Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

pain in the hide !!

does anyone else find the c's seats bloody uncomfortable.....I have full leather and can never get them in the correct position for a comfortable journey....even short journeys are literally a pain in the 'back' side.....also I dont know if its just my height (although I'm an average build 6ft 1) but on one notch I feel too close to the steering wheel and the next notch down I feel like I'm streatching, does anyone else have these problems?

I was thinking they might be so uncomfortable because of there age and that from new they might have been better..... but mine are in very good nick.

I'm the same height as you Danny and yes tiz a pain.

I find i have to fidget about with the seat tilt to get half comfy.

That bottom of the dashboard fuse box cover is not very practical for my big feet either when using the accelerator pedal.

being a shortarse has it's benefits. I find mine comfortable, onlya pain in the summer when the leather gets really hot and burns my legs.

i'm about 5'8'' ish :) :(

I'm around the same height, and never found it to be uncomfortable. Do you have the later interior? maybe there's a comfort difference :D

The standard seats on a corrado are pretty good imo but the recaros are way better. Perfect driving position and support makes long journey all the more pleasant.

Do you drive with stuff in your pockets, like wallet, phone, keys etc? I find it make a big difference if I take those out. I think it cos the seats hug you so much that anything in your pockets will twist your back slightly.

Apart from that I dunno, but I find the base tilt lever actually does the most for my comfort.

I am 6ft 2 and I am more than comfortable. I think a lot of it depends on length of legs, body and arms. I have long legs for my height which seems to suit driving a C

i used to drive my car all the time and found it to be really comfy! but now i dont drive it as often i know what you mean i cant get the position right!

if someone else drives my car and moves the seat i cant get the position back and i know what you mean about the notches but im lil anyway :oops:!

i think its a getting used to thing but if i drive my car all the time it seems fine!! ive got standard cloth seats! maybe its the leather in urs?

I wouldn't say mine is uncomfortable, but I can't get the steering wheel in the right position! The perfect position for me is with the wheel right in the middle of two notches on the adjustment, think it might be time to go for a solid column and shim it to the right height.

I've got leather and the seats themselves are great, plenty of adjustment but as has been said they do 'hug' you quite well so I find it best to take my coat off once I'm in the car - may be a bit cold this time of year but it soon warms up with the heated seats on :)

I don't recall the C seats being that bad but I used to have a pair of C fronts in my mk1 and they were awful - gave me a really bad back and were terrible for getting in the right position!

Mind you I found recaros to be worse as the bolsters just don't hold you as tightly as the standard seats!

T he Recaro's dont hug you as much as the standard seats that is true but the seat itself is so much more comfortable.

T he Recaro's dont hug you as much as the standard seats that is true but the seat itself is so much more comfortable.

+1

+1

+2 :)

So The Recaros seem to be the "FAT-BOY" option then? :lol:

Mate did say my stockers were more supportive than his Recaros... But I tend to get cramp in my leg after 2-3hrs... Could be my age though (before you all jump on the "Fogey" bandwagon)

just rebolstered my standard leather new drivers side and centre, v v supportive now!

I'm 6'5" and 17stone and find them fine but i have fitted a 300mm wheel which slightly affects the view of the dials

I have the seat all the way back and down and then with a gansta lean... so i can keep my head off the roof :lol:

maybe your seats are just worn out? - mine were 15yrs old so understandable!

I have the seat all the way back and down and then with a gansta lean... so i can keep my head off the roof :lol:

+1 lol

6ft 6in

I feel your pain, at least theres no adjustments to make tho, all the way down and all the way back.

been off line all weekend and just seen replys......bit of a mixed bag then by the looks of it, for me that just suggests it must be down to the age of the seats even if myn seem to be in very good condition internally you never know I suppose :shrug:

its just a shame because they look so cool and everyone (who doesnt know about corrado's) comments on them, but little do they know you wouldnt want to spend longer than 20 minutes in one :(

the most pain I get is from the lower back, can you get this area of the seat re - .... bolstered/sprung/strung or whatever :lol: ??

The lower back pain is precisely the pain i used to get until i fit the Recaro's, they are more ergonomically designed and fit the lower back so much better as opposed to just sitting on foam feeling, its weird cos although they dont hug you as much as standard you actually feel like they hug you better but less and thats even with leather, im 5.9" and 13 stone 320mm steering wheel.

Yeti what you doing looking at the dials, i thought they were just a legal MOT requirement.... :lol:

How difficult would it be for me to change myn over to the Recaros.....I have heated leather at the moment......are all the Leather Recaros electric ?

Danny.. if you can try out some good stock fabric seats first... if you can borrow one...

You might find the lower back pain's from the small amount of "sliding" you tend to get on leather...

Found with a Daimler I chauffered in years ago did the same to me, and they had sofe quality seats... was just down to the little movements from driving and you unconciously moving to counteract them...