KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Beats hoovering out the pine needles too :clap:

just scratches the roof :norty:

when i went to pick my 16valve up in december 1994... the lady had used it prior to pick a tree up. the clothe recaros were covered in needles. I regret selling that car to buy the VR a year later...

Yeah but most of my roof is covered with vinyl stickers :clap: and it's the daily work horse so not toooooo in love with it :lol:

Long time since the last update so thought i'd do sumat to the VR today :) I got a Dual Action Polisher for my 40th from my parents last year so i've been practising on a spare bumper that we have down the side of the house (like you do)

Only done the offside rear quater but very pleased with the results and it has removed quite a few swirl marks so really chuffed with it! Need to do a bit more though if I get chance before Stonor next Sunday :)

Edited by KIPVW

Well pleased that the daily pssed the MOT TODAY! That'll do nicely thnk you :)

None! was expecting a few things like wishbone bushes or something but he was adamant there was nothing that needed attention soon so aint complaining :)

How do you know when a cat starts to go wrong David? curious as to the tell tale signs :/

it stinks basically, more than the normal start up smells as it starts to operate, then whacking it on the MOT gas sniffer confirmed it, the cat is working but probably not well enough to pass the emissions test, I've tried the 'Italian tune-up' (several miles at the red line) to get it really hot, sometimes this burns off some of the contaminants in the cat (the MOT guys often try this on cars that are borderline lol ), but I think this one is past it.

Had a few hours buffing the VR today as was my day off and may be a while before the next one as the Nugget comes home soon. Do love me VR though :)

I hope Kip doesn't mind me posting these.

It was a BIG day yesterday and I couldn't resist getting the camera out to record many of the moments!

That rear nearside quarter looks a lot better.

Looking happy &

Got a bit of rebuilding to do!

Superb :) Really pleased that this has all come to a happy conclusion. Looking forward to seeing it all back together and on the road again :)

Pat..... who knows. Last I heard was, 'well, as the front end is off I might as well take x / y / z off and get them blasted / painted...'

This could be a LONG time going back together!

Edited by Butterfly

Looking forward to seeing this at the Classic Car Show at NEC?

Steady!!!!! :)

See this at Tatton park then !

Honestly though, there's about 60 hours before then and the show day...

Looks great.

Wont bw taking any of them now Neil as space on the stand is very limited so pulled out to allow others on the stand instead, will be thare though! :)