Kevin Bacon

MK4 expansion tank upgrade

New tanks for 4 cyl Corrado's from VW are only £12+vat and slightly cheaper via TPS - I'd just stick to the Corrado part now

do I bother with the blue cap? I assume I'll get a new black one with my bottle

do I bother with the blue cap? I assume I'll get a new black one with my bottle

The bottle doesn't come with a cap - AFAIK if you order a new cap then a blue one is supplied.

Ian.

Put my mk4 header on today, only problem I'm having I that altought the ware level light stops flashing when starte up, it doesent flash wen the level is below minimum, am I missing something blatently obvious? I've tried the wire either way around much to no avail, any pointers much appreciated

My bad!! It does work but you the water realy is low when it starts flashing, almost empty even

Just a quick thread to say ta to Kev for starting the original thread and idea. Did this tonight and the hardest bit was getting the wires out of the clip! My old expansion tank which was only 18 months old was leaking so hoping to sort two problems at once with this. My wiring and top hose managed to fit without extending anything.

gonna do this mod next weekend when i get my sender!

How do you get the water pipe to extend over to the new mk 4 expansion tank

VR6 bay

enginebay002.jpg

this may be on my list of things to do next year.... cheers for link for the terminals, ive got a burnt out one on my punto that I need replace, hoping that the terminals on this site will do the job :)

I've done this today. Not sure if I got the right tank (I used the part number of the first page) but it didn't fit to the existing bracket. I had to shave a small locating lug off the bottom of the tank and turn it 90 degrees clockwise. This was for 2 reasons - The wiring for the level sensor wasn't long enough and the 'T' piece wasn't in the right place. The only problems I foresee are that I have secured it with only one screw and the 'min / max' marks are round the back so not as easy to see as they should be (I can still see them from the correct angle).

How did everyone else get these to fit? I'll take a photo when I'm next at the car.

EDIT - Just read the whole thread rather than the first post. Wish I had read it all before now!

At least I can go back and fix my errors. Just need to work out how to extend the wiring on the sensor plug.

Edited by OllieVR6

The wiring is easy bud it's just an open and closed signal

Get a small gauge wiring like 3 amps and solder it and re wrap :)

Just rang to order one, ordered just the bottle and checked the part number and it's gone up to £19 + VAT

Sods law they aren't £10 when I want one!

Nice one, my tank has a slight weep so just ordered a new one from Euro car parts.

£10.84 delivered. Part number is..

EIS Expansion TankEIS Expansion Tank

Volkswagen Golf 2.0 2003

Part No.: 205440420Qty: 1 | Amount: £10.84

Rog.

Price is better than I thought ,I just rang my local vw and they want £23 ,so best order one from eurocar parts sharpish lol

Some of the non-genuine tanks are crappy quality i'm told. For the extra £10 i'd rather go with the VW one, which i did....

Ye there is that mate ,might do the same ,but don't want to be to keen I haven't even collected my new toy yet lol

Some of the non-genuine tanks are crappy quality i'm told. For the extra £10 i'd rather go with the VW one, which i did....

Are the hella ones any good?

Are the hella ones any good?

Is it possible to get Hella ones? I would say they are or would be close to Original Equipment?

I need one too :)