big ben

Big Ben's VRT

love this car, i was sooo close to buying this off marcus so good to see its being very well looked after.

it sure is getting looked after :salute:

i think i got a bargain, just needed some finishing touches which im slowly working through! just need the bodywork doing and it will be close to being exactly how i want it :)

Looks flipping awesome Ben! (and yeah, you did get a bargain when you bought the car)

What are you doing with your old wheels?

Looks great mate, what tyres size and offsets u running?

cheers, wheels are 17x8 ET30 with falken 205/40's on

Yes yes and more yes.

made the right choice didnt we :D

Looking brilliant mate! :D

ET30 doesn't poke out as much as i thought it would!

we done the right thing!! worth being skint over haha... and the poke isnt bad at all, im glad i got ET30 now as i wasnt too sure about it at the time

Looks flipping awesome Ben! (and yeah, you did get a bargain when you bought the car)

what are you doing with your old wheels?

cheers bud, the wheels will be sold once i have decided what to do with them

couple pics of the poke and clearance;

front

DSCF1148.jpg

back

DSCF1149.jpg

clearance, you will have to let me off the dirt on the caliper :lol:

DSCF1145.jpg

I have to say they look far better than I expected they would! Absolutely awesome!

cheers fellas, they look better than i thought they would to, when i walk out to my car constantly got a big smile on my face :)

been doing a spot of polishing today :lol:

paint is slowly becoming swirl free, need to carry on next weekend with it and get it all mint for winter! picked up my first car park dent this week i noticed, not too happy about it but its not that bad and the door needs spraying anyway so will get it sorted soon as i can...

my little set up :flasingsmile:

rado1.jpg

roof

rado2.jpg

bonnet and side

rado3.jpg

rado4.jpg

rado6.jpg

door with dent it :bad-words:

rado5.jpg

rado7.jpg

rado8.jpg

the sun was playing tricks on me, hopefully i can get some better pics later

Looks great fella, what products u using? I cnt be bothered to wash my vr let alone machine polish it yet every weekend i promise myself i will LOL....

I really like your rims!! :luvlove:

cheers Abdul! only just seen your post, i mainly use Optimum, FinishKare, Gtehcniq, Menz polishes and Serious Performance products nowadays. Have used LOADS over the last year and spend a small fortune, but finally settled on products which do the business for me and im more than happy

Have recently applied Gtechniq C1 Nanocoat to my car, which i managed to get my hands on :D Its like adding an extra layer of laquer to the paint, it sheets water amazingly, and beads really nice as well! It should last me over a year as well, no more waxing for me :grin:

Jeeeeeze, that looks amazin! :luvlove:

I still want your old wheels, I still can't afford them :(

Nice job with the polisher mate, I'll get my photos up when I finally get round to finishing mine. Did you do the bumpers? How did you find them, haven't done mine yet, that's the last bit for me.

cheers mate!

the old wheels are sold now :( and i didnt machine polish the bumpers, they both need respraying so i didnt bother with them as i hope to have them sprayed soonish... i have a small backing plate and 4 inch pads though for hard to get at areas, shouldnt be a problem really, but might be better taking them off other wise your back could end up quite bad :lol:

that is spot on love it got to be one of the nicer ones around 8)

much appreciated!

it is just how i like a corrado to look to be honest, they dont need much doing to them i dont think, they look the nuts anyway :)

just some of the coatings i have applied to get me through winter driving

Gtechniq C1 nanocoat - permanently bonds to paint to protect it :D

DSCF1306.jpg

Gtechniq G3 and G4 - applied on windows, can drive without wipers over 50mph which has big bonus in a corrado :norty:

DSCF1308.jpg

Gummi Pflege Stift - applied to all seals, revives them and stops them freezing

DSCF1309.jpg

G3 only lasts a couple months, G1 lasts 6 months so i will apply that soon!

Also i have been greeted with this in the mornings recently;

DSCF1336.jpg

yep, got water inside on the carpet, heater matrix has small crack in :( so, yesterday i got to work...

this is the point where i already started feeling a bit nervous :lol:

DSCF1337.jpg

Everything is out and labelled

DSCF1338.jpg

Dash out, not a pretty sight

DSCF1339.jpg

after that i had a bit of a nightmare, had to take out my scuttle panel, and all my boost pipework etc, my dad came and gave me a hand and i have his blood around the engine bay to prove it :lol: but after a couple hours of swearing we got the b@stard out :)

DSCF1340.jpg

but after spending so long getting it all out and changed over, it was getting on and i needed the car for work today, so i had to bodge it up and leave it for this weekend as i didnt want to rush it, so its currently looking like this

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

at least its not leaking any more :lol:

will get it all dry inside, its not too bad as it was such a small leak! i have a heating seat loom and switch to put in as well so i can have a warm ass in the mornings, so will get it all back nicely this weekend, hopefully its dry