Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Car is going to get a good wash, polish, wax, clay ect info?

As I'm going on holiday in about two weeks I'm planning on giving my car one hell of a wash, wax, polish, T-cut, paint sealant, clay bar ( I think thats every thing) ready for the winter.

Just wondering what order I should do things in and if I've got every thing correct

The obvious first give it a wash and then chamois dry, then Clay bar??? followed by T-cut???? followed by Autoglym super resin polish, then Carlack 68 (sealant) and finaly Collinite 476s????

Is that the right order to do things in and am I just repeating myself on any of them??

Link to the Carlack 68 + Collinite 476 kit

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html

Also going to get a cover for the car whilst I'm away :D

Thanks 8)

Wash

Clay

Quick rinse

Paint cleaner e.g. Megs step 1 (wouldn't use T-cut)

AG Super Resin Polish

Sealant

Good wax (Collinite, Dodo Juice etc)

Make sure you use the two bucket method, wash mitts + waffle-weave towel for drying instead of a chamois.

Right ok thanks for that so

wash and dry then clay bar then rinse and dry again????

Make sure you use plenty of the lubricant stuff on the clay bar - if you clay it too dry, you'll end up with scratches everywhere!

And buy lots of microfibre cloths - they're great for removing AG super resin polish, and waxes.

ok so This is a link to the products I'm going to get ( halfords and my local car shop will be happy once I leave thats for shore :lol: )

Clay and Detailer http://www.autoglym.com/engb/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=EIEL&Range=1

Meguiars deep clean http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_199031_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Sealant and wax http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html

Got the polish and plenty of polish cloths

and to dry http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_199187_langId_-1_categoryId_165609#dtab

Sound about right :D

I dont have two buckets but I find getting the hose pipe on jet and spraying the mitt on the inside whilst rubbing off the dirt (sound a bit dirty that :lol: ) gives a good result

Sorry to hijack this thread I bought some AG super resin polish (I'm a fan of this stuff) Normally its quite thick like jif/cif bath cleaner however the last bottle I bought I was shocked when i opened it to find it very runny/thin. Does anyone know is AG have have changed the consistency of their resin polish or have I bought a duff bottle?

Cheers Alan

Might be wise to bin the chamois as well, much better off with a proper drying cloth

Oh. I have alswys used chamois and thought it was pretty safe? :shrug: What kind o cloth would you suggest to wipe teh excess whater off with, prior to polishing?

Sorry to hijack this thread I bought some AG super resin polish (I'm a fan of this stuff) Normally its quite thick like jif/cif bath cleaner however the last bottle I bought I was shocked when i opened it to find it very runny/thin. Does anyone know is AG have have changed the consistency of their resin polish or have I bought a duff bottle?

Cheers Alan

its does run out the bottle quite easily and its easy to spill loads by just tipping the bottle, so yes its a bit runny. Maybe your last bottle was old? have you shaken it? lol

its does run out the bottle quite easily and its easy to spill loads by just tipping the bottle, so yes its a bit runny. Maybe your last bottle was old? have you shaken it? lol

Yeah shook the bottle maybe my last bottle was old. At least the newer resin was easier to apply by hand. Next time i might use it in conjunction with my machine polisher :D

the megs drying towels are good for about 5 drying sessions then it seems to forget how to soak water up :lol:

why not try dodo lime prime instead of the megs stage 1 cleaner as the megs only cleans and the lime prime also does a little bit of cutting as well

then your colly wax is fine and as suggested above wash dry, clay (what clay bar you using ??) then wash again and dry and then lime prime then your wax

then you will need your holiday :lol:

must say that, every dodo juice product i buy i love..

got through loads of drying towels, megs, poorboys, sonus etc and after a while the microfibre ones do leave marring in the laquer. Now use an I4D Uber plush drying towel :dorky: :dorky:

I must say I use all the megs stage products and I have been impressed with the results. Value against shine I think its up there. Jake before the dust got to the car the VRT had a quick treat with the megs Tech spray then a rub over with carnuba wax. As for car covers I can't say enough about http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/. Ok it is dear but as I was away at intervals of 8 weeks or more at a time I wanted a good cover. It is not universal so fits the Corrado well, you just have to remember to fold mirrors in. In the pics of blackberries2 the first picture shows both Corrados. The VRT had just had the cover taken off after 9 weeks away. You may notice the sponge ariel, that just to protect the cover. If you look at the original and the rain on it, that shows how well the cover did :clap: :clap:

Oz

Lifted from the Detailing World Group Buy thread

Here is another GB our Towel which is proving very popular at the moment..

Info on the product

This drying towel is an amazing tool and a essential in your detailing kit! Deluxe super soft drying towel that will leave your car streak free everytime!

Features

Microfibre edges that wont scratch

Streak Free absorbent Towel that drys totally everytime

A Whopping plush 24 x 36 (2ft x 3ft) soft towel

Ideal for drying wet surfaces and using waterless products

Lint free 100% no streaks

Microfibre product that will lift dirt and dust particles instantly

Will hold (absorb)10 times its weight

Deluxe soft fluffy towel and very easy to use

Autobrite Deluxe Fluffy Drying Towel are identical to leading brand towels.

Our towels will retail @ £10.95 + postage

The GB price is £7.95 each + £2.60 postage

or

Price for 2 is £15 (Postage will be £3.50)

Price for 3 is £22 (Postage will be £4.00)

UK and Northern Ireland only.. PM me for other countries..

Usual payments will be taken through Pay-Pal [email protected] or please call us on 01782 563319 where we can take your payment over the phone.

Thanks for the info guys I will see what products I can get my hands on come pay day :D

As for a cover as much as I would like the bets out there I cant realy justify buying it, if I'm only going to use it once a year, but if one comes up cheaply I will snap it up thats for shre :D

8)