Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

New series of TOP GEAR Sundays. Series Comments

Why would you yawn at Eric Bana getting interviewed? :cuckoo:

He's a complete legend and a total car nut, if you ain't seen it watch the beast then say yawn........... 8)

Saw it, and yes, yawn :sleeping: It didn't really grip me, just like his car and the tarmac. :lol:[/quote:3jz4kt84]

Surely a genuine petrolhead could have a connection to it? A story about someone who has such a passion about a car he has and how much its been with him through his life, I can guarantee there are rado owners out there identical to that :tongue:

Well my view is if its been on tv its fair game. I pay my tv license, the robbing gits. :lol: Movies are slightly different tho :norty:

I see.. I see ;)

I have tought about this and I dont think that Top Gear would have been as big as it is if there warent for ilegal downloading. It must be over 5miljon people watchin every sunday... In england! And then think about the people that download :salute:

WOW! It alot of people!

Watch out for the CF member in the audience!

My fingers are crossed I get the date I chose 8)

I was a bit disappointed with last nights episode, their road trip was quite boring as there was none of the usual tomfoolery. The BMW & Merc review was funny though, and that mountain pass, Caucescu's folly, looked like a great drive. A very long way to go for just one road however.

I thought it was brilliant, seriously one of the best episodes I've ever seen. Can't wait for next week! :D

when it started I thought great this is what Top Gear should be about - reviewing three amazing super cars - but it was short lived......scripted banter is just not funny - just get in the bloody cars and drive them like you stool them :brickwall:

the perverse thing is I will still watch it every week, but a lot of the times I find it annoying...... :sleeping:

Three great drop tops, but if I had to choose one, I think I'd go with the Ferrari.

It seemed to be the best all round package and slightly prettier than the other two, imo. But as Clarkson would say, that's like saying Angelina Joley is slightly prettier than Cameron Diaz :D

Maybe it was just the colour, but the wheels and bonnet vents I felt didn't suit the Aston and made it look slightly down market next to the other two.

I don't feel Aston are what they used to be. The Ferrari and Lambo give you finely crafted hand made engines. Aston give you 2 Mondeo V6s welded together, a Volvo Sat nav and cheap, mainstream switch gear. Up until a few years ago they could get away with that because of the brand and prestige, but not any more imo. People are more discerning and the Lambo and Ferrari seem much better value to me.

It's all getting a little too forced, the only really funny bit was the roadside loo that Clarkson sat on.

They do get to have a complete laugh making it by the looks of it but 'just stumbling' onto those tunnels in the people's palace and parking next to the dam overnight was too far to be believable.

Easy decision for me to skip Top Gear :| as Clint Eastwood's great films about Iwo Jimo were on Channel 4. Much more to get your teeth into and give food for thought. 8)

After looking aroundall three, I think i would of taken the Ferrari, just looked stunning compared to the others.

They edited LOADS out of the news section including a talking more about Barthurst and James' 'spiritual clitoris' the road trip seemed to dominate the episode a bit too much IMO.

The loo was fantastic, deffinately not scripted - Clarkson genuinly gave it to the girl in the audience to put together and fell on the floor.

As for the BMW and Merc, they are ENORMOUS!!

Think i preferred my other outing to the studio for the episode where Clarkson drove the white Evo in the game of Bulldog with the Army.

After looking aroundall three, I think i would of taken the Ferrari, just looked stunning compared to the others.

They edited LOADS out of the news section including a talking more about Barthurst and James' 'spiritual clitoris' the road trip seemed to dominate the episode a bit too much IMO.

The loo was fantastic, deffinately not scripted - Clarkson genuinly gave it to the girl in the audience to put together and fell on the floor.

As for the BMW and Merc, they are ENORMOUS!!

Think i preferred my other outing to the studio for the episode where Clarkson drove the white Evo in the game of Bulldog with the Army.

You've been twice.........what about your fellow Corrado collegues, next time you get some they should be donated to me :grin: :lol: . I tried for 3 years to get on there........... :shrug:

I really disliked that episode, mostly because of how laughable it was that they kept repeating (with a straight face) that he was being fired at with live ammunition. So what - a single live round goes through and pops his head like a balloon? What would they do then?!

I thought last nights was ok - as long as there are some good laugh out loud moments, I'm happy. James crashing across the seats in the back of the 760 (or was it the Merc?) was great and I always enjoy the road trips / banter. Eric Bana was a good guest too - he's a proper car enthusiast and seemed like a down to earth kind of guy. If they had more folks like him on, I would be happy with Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Must go watch that film, Love The Beast.

Lambo for me, Gallardo still is and will be for a long time the best looking super car especially now they have sorted the rear lights out IMO !!!

You've been twice.........what about your fellow Corrado collegues, next time you get some they should be donated to me :grin: :lol: . I tried for 3 years to get on there........... :shrug:

Indeedy! You have to re-register, they email the whole waiting list and tickets go ona first come first served basis.

I really disliked that episode, mostly because of how laughable it was that they kept repeating (with a straight face) that he was being fired at with live ammunition. So what - a single live round goes through and pops his head like a balloon? What would they do then?!

I thought last nights was ok - as long as there are some good laugh out loud moments, I'm happy. James crashing across the seats in the back of the 760 (or was it the Merc?) was great and I always enjoy the road trips / banter. Eric Bana was a good guest too - he's a proper car enthusiast and seemed like a down to earth kind of guy. If they had more folks like him on, I would be happy with Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Must go watch that film, Love The Beast.

Guess that episode was better from my point of view as on the day they filmed the interview with Jay Leno as well as usain Bolt and there was more going on than jsut 2 films, the news and an interview.

Had no idea who Eric Bana was before i went, but such a car enthusiast! talked in depth about his car and rebuilding it etc.. was an interesting iterview but you could tell alot of the ladies were getting bored of all the car talk!

I couldnt tell the diff between the BMW and the merc stylingwise but I think I'd have the AMG

Had a good look at a California at Maranello Concessionaires a couple of weeks ago, definitely better looking in the metal than in photos but still not pretty, looks good with the hardtop up but the rear end is just awful, they have tried to disguise the height of the tail and ended up with a real mess.

Road tests seem to give it mixed reviews but everyone seems to say that its outright performance is better than the figures suggest

I got bored and put a DVD on instead. It was dull, dull, dull. By the time Eric Bana had come on to plug his miserable movie I really had had enough.

Mind you the last series started off just as bad and got better as it went on. And it's not like there's anything else on TV on a Sunday night is there?

When Hammond emerged from his overnight in the back seat with a CD stuck on his face made us laugh as did the collapsable loo other that that a pretty ordinary episode - we are still on the waiting list though :wink:

What a bizarre space under the palace that was