vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

hmm shouldnt have sold those RXs Vaughan!

ouch!!! like seeing an ex bird out on the tiles!! :lol: :lol:

Looking good squire! Happy stopping :D

and thinking ..."she never went that far with me" :norty:

May be a time when sloppy seconds isn't such a bad thing ;)

May be a time when sloppy seconds isn't such a bad thing ;)[/quote:oe270fst]

Prefer to have my wheels nice and tight! :lol:

With some shows imminent and assorted cleaning products rapidly piling up I felt the urge to give the Storm a good clean today. 2 washes then clayed then the Meguirs 3 stage process with Autoglym SRP substituted at stage 2.

Pretty pleased with the results. Not too much crap came of with the clay so either it was reasonably clean to start with or my technique needs honing.stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfcorradomay2009a.jpg[/attachment:2xj28a1a]Corrado92.pdfcorradomay2009b.jpg[/attachment:2xj28a1a]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcorradomay2009c.jpg[/attachment:2xj28a1a]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorradomay2009d.jpg[/attachment:2xj28a1a]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorradomay2009e.jpg[/attachment:2xj28a1a]corradomay2009f.jpg[/attachment:2xj28a1a]

Well worth the effort 8) Looks even more stunning than usual. Did you use two buckets?

Are we going in the Storm on Tuesday? :norty:

looks really clean and the classic green paintwork goes with the foliage in the background :grin:

Looks bloody nice mate. 8) 8)

my technique needs honing
It'll definitely be that, you can practice on my car :D

Had always thought this was my favourite Storm on the forum, no disrespect to the other VERY fine examples. It's always been something of an inspiration for how a Classic Green VR SHOULD look and whilst the last one had pretty much got there, my enthusiasm for making the new one as good as it can be was given a massive top up.

Lovely car and I look forward to seeing it at future meets.

Ed, thats very kind of you to say (and far too generous!). It's far from perfect having being used as a 12,000 mile a year daily until last autumn but now she has a gentler life (well less miles anyway)I think I'll be more inclined to get to work bringing the paintwork up to scratch (so to speak). Tempting to think about doing other stuff as well especially when you get chatting to Dave and others :wink:

From what I saw and heard of your new VR it would seem as if you have an excellent base to work from - sometimes the second time around can be easier as you know exactly what you want and what works and what doesn't. Would have liked to have had a longer chat yesterday - wanted to ask how you managed to melt your bottom end :shock: Hopefully bump into you at some more meets soon.

I must agree with ed, it is a lovely exampal of a Rado, that fact its a storm just tops it all off.

And the noise :nuts: there should be an age limit on it :lol:

I must agree with ed, it is a lovely exampal of a Rado, that fact its a storm just tops it all off.

And the noise :nuts: there should be an age limit on it :lol:

Yup, was sounding absolutely awesome yesterday! 8) Didn't look too bad either ;)

Gonna get the front bumper resprayed? The place that did the paint on the valver is in Nailsworth ;) Auto bodytech is also good (as you know!).

Ed, thats very kind of you to say (and far too generous!). It's far from perfect having being used as a 12,000 mile a year daily until last autumn but now she has a gentler life (well less miles anyway)I think I'll be more inclined to get to work bringing the paintwork up to scratch (so to speak). Tempting to think about doing other stuff as well especially when you get chatting to Dave and others :wink:

From what I saw and heard of your new VR it would seem as if you have an excellent base to work from - sometimes the second time around can be easier as you know exactly what you want and what works and what doesn't. Would have liked to have had a longer chat yesterday - wanted to ask how you managed to melt your bottom end :shock: Hopefully bump into you at some more meets soon.

Vaughan, I don't think it's too generous at all. Concourse examples are drool worthy and I have nothing but admiration for the folks who indulge their passion and keep them that way but I've always liked a balance between a Corrado which looks superb and yet which clearly is used regularly, which is why I've always liked yours. After all, they're gorgeous cars and need to be seen out on the roads as well as at shows.

The new VR should come up nicely, it had its first wash and Meguiars three step with me today which has helped, though it still needs a date with a bodyshop soon. It's definitely a great base to work from and thanks for the kind words.

I look forward to future meets and seeing the progress of yours and I'd love to tell you why my bottom end melted but I've no idea! Serviced just the week before, previously part built by Stealth, driven as it should be but far from thrashed. One of life's mysteries but maybe one that the Dynamic Duo at DG will fathom out...

Cheers for now, until the next meet.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorradomay2009e.jpg[/attachment:14ahid33]

Is it me or is the bit that is usually rubber around the ariel mount painted? that looks pretty freckin good!! how'd u do it?

Its not painted. It is no more than 2 years old though and since then I have always taken a bit of care to ensure it doesn't get forgotten in the cleaning routine cos the last one was rotted so it either gets some autoglym rubber and vinyl car or much more usually a smidgin of Mer Bumper Gel (the green snot stuff :gag: ) which is absolutely brilliant on this, the wing mirror trim and bump strips and literally only takes seconds to apply. I reckon my bottle will last me a lifetime!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorradomay2009e.jpg[/attachment:26hvu8dg]

Is it me or is the bit that is usually rubber around the ariel mount painted? that looks pretty freckin good!! how'd u do it?

Its not painted. It is no more than 2 years old though and since then I have always taken a bit of care to ensure it doesn't get forgotten in the cleaning routine cos the last one was rotted so it either gets some autoglym rubber and vinyl car or much more usually a smidgin of Mer Bumper Gel (the green snot stuff :gag: ) which is absolutely brilliant on this, the wing mirror trim and bump strips and literally only takes seconds to apply. I reckon my bottle will last me a lifetime!

hmmm... may have to get some of that myself...! looks pretty awsome! cleaned my car today, but the plastics look crappy! just gonna have to make do with back to black in the mean time!

Picked up a Magnex exhaust today from Pete_Griff as well as a front bumper which is in way better nick than mine - so plan is to get that resprayed and swap out.

Pete also let me have the plastic radiator cover trim that has been missing on mine since I had it (only took me 3 years to notice!)

P6281244.JPG[/attachment:uqlx5lji]

Nice looks blingin mate on the list of jobs to do to mine cant choose between the magnex and miltek

You will love the Magnex Vaughan, that'll be something extra to be polished, may also free up up a couple of extra ponies too 8)

I picked up my splitter from Pete today too so must have just missed you, will catch up soon at the Air Balloon! :)

Nice and shiny. So does that mean you car will have an even more erotic sound :nuts:

:lol: :lol:

You will love the Magnex Vaughan, that'll be something extra to be polished, may also free up up a couple of extra ponies too 8)

I picked up my splitter from Pete today too so must have just missed you, will catch up soon at the Air Balloon! :)

Gone for the meaner looking spliter then Dave :D

Nice and shiny. So does that mean you car will have an even more erotic sound :nuts:

Hehe - dunno about that but got it fitted this afternoon and took it for a good blast around the lanes. Slightly deeper tone maybe, not boomy at all and really pleased with it. :D

On the advice of CazzaVR took it to our local Longlife to be fitted - they did a really good job I think. Tightish fit over the rear axle but doesn't seem to be a problem - guess the KWs are stiff enough for it not to be an issue?P6291246.JPG[/attachment:3hmterjn]

Hopefully the last one I ever have to fit :)

Excellent choice my good man and mine has been on now for 8 years without any isues at all and buffs up a treat too even after winter use :wink: