easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Brakes look great, very professional outfit at bigred. Thinking of sending mine to them to have a go at.

What's the plan for the windscreen, cut it from the donor?

The surround for the windscreen is already out of the donor. Not all of it will be needed , both corners and the passenger side mostly.

I'm delighted with the brakes, won't need to worry about them for a long time :)

Well, seeing as I enjoy a wee complication ,I picked this up today, 6.45am train south and was home for 3.30pm

B9F23322-BECC-4532-ACDB-0417F7718519.jpg

Cheers guys, and yes I must be mental, but it's all good fun :)

There is some sort of aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on it, the return pipe on the rail has been blanked off.

It started first time( I took a charged battery with me in a travel suitcase :lol: )but once we(seller and myself) went to the petrol station to fill her up, she wouldn't start, cue lots of fiddling with the fuel pipes, got it eventually after a liberal soaking in petrol, by removing the pipe at the fuel return......air in the rail I guess.

Drive up the road was fine, it actually runs very well for being a high miler, well higher than the others I have.

Bodywork is where the issues are but I've not had a proper look as I was starving and then it was dark :lol:

I will be swapping the fuel rail and putting in a proper regulator as soon as I get time just to see if it cures the hot start issue......certainly won't make it any worse :)

Edited by easypops

Collecting corrados. Bet that won't be the last one either.

:lol: hopefully the last one for a while...... But you never know :)

This didn't come from way , way , down south did it ,easy ? .

No mate, just from North Yorkshire , way down south for me but not really all that far :)

Ah , long shot . I was in the T4 , coming home from work yesterday and a flash red was heading towards me and I was thinking , where did that come from ? . We live in a relatively small area .

Just read the whole thread-great read. I've not long returned to the forum and I remember JoeMs car well. I seem to remember it making good figures at Star Performance about 12 years ago.

Well done on saving the Storm! Work looks great. I have just had the same rust issues around the windscreen as you-although just the top edge. Had to cut about and inch off all the way along. The standard of Scottish Corrados seems to be getting higher and higher. Once the better weather approaches we should all arrange a meet.

Fraser

Just read the whole thread-great read. I've not long returned to the forum and I remember JoeMs car well. I seem to remember it making good figures at Star Performance about 12 years ago.

Well done on saving the Storm! Work looks great. I have just had the same rust issues around the windscreen as you-although just the top edge. Had to cut about and inch off all the way along. The standard of Scottish Corrados seems to be getting higher and higher. Once the better weather approaches we should all arrange a meet.

Fraser

Thanks mate, nothing much is happening with the storm at the moment, the weather just isn't good, as you'll know......couple of nice days but the welders car is off the road at the moment. You are right that there are a lot of very nice Corrado's up here now, a meet should definitely happen......I just pray I have one up and running to attend in :lol:

Managed to get a bit of scavenging done yesterday(the joy of having a parts car) to hopefully sort out the red ones bad starting issue. Fuel rail with fpr and pipes and a bonnet release cable handle to let me get under the bonnet without mole grips

120F89F3-C0A5-4CD1-A695-DFD4C0E63976.jpg

This weather is useless for getting work done on the car. I currently have no windscreen or sunroof in while I'm fixing various issues. So I've been squeezing it in my garage-and it's a very tight squeeze.

Once the better weather approaches we should try and all get together. We could go along to the Tartan Tarmac meet its on once a month on a Sunday and there's generally a good mix of cars, some very exotic indeed. The Scottish VAG meets seem few and far between.

Fraser

Oooh now that is tight, damn tight it's one of those pics you can't bare to look at but you really don't want to

Another small update, I decided to go for the gliptone leather dye.....for the Storm, thought its best to say that as this thread has way too many Corrado's in it :lol:

Reason for re dying the leather is that it is tired and slightly discoloured, ie the sides of the seats don't quite match the middle sections, it might just be the way it is but I'd quite like it uniform.

Tried out the dye on a rear bottom section, photo/light poor but after a couple of coats it's looking not too bad at all :)

6FBE4F4B-2F10-40F8-AB3F-D0376980BDE3.jpg

The one on the left is as yet untouched, the one on the right is dyed, photo doesn't show too much difference but in the flesh you can see how much nicer it's going to be (eventually) :)

2BE3332C-1EBA-43EC-A788-26EE81B325B9.jpg

Good work on the seat mate..

There are too many Corrados involved here, time to whittle back the collection...

Good work on the seat mate..

There are too many Corrados involved here, time to whittle back the collection...

You are not wrong there mate, time for some spring cleaning I think :)