KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Not sure i can afford to do the Nugget :lol:

THAT is the understatement of the year, decade, century :lol:

Get to work! I'll deal with you later lol!

And so it begins.....

He's got a bit of cleaning to do but it makes a change from me being under the car covered in muck.

Heheh... nice... I smell a new show and shine entrant in the making :)

The wheel arch and fuel filler area has come up a treat. I'm sure more pictures will follow soon.

Late brunch stopped play :lol:

I think you two may need help, 5 Corrados, this is all starting to go a bit far.

I bet you end up with more as well, just get a G60 and get it over and done with..

Usual gunk in place.

Unlike the darker colours cleaning the arches on red/white/silvers and nuggets really does stand out.

Yes indeedy! 21 years of dirt removed from both rear arches today. Was really really pleased to find no corrosion other than a small section near where the petrol tank bolts to the upper arch but willl hopefully tackle this myself.

The earth connector is still attached too despite so much dirt festering there for so long, the car hasn't had such a had life as there is only extremely minor corrosion the the lower arch where it meets the sill, very minor in fact so super chuffed about that as i was having nightmares thinking how bad they are going to be once i removed all the dirt but that wasn't the case as you can see.

Anyway a few more pics of todays efforts :grin:

Paul I hate you :lol:

(only cause you spend so much good time on the cars)

Looking great top work :clap:

Cheers guys, really chuffed with the results too as you can well imagin. :grin:

I am so envious, I Didn't realise how rare these Nugget Corrados are until chatting with some of the guys at BVF. I know you said you won't, but how can you resist creating a concours nugget??!! :D

Hmmm begining to regret that comment Laura :lol: specially after seeing how well the arches came up 8)

So what was the comment about "retiring" K1P VW then Paul? What do you mean.. and what are you doing with it long term?

Well theres still a fair bit to do on K1 PVW yet mate but hopefully most of that will be before the year end then a bit more in the next year or so but in a nutshell i have achieved so very much with the VR6 and i always love taking it to events but i feel some folk are bored of seeing it after so many years

so maybe it is time to bring the Nugget (Sunflower :flower: ) up to scratch and do it all again Lol! Jesus what am i thinking!

Ps, Jude is loading the gun as we speak! :snipersmile: :lol:

But make no mistake, i can't ever imagine life without K1 PVW sad i know but if it wasn't for that car i wouldn't be with Jude :luvlove: :lol:

Fair point. It's always nice to see your black VR mate but it'd be great to see someone turn their concourse hands to a valver.. it was so refreshing to see Drew put a lot of effort into a G60, so an early valver out there would make a real change :)

Couldn't agree more mate and although it really honestly wasn't my intension i cant stop thinking about it Lol! Drews car was a MAJOR influence too He's got a lot to answer for :lol:

When you put it like that mate a Valver would be a huge breath of fresh air on the Concourse Scene. Looks like you have the basis for it right there. Im not going to lie, nugget is not my thing at all but thats not the point, you have a low mileage example and we know you have the know how so do it...

What of KIP VW then, no way you are selling it, no way its going to become a daily, looks like without knowing it you are foring a Corrado museum at your house..

looking good man, how long did it take you to get the arches that clean? just out of curiosity

looking good man, how long did it take you to get the arches that clean? just out of curiosity

Hi Phil,

took my time to be perfectly honest, the trick is to do one at a time and not expect to do it all in a day ( no point rushing to do only a half decant job) and whats a week or so if its been filthy for years? :? if you know what i mean.

Spent around 2 hours doing each one but the petrol tank side is always the worst as it has more obsticles to deal with.

If ya need any tips let me know i'll pm you them :salute:

When you put it like that mate a Valver would be a huge breath of fresh air on the Concourse Scene. Looks like you have the basis for it right there. Im not going to lie, nugget is not my thing at all but thats not the point, you have a low mileage example and we know you have the know how so do it...

What of KIP VW then, no way you are selling it, no way its going to become a daily, looks like without knowing it you are foring a Corrado museum at your house..

Yeah i seem to remember your opinions on Nugget when you stayed at mine that time :lol: i know what you mean though mate it is definately a marmite colour and absolutely no offence taken.

Hmmm a museum eh! what would you charge for entry??? :lol:

Cant sell it and nope will never be a daily but will be played with when i like to when the sun shines. I will always take it to events too but maybe a few less than the Nugget, we'll see though mate as still a very very long way off.

Nice to see you spending a bit more time on here too :salute:

Come up nicely Paul.

I will say despite the overall paint finish being worse (more orange peel) on the early cars they definitely did a better job with the protective wax.

You need a new bumpstop on the N/S/R too, it's minced and looks like it has some oil residue on it, that'll be the damper on the way out (Sorry).

Indeed they are pooped Yan, first jobs will be suspension replacement along with brakes as soon as funds allow :)

Being totally honest but i was quite stunned to see how good it was under the arches as i reallywas expecting a whole lot worse with so much kack under there but it must have actually helped preserve it too being so dry and barely used :?

Gosh you have a awesome collection of corrados and they all look so mint in the group photo :notworthy: .

Im definately inspired to do some serious arch and underside cleaning on mine now as its amazing just how the yellow comes up so bright.

Great work!!

dave

Oh My Gosh!!!!! I knew you couldn't resist!!! haha!!! :notworthy: