Toad

Music thread...

Eminem - lyrical genius?? :lol: Now there's a contradiction in terms!!

ADIDAS is a good song, Korn are a good band.

And I can highly recommend Halestorm's debut album (think it's self titled), it's really, really good. :grin:

Eminem - lyrical genius?? :lol: Now there's a contradiction in terms!!

ADIDAS is a good song, Korn are a good band.

And I can highly recommend Halestorm's debut album (think it's self titled), it's really, really good. :grin:

Like his music or not, most people I know appreciate that there is a cleverness to his lyrics that you rarely find in songwriters

Like his music or not, most people I know appreciate that there is a cleverness to his lyrics that you rarely find in songwriters

Rarely? Hmmm, you obviously not seen my CD collection then :wink:

Rarely? Hmmm, you obviously not seen my CD collection then :wink:

Whats in your collection?

May not all be to my taste, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it

Geez, that will take a while! So I'll just pull out some of the 'highlights':

Metallica, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Pitchshifter, Within Temptation, Evanescence, White/Rob Zombie, Carfax Abbey you get the idea :grin:

Geez, that will take a while! So I'll just pull out some of the 'highlights':

Metallica, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Pitchshifter, Within Temptation, Evanescence, White/Rob Zombie, Carfax Abbey you get the idea :grin:

Not necessarily my first choice to listen to... but Master of Puppets is one of the greatest albums of all time imo

Rob Flynn walked past me at Download '07 too and he is bloody scary up close... :lol:

fan of Iron Maiden?

fan of Iron Maiden?

Now you're talking, Maiden rule!

Fave song - Phantom of the Opera. No contest.

Best album is a tossup between Seventh Son and Powerslave.

My metal collection is a lot heavier but some excellent bands there. I've seen 4 of them in concert.

Not necessarily my first choice to listen to... but Master of Puppets is one of the greatest albums of all time imo

Rob Flynn walked past me at Download '07 too and he is bloody scary up close... :lol:

fan of Iron Maiden?

You were at Download and you like Eminem? :scratch: Eclectic!

Rob's not scary! :grin:

And hells yeah I like the Maiden, saw em live in Cardiff a little while ago.

fan of Iron Maiden?

Now you're talking, Maiden rule!

Fave song - Phantom of the Opera. No contest.

Best album is a tossup between Seventh Son and Powerslave.[/quote:38wtyxx7]

I prefer Fear Of The Dark, when they did that at Download, the atmosphere was unreal... best individual song I've ever seen live... although Muse at Leeds 06 were the best whole performance live

[youtube:38wtyxx7]fUh0dPwaZoQ[/youtube:38wtyxx7]

fan of Iron Maiden?

You were at Download and you like Eminem? :scratch: Eclectic!

Rob's not scary! :grin:

And hells yeah I like the Maiden, saw em live in Cardiff a little while ago.

Bowling For Soup played Download in 07 too :shrug:

I don't think there's a single genre of music where there's not at least a few songs I like

Why can't someone like metal, dance/trance, rap, r'n'b, jazz & blues, classical and all the other genres?

I don't think there's a single genre of music where there's not at least a few songs I like

Why can't someone like metal, dance/trance, rap, r'n'b, jazz & blues, classical and all the other genres?

Of course someone can like a mix of all genres, I just haven't come across many people who like Eminem and metal. :) I like some stuff other than metal myself, though metal does form 90% of my collection. And Bowling For Soup is an odd one, more like a Reading band than a Download one...

My metal collection is a lot heavier but some excellent bands there. I've seen 4 of them in concert.

I bet we've actually seen quite a lot of the same bands. SYL for example. Seen them twice :grin: Devin is hysterical.

Of course someone can like a mix of all genres, I just haven't come across many people who like Eminem and metal. :) I like some stuff other than metal myself, though metal does form 90% of my collection. And Bowling For Soup is an odd one, more like a Reading band than a Download one...

Leeds > Reading :scratch:

Same crap bands for a second time, just further North.

I remember the days when Reading was good! :lol: The year after I went they had Daphne and Celests!! :gag:

Fear of the Dark is a pretty good song and goes down a storm live, but its more a crowd participation tune. There are better tunes out there, Hallowed be thy name, Sanctuary, Powerslave, the Trooper, etc... to name but a few.

I also listen to many genres of music, I mostly listen to black and death metal, but am not adverse to cranking on some psytrance, blues, old skool hip hop and even classical if I want. I even know all the words to Baby Got Back by Sir Mixalot! Its my karaoke special :)

Loving this song at the moment too.

[youtube:6y5h33j2]Zk0ROmJ4UY8[/youtube:6y5h33j2]

Same crap bands for a second time, just further North.

I remember the days when Reading was good! :lol: The year after I went they had Daphne and Celests!! :gag:

:lol:

Tune for the weekend... NSFW

[youtube:1hd9af0a]CAV0XrbEwNc[/youtube:1hd9af0a]

Class :lol: cant enough of the new Deftones album Diamond eyes it's fu$%ing brilliant, just got the new Pendulum album and that's not bad either.

Been listening to the new Iron Maiden album.

Poo. Bruce's voice has lost it, he can't hit the high notes anymore that gave Maiden a distinctive feel, I'm not a fan of the long intros either.

I am gutted, there hasn't been a good album since ooh....Fear Of The Dark which was 12 years ago? And that wasn't amazing.

Poo. Bruce's voice has lost it, he can't hit the high notes anymore that gave Maiden a distinctive feel, I'm not a fan of the long intros either.

I am gutted, there hasn't been a good album since ooh....Fear Of The Dark which was 12 years ago? And that wasn't amazing.

Aw nuts. :mad2: I'm going out to my usual metal club tonight and they got a promo on for Final Frontier, but sounds like it ain't gonna be so great. Better get steaming then :drinking:

Aw nuts. :mad2: I'm going out to my usual metal club tonight and they got a promo on for Final Frontier, but sounds like it ain't gonna be so great. Better get steaming then :drinking:

Its ok, not great but better than the last one.

Its ok, not great but better than the last one.[/quote:39rar2g1]

So, official album launch night and they play one track. Just one. Looks like you're not the only one who doesn't think it's that great! :lol:

September's good & bad news musically

Good : Underworld have a new album out

Bad : So do the Kings of Leon...

September's good & bad news musically

Good : Underworld have a new album out

Bad : So do the Kings of Leon...

Oh no! Not more things on fire... :gag:

I just hope The Spice Girls don't make a comeback!!