Sign in to follow this  
sonia16v

should I lower it??

I'm new to the forum - so Hello!!!

i'm the proud new FEMALE owner of a 1.8 16v C. It's totally standard as you can see from the pic. I'm learning everyday about my beloved C!

I'd like to drop it 40mm but been told not to as there wont be any standard ones left in 10 yrs.

What do you think?

For or Against.

as long as you keep the standard springs and dampers(if they are in decent nick of course)....i can't see it being dropped 40mm would be a selling problem a few years from now......so go for it :wink:

Leave it be :)

And welcome to the forum.. you'll be glad to know theres a few female members on here as well :)

that look clean! mint i tell ya... well depends what image you want out of it... me i'm droping mine on coilovers on fri 16th jan but i will still keep the standard suspection.... coz i know when i see it if the buyer noyices i have sport shocks and lowered he know i've been arsing around in it.. and modifying it so therefore i is not a corrado it is a modded corrado.... but hey all corrados look nice and mean low dow so i saw go for it but keep the standard shocks....

BTW welcome to the fourm and it's nice to have another lady owning a RED corrado what is it tornado red or flash red mines flash red....

Hi Soz,

It's a lovely looking 'rado you've got there... Almost identical to my first one too... 8)

I'd go with what the rest of the people here seem to have said, subtly lower the car, but keep hold of the original springs and shocks. At the end of the day, it's a simple modification to return to normal again, and will increase your enjoyment of driving your car, as long as you get a decent setup... 8)

Welcome to the forum... :)

again backing up whats said

lowering isnt much of a issue as yu can even buy standard suspension items and return to normal when you do come to sell it

sadly for me no return :oops: :roll: lol especialy when i get it back from the body shop lol :D :mrgreen: :twisted:

Hi soz, welcome to the forum.

My old suspension was very worn so I threw it away. I'll be keeping the car until it "dies" anyway so I'm not too bothered about it's resale value.

I don't think that lowering a car reduces it's value too much - when I bought mine, I was willing to pay extra for a car which had already been modified !!

Hi & welcome, nice clean car you got there..

The first thing I did to my corrado is get it lowered, handles great.. :wink:

Lower it.

i bought a 95 VR6 and a few weeks after that i bought the koni 40mm spring / T/A shock set.

............although the suspension is still sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted :D...just havent had the time yet.

most people now-a-days that buy a fast car like that would appreciate it being lowered IMO

Hello and Velcome

I'd lower it.. even if you leave it on standard rims it'll look beter lowered. At the end of the day you all have to admit owning a jacked up 4x4 looking sports car aint that cool!

Standard is fine but sitting low can only compliment perfection

mines lowered 60mm check the pics, still looks decent height, doesnt scrape on anything and rides not harsh at all and best of all u can throw it into a corner hard and still get to burger king ;-)

FurkiG60 - have you removed the front wing shields or just trimmed them down ??

My car is about the same height as yours & my front tyres constantly rub on the plastic wing liners. I'd like to keep the front section of them as that supports the brake cooling ducts.