Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Most pointless mod.... ever

Was working on recolouring a set of switches someone sent through at the weekend, and got to thinking, 'wouldn't it be cool to illuminate the spoiler switch'. So I duly set about trying to figure out how to do it, and this is where I have got so far (see below), but now I'm thinking about it, what a pointless task it is - it's not as if it's easily visible :nuts: (will finish it off properly though :dorky: ).

Anyway, has anyone else done anything daft to their interior, or had a 'why' moment like this?

Pointless it isnt, i never knew it even had a logo on it.

Can you do mine in the standard colour please Jonathon.

Sorry Simon, it has taken me 3 hours so far, and I'm not going to be doing another one as part of my 'switch recolouring' service as it is far from simple. Problem is the damn thing isn't even supposed to be illuminated, so there are no connections, no space in the switch, and no transparent emblem like the other switches, and to be honest I haven't even thought about how to reassemble the thing yet. Going to be a fun one :lol:.

Definately not an easy one Leonard, and I can understand why it hasn't been done much before (although I seem to recall someone out there had done it). Only a little bit of marketing :wink:

would be cool (but still pointless) if you could have an indicator in one of the switch blanks showing the spoiler down and spoiler up so it changes as the spoiler rises.

:lol: Jonathan, I was just about to mockingly reply and mention a pointless mod like interior switch lights, seem you're a step ahead!

tbh, if you hadn't had done it you'll always think it;s the odd one out so for completeness sake I :salute: you.

Just have to finish it off now and make it look good Jon (and yes it would bugged me if I hadn't done it). Hmm now then a dash mounted spoiler indicator. Must....resist...another...job...

one thing I keep thinking about (driving in the dark these winter evenings) is illuminated air vents/controls, my dads A6 has lovely subtle red glows to the open/shut indicator whereas the Corrado just has the printed white marks, even a very small LED to mark the open and shut end points would be good, or one built into the wheel?

I got a 'this is probably the pointless mod ever' reply when I posted up putting electric headlight adjustment onto my Corrado but in my eyes if you WANT to do something to your Corrado, then it's not pointless doing it :grin: :grin:

one thing I keep thinking about (driving in the dark these winter evenings) is illuminated air vents/controls, my dads A6 has lovely subtle red glows to the open/shut indicator whereas the Corrado just has the printed white marks, even a very small LED to mark the open and shut end points would be good, or one built into the wheel?

Dave, GITD Paint??? Simple... :lol: If it's not bright enough, then Black-light spots on the B-Pillars to high-light them! :nuts:

How about a Spoiler/Sunroof "failure" light? Much more useful! :wave:

Problem is with a lot of cars, it'd be on all the time :lol:

Finally finished it. But I can't remember which way round the front section clips on :brickwall: . Anybody got a photo (or can take one) of a spoiler switch so I can see which way round to put the front face back on (a side on shot would be fantastic please).

Isn't that just another name for a light that's always on???

Isn't that just another name for a light that's always on???

Not on my car!

(Now where's that big lump of wood to touch?)

Yeah in the car, it goes in the other way up Critical _Mass, but what I'm not sure about is whether the front plate is on the body of the switch the right way round (as it will fit either way round). Apologies if you can tell that from that pic.

ah in that case, shouldnt it be turned round. Should the tab on the back (just on the right near the wires) of the switch be at the top. So the switch is the right way round but the cover needs turning round... if that makes sens

Yes, it does make sense, but I seem to recall (the switch is at home) that there is another one of those tabs at the bottom left, so even if it was rotated 180 degrees it would look the same (this is making my head hurt now :lol:).

Ah, I've popped the one in my dash out now (and yes it was a pain). So I have something to compare it with (yay).