Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Swompy's Ice grey violet. Now gone to a new home

Standard or go for gloss black, cc'd only works on black cars imo!

Have done a few changes over the weekend.

Adjusted the throttle cable, new smoked repeaters thanks to CazzaVR, lowered the rear suspension more so it sits more evenly and replcaed the center console face as mine was broken in two :shock:

Pics below :D

Inside of the car half way through

100411_114136.jpg

100411_114237.jpg

Final results

100411_125725.jpg

The broken console

100411_130449.jpg

100411_130502.jpg

Gave the car a quick clean as well and with only a hose and rub down it came up really nicely and the water is still beeding up from the wax. Thos 8 hours spent last weekend cleaning it have paid off :D

100411_171107.jpg

100411_171151.jpg

100411_171218.jpg

Also after putting the console back to gether the heater fans only worked on 4 :( so after a quick fiddle with the copper conections behind the switch it was working again :clap:

Good work Jake.

Did you say you were getting the Estorils refurbed? I did mine when I had the valver but didn't get em laquered which was a mistake as I could never keep then looking good after the first month :(

Thanks guys.

Ya will hopefully be getting them polished soon 8)

Will be laquering them as well

Brought one of thos power rohw ( how ever you spell it) off ebay the other day for £5 :D

its for a 16v mk2 but fits well, slight nocking on the suspension tower but a couple of layers of duct tape gave enough padding to stop it 8)

Makes the induction growl sound nicer

100416_163417.jpg

Also picking these up next weekend to use whilst I polish my Estorils and will do well for a set of winter rims :D

Picture200091.jpg

That'll be Power Rohr- copy cat! :p :lol: Looks good, especially with the spruced up mani 8)

That'll be Power Rohr- copy cat! :p :lol: Looks good, especially with the spruced up mani 8)

Haha cheeky, Who said I copied you :p :lol:

I thought it was a good buy at only £4.99 Bargin :grin:

I cant wait to get the bay looking cleaner one day, I want to take it apart and give it a good scrub and clean up with new pipes and wire covers as well as a long list of other things 8)

do it, a good clean that is. A valver motor is way more interesting to look at than a VR :ignore: link me up to the rohr jobby :D

do it, a good clean that is. A valver motor is way more interesting to look at than a VR :ignore: link me up to the rohr jobby :D

Haha ya you can see more of the engine for a start :grin:

With the rohr it was just one of thos lucky finds, watched it for a few days with no bids then chucked in a bid at the last second and won :clap:

i could do with one of those, my intake pipe is colapsing :(

thats a great buy for a fiver! nice one! :D

I could do with some of your opinions on what to do to my estorils.

Do I polish the whole rim and leave it like that or polish the rim but paint the "eye" ( cant think of a better word) in black anthracite or has any one got any better ideas?

090523_135420.jpg

Personally I'd stick with one colour. Polish will certainly bring it up nice but will be a bugger to keep clean unless you can get it laquered(I didn't when I had my valver and it was only a matter of months before really noticeable marks began to appear however much I tried to polish them out). Maybe painting might be an easier option?

Personally I'd stick with one colour. Polish will certainly bring it up nice but will be a bugger to keep clean unless you can get it laquered(I didn't when I had my valver and it was only a matter of months before really noticeable marks began to appear however much I tried to polish them out). Maybe painting might be an easier option?

I will be giving them a good coat of laquer after polishing them

It probably won't key. Stick to a hit of bright silver, no other colours or polishing, clean and timeless

Ya sort of along thos lines coullstar

Defo paint the inserts a dark colour, polish the rim and keep the rest silver 8)

So polished lips :norty: , black maybe colour coded inserts and light silver face?

Dont colour code the inserts :gag: Just go for a dark colour :)

Ya good point :brickwall:

Just brought a polishing kit now I need a half decent drill as the old man wont let me take his when I move out 8)