robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

Ive seen alot of his stuff Sean . Very ocd , likes to do things methodically and right . He was saying to me that he likes being his own boss as he can do things his way , working in the body centres he worked in was not for him , the way they knock jobs out quick as possible and not much care used to rile him .

Rob

Looks sweet m8, might need this guys details off you at some point :-)

Thought i would update my thread even though its not much . I was going to put the finished car pics up from when it got sprayed [again!!] , but you cannot see the difference really , it looks the same but without the small scab that started to form on the bonnet lip . Im going to have to sorn the car at the end of august . My T4 is due to be taxed at the same time and i cannot afford both . One of the reasons for this is my tax bill was higher than i thought it would be , and when you add the advance payment in july ,they like to take from you upfront ,it put the kybosh on taxing the VR . So the plan is to start stripping some of the interior out . The front seats need painting as they are dirty and no matter what i use to clean them ,there is no difference .The car also has all the rattles and squeeks back , i can only think that the koni's are to blame , the ride is just to hard on todays potholed lumpy bumpy roads . I will be seeking advice on what to change over to. I have spoken to my friendly mechanic who deals with the stuff i cant do and we will set a date sometime to give the under side of the car a real seeing to while its on the ramp . The plan is to replace the wishbones , trackrod ends ,bushes and stuff . All these things have not been replaced and are long over due .I will be giving the underside a good going over with waxoil or a similar product at the same time . While im at it i may as well do the disc guards as they are in a poor state . A few gasket changes need to be sorted too , only small leaks , no oil on the drive but you can see it on the lower engine casing .I also intend to sort out anything that can be powdercoated on the underneath of the car .Hopefully i will do what i can on the drive and the rest on the ramp . SO MUCH FOR NOT SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY ON THE CAR LOL . With all this to do i have no idea when she will be taxed again . At least i will have something to do on the cold winter evenings that will soon be upon us , as i spend a fair amount of time on my own , ''er indoors'' works long shifts in the A n E department at Torquay hospitol.

Im looking forward to sorting all thse bits , i get ocd about everything on the car , just going over those yellow raised markers on the road ,that warn you of something ahead makes the whole car rattle , this drives me insane !. I will set out a plan on how to go about some of the work i intend to do ie , do i strip my parts off the car for powder coating ,or find one thats being broken locally and get everything i need and send it off to br painted ?. At least that way i wont have a car sat on axle stands for a long period of time , i can just drive it , get it on the ramp and replace the lot . Im going to miss driving the car but this ever growing list of jobs is long overdue and needs to be sorted .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

Looks like you have some impressive plans mate but a shame it's coming off the road.

You always welcome to have a squirt in mine if you need a VR fix, also give me a shout if you need a hand with anything.

Rog.

OCD and Corrado ownership aren't a great combo. It looks like more work than a £230 tax disc. I wish you good luck and hope there aren't any more nasty surprises

Shame about this Rob, will you still be going to the totally VAG show in the t4? Needs must I suppose mate, the tax man is a bitch, more cash in hand jobs in the future! Lol

Thanks for the kind words gents . I hope to be going to the show Sean minus the car though . Thanks Rog I may well need a VR fix ! . Bullfinch , yes it's more money than a tax disc , but as said its long overdue work that needs to be done . If the car can't be driven I will do the work , I don't like having it taxed and doing a lot of work to it as it's just a waste , when you can't drive it . Thanks again for your comments .

Rob

Just a thought mate, why don't you just tax it for 6 mths then surrender the tax when the summer is over for a refund.

Be a shame to miss out on some good weather and a few upcoming meets, SW dubs summer mega meet is coming up soon.

Rog.

Well the huge list of jobs has been started . The first job i am tackling is the leaking sump gasket . I removed the sump when i got home , so i have to remove the iol filter housing , then give all the bottom end a good clean and replace the parts . Then its on to the ball joints , trackrod ends , wishbones etc . I can already see the ball joint on the drivers side is totally shot . I will get all the pics up as i go .

Rob

Dan i would love to have it but i cannot afford it . Shame would be very nice to have .

Rog im sure i will be asking for help at some point , thanks mate .Kettle on !

Does this mean our little meet up Gareth suggested is off?

and just get it bought!

that's what credit cards are for and its a bloody good prica

on a more serious note if you need any help just ask :cool:

I'm going up to Gareth's to collect the parts I need for powder coating at some point , will let you know and we can all get together . I just hope Gareth has a large biscuit tin .

Well I am not actually a very good host, couldn't even muster up a cup of coffee for Dan as neither of us drink it. Sure I could get in a few biscuits though.

It was actually Rog who suggested the meet up to me so can't take credit for that Dan.

Also looks like the Schrick may have sold. Someone put in an offer just before the listing ended which I missed as I was out. Going to re list then accept if they put the offer back in. Not quite what I wanted but better to get it flogged before my 2 weeks in the states in September.

Edited by VR6 Gar

Lol Gareth !

I will put pics up as i progress . The bad weather has made working on the car a bit of a pain . But i have managed to remove the sump, clean all the bottom of the engine and gearbox .I was very happy when i looked in the sump and it was as clean as a whistle , no crap at all . The sump has been painted , a new gasket , then re fitted . I have made a start on the front end parts but the nuts n bolts are prooving very difficult to remove . Even the wheels were jammed on !. All my parts are on order atm and should be here soon . Im hoping to get up to Gareths soon [VR6gar] and get the rear beam . I will renew all the front first though and move on to the back when im done . As for the underseal ,its in great condition and i only had to touch up a tiny bit . Also the crossmember is in excellent condition and i cant see any point in doing anything with it . I will be replacing the break lines while im at it too.

Rob

Good going Rob. I'll be picking up a rear beam and some front axle parts tomorrow hopefully, ready to get on that case over the winter. Always one step ahead of me though aren't you! :lol: :thumbleft:

A little copper slip on the hub face Rob prevent's the wheel's sticking :thumbleft:.

Lol Sean , I try ! . I forgot to mention the petrol tank straps will be done too .

James I will be putting copper slip on before the wheels get refitted .