easypops

My VR6 and Storm

So, I’ve been very quiet lately, work has been really busy, which I know is odd in the current climate, anyway, I’m hoping to get back in this ASAP.

However, I did manage to pick up a wee present for the almost forgotten about Storm........ supposedly the last one cast and it’ll need a few of the holes drilling etc, so it’s another project to go on the list. I might just look at it instead of actually using it 🤣

2B648F72-1DD1-4B9B-BDFE-A4B87EE6ACC1.jpeg

33 minutes ago, easypops said:

So, I’ve been very quiet lately, work has been really busy, which I know is odd in the current climate, anyway, I’m hoping to get back in this ASAP.

However, I did manage to pick up a wee present for the almost forgotten about Storm........ supposedly the last one cast and it’ll need a few of the holes drilling etc, so it’s another project to go on the list. I might just look at it instead of actually using it 🤣

Looks great.

I hate you.

Bye!

1 hour ago, easypops said:

You don’t really want that, sure it would fit much better on mine.

Well done finding VR6 gold dust!!!

2 hours ago, easypops said:

where the hell did you find that!!??

7 hours ago, easypops said:

When you say busy Martin, I read checking forum & auction sites like a bloody hawk looking for the next bargain to get your mitts on! 😜

This is absolutely the right one to have mate, I obviously don't need to tell you that though. A little disappointed you only have one mind you! 🤣

Wow that's a freakin nice piece/find! Like everyone else, I would love to have one as well... Very happy for you! 

Thanks everyone, I’m delighted to have found it. 
Hopefully that’s it for the comedy expensive parts. I have to put it to the side so I can concentrate on the red VR6. It’s so close to being ready that I can’t allow myself to be distracted (my life problem 🤣)

So, seeing as it’s a wee bit warmer today, I thought I would start trying to get a few wee bits painted(diy style) so that I can push on .

Fibreglass wings bought last year from Chris Ferry, top guy as we all know. I got them with the holes still to be put in as I wanted to delete the indicators........ planning on having them in the bumper(American side markers).

Slam panel off the breaker, as I gave the red one away to a deserving fellow owner 😁

And the front bumper , already fitted with the recesses for the side markers

299D7625-5538-4354-9A24-7A6E310D1F54.jpeg

5B8E33FB-FD69-4464-8399-9D8A81B24B84.jpeg

Edited by easypops

6 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

I have to say, you're pretty good at spray painting, good job! 

Thanks mate, I’m not really through. I’m sure it won’t stand up to proper scrutiny but it needs to be red. Lots of sanding between coats seems to be what helps, that’s what I’ve always believed anyway. Preparation, preparation, preparation.

I may well end up getting it done professionally in the future, for  now it’s functional 😁👍

Ya, I think you are it's not the first time I see your painting job! And I totally agree with you... Real estate it's location, location, location and painting it's prep, prep, prep lol

Cheers mate

46 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Looking great Martin 😇

Thanks mate, trying to get it pushed on a bit now, especially before lockdown ends 😁

7 minutes ago, easypops said:

Thanks mate, trying to get it pushed on a bit now, especially before lockdown ends 😁

👌

Looks good mate- I have the cleanest slam panel known to man kind its a red one with absolute no rust but it is for a 4 cylinder- damn !

12 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

That bumper looks familiar 🤔

Does it? It’s not the one your lights came from mate........ this was bought by someone else years ago and was gifted to me as I’d always fancied running the American side markers 👍

Or are you remembering it from the previous owners car? Stonejag as far as I recall 😁

9 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Looks good mate- I have the cleanest slam panel known to man kind its a red one with absolute no rust but it is for a 4 cylinder- damn !

I know mate, I remember your for sale post, I thought I was about to be saved this job 🤣

1 minute ago, easypops said:

I know mate, I remember your for sale post, I thought I was about to be saved this job 🤣

🤣