biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Drove it for the first time today... well 10 meters at least.. :? Its over fuelling so much that unburnt fuel is leaking from the connection points on the exhaust...!!! Anyway brakes are not quite blead to give it a proper drive, taken about 3 days to sort the brakes and its still not ready :cry: Anyway will keep peeps posted....

Ben - did you use those brackets when you mounted the rear axle to your sills at the front?

I looked on your picture but unfortunately the 4 post lift is right in the way blocking my view.....typical....

Ben - did you use those brackets when you mounted the rear axle to your sills at the front?

I looked on your picture but unfortunately the 4 post lift is right in the way blocking my view.....typical....

I just used the normal rallye brackets, everything at the rear is factory apart from the exhaust although fuel tank is about 2cm out, but this is not an issue. I'll try and find a pic...

quick update, got the upper and lower pods made this weekend, pics are shite as I took them with my phone but you get the idea... more to follow in the week hopefully...

Think they are about £50 each I had to get a new one, but whether they are still made I'm not sure... Does this mean you are still going 4WD?

course I am still going 4wd!!!

It just mean I am going to have to do some more fabricating thats all 8)

is yours drivable yet?

I should post some progress pics of mine soon.

Think they are about £50 each I had to get a new one, but whether they are still made I'm not sure... Does this mean you are still going 4WD?

course I am still going 4wd!!!

It just mean I am going to have to do some more fabricating thats all 8)

is yours drivable yet?

I should post some progress pics of mine soon.

Its almost drivable, only running on 2 cyl at the moment but I think I know what the problem is, however I'm doing the interior at the moment so engine will have to wait.

Let me know how your haldex 4wd conversion goes as I might be interested, make that very interested in following suit.

This evenings efforts, made this bit on the right from scratch, needs sanding down more. I'm getting there... slowly :D Again taken with my phone so not very good quality.

Can't wait to see this totally finished. Really really unique. I hope it turns out how you want it, as you have put a LOT of time into this project! :)

are you sure thats not your Dad's TVR?

TVR interior, TVR steering wheel, TVR wing mirrors oh and the bonnet is up......

(joke)

TVRs and Corrados have the same mirrors :-P :lol:

McLaren F1 also has the same mirrors :lol:

looking SICK man. I love it.

8)

Was just looking through my project pics and thought I'd post this pic. This is how it looked when I picked it up almost 3 years ago. A bit has changed since then...

Was just looking through my project pics and thought I'd post this pic. This is how it looked when I picked it up almost 3 years ago. A bit has changed since then...

for the better without a doubt! :lol:

What a beauty dude 8)

How much did it cost for the the engine and to get it installed??

Cheers :wink:

The engine cost me about £700 and I did the install myself, so it only cost me time....

Alwight mate, just reaf this whole thread, amazing project you have on the go :shock: :wink:

What was the origional spec of your car?year etc etc?

it looks similar to mine, something like this motivates me to maybe keep mine and start a project :D