckoo: :lol: Rest of the car looks seriously mint though- look forward to seeing it in the metal at some stage. Presuming you'll show this one as well as the VR?

Yep wierdos, it does look like quite a good quality job though.

It is too nice to use as a daily and I guess the BBSs are the wheels that were specified as an option when the car was bought, seems a shame to change them given the originality of the car.

Not worth doing much with it as given the mileage and condition you will struggle to find a 2nd hand dash without the sun bleaching and that's before the hassle of swapping the thing over.

Be interested to see how original it is, you should have a load of angled foam shoved in the back of the dash centre console area.

The advert appeared on Pistonheads while we were on holiday in Scotland and popped up on the laptop a few times....

And the 2 days we met up with Yan Kip took the most photos... mainly of Yans Nugget Corrado.

It was pretty obvious what was gonna happen when we were back home. lol

Haven't thought about the dash fading Yan, bonus is i cant see it while im driving anyway. Just want it home now to have a play around with it but gotta sort the VR for BVF anyway so just as well :roll:

Lol! Love you Luvey :lol: :luvlove:

Which car are you talking to now???

no 5 :cuckoo: :lol:

and I thought I was having a mid-life crisis buying a cheap second one :)

does look like a lovely straight car though, nice one Kip :clap:

pack it in yous two its a car thread surely

Yeah behave or it's going to get a NSFW tag... :hitler: :D

Your neighbours are going to think you're nuts, Paul! Are you going to be selling the 8v then?

Your neighbours are going to think you're nuts, Paul! Are you going to be selling the 8v then?

I think they know that already mate :cuckoo: Not sure what to do Jim at the moment but i know the Nugget is a bit too good for a daily so may well keep the 8v too and just use the nugget for fun.

I dont think i'd get much for the 8v anyway and done a fair bit to it inc new suspension and brakes and about to fit some goodridge hoses too so may well keep improving that too but it is fairly reliable and the economy is awsome on a decent run.

Best thing is though the Nugget is only £144 to insure on a classic policy with no no claims discount as they dont use them for classic policies

(cars over 20 years old) so well chuffed with that :grin:

It'd be nice to see your level of detail being applied to a valver mate. Always seem to be forgotten about and there's so few really mint ones out there! Would make a bit of a change to see a nugget valver in the concours at the various shows you go too as well :)

I may do a daily driver show shine type but will NEVER EVER take another Corrado to concours level, someone please shoot me at the very suggestion :lol:

I may do a daily driver show shine type but will NEVER EVER take another Corrado to concours level, someone please shoot me at the very suggestion :lol:

Go on, you know it would need only a little bit doing to get it concours..

How can you do a daily driver type thing if its kept in a shed 360 days of the year???

And I just know this one is gonna get so much love & attention as since knowing Kip for 5 years he's always talked about wanting a Nugget valver.

He'll clean it to an inch of its life then start replacing a few bits here and there and then he'll not know which to enter.

Watch this space :wink:

Shame we sold the wagon you could have bought that and could have taken both to shows.

And by the way I have enough competion in everyday show and shine elsewhere without a sorted kip mobile :lol:

really envious of this one Kip, saw you parked on the one way system in Hoyland on Wed morning and wondered if you were on your way to view the nugget.

If I could get more than about a tenner for mine or had space for 2 C's I would indulge in some nuggetness.

Looks superb!

Rich

Well picked up the Nugget last night and all went good on the drive home 8) there are a few issues to deal with most notably the MFA seemed to stop working for 20 miles then started counting again :scratch: , most features worked throughout though except movement related ones IE, MPG, Distance & Ave Speed is this something anyone has come across before????

Also the bit of the dash that i thought had been cut into was a stuck on patch which came off easy but reveald some screw holes where a phone had been.

At least i may be able to get it repaired by one of these cosmetic trim repair companies so not too gutted about that.

The leather although could do with a clean feels really tight and new too :clap:

Will get some pics up this eve 8) off to work now :roll:

Five 3 for me 2for Jude :cuckoo: :lol: i know but i wanted one for years so couldn't not but it, intention was to get one for a daily but with only 60k on the clock its just too damn good so gonna keep the 8v for now and see how i cope :lol:

Not even 8am and he's out there cleaning it. (though he says taking the sticky bit off the dash and getting the glue off isn't cleaning... :cuckoo: )

It comes with the original tape head unit which is apparently going to be refitted.

Sounds like concoursing it to me :lol: