biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

dont suppose you could tell me where you get the leather from as i might re-trim my seats soon

I haven't got it re-trimmed yet mate, thats standard TVR trim. It's a nice cream/sand color but it has red stitching which dosen't match my blue car! Still deciding what to do about re-trimming! Just another expense at the moment..... need to get the car on the road first..

dont suppose you could tell me where you get the leather from as i might re-trim my seats soon

I haven't got it re-trimmed yet mate, thats standard TVR trim. It's a nice cream/sand color but it has red stitching which dosen't match my blue car! Still deciding what to do about re-trimming! Just another expense at the moment..... need to get the car on the road first..

might be cheaper to re-spray the car to match the stitching :lol:

It started today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Losts of smoke and it sounded like a scooby on cocain but not bothered at this stage! Will get the brakes, clutch and gearbox oil sorted tomorrow, sort a few other things and it should be ready for its first drive by tues/wed!!!!!

so pleased! P.S Thanks to Paul Downing for helping me!!!! much respect 8)

gave it a wash down and took a couple of pics, will get the video footage of it starting on here soon!

Superb!

Can't wait to see the vids AND the finished item at a show...

glad to here you got it fire up ben,i know the feeling after all the work that you put in to geting the engine in and the wireing 8)

btw what is the porche brake set up off???

glad to here you got it fire up ben,i know the feeling after all the work that you put in to geting the engine in and the wireing 8)

btw what is the porche brake set up off???

Seat 305mm discs( which are a bit small we decided and I could go bigger...) The calipers are of a Boxster S, nightmare to fit though as I have had to sand away the pads by about 50%....

Congrats mate!!! can't wait to hear the beast! sorry missed your call, went paintballing with my mobile and it got shot - can receive messages but not phone calls??

Gumball in Ben's car!

Shotgun front!

firstly, I have some very small and bad quality clips of my car starting and sounding rough as hell but would anyone be able to host them (about 6x 500k)...?? let me know...

will post more pics tomorrow, knacked and off to bed now!

Just in case you don't get an immediate response mate, I can't access my web space in work hours to upload it, so i'll be doing them on an evening whenever you send them to me :)

Didn't think it would take you long to put pics of the wheels up!! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :)

Jay

I'll go one step further and post a pic of them on here as well, I just can't take my eyes of them.....!! I have problems...lol

Thanks J, are you regretting it now...?

that sound ruff ben what program did jabba give you to start it with??,i will email you mine if you want to see if it works,(what i'm running now)??

that sound ruff ben what program did jabba give you to start it with??,i will email you mine if you want to see if it works,(what i'm running now)??

what injectors are you running + turbo...? its only a starting map but i could try yours if thats ok?

Just finished this off last night, new position for the gear shifter and the handbrake.. (thanks to Paul D for helping in the design and implementation of this item btw..) now look at that neat wiring everyone.....lol

yeah look neat alright :shock: kinda like my car used to be when I was reinstalling the engine wiring loom . :lol:

Looking good mate. I hear you might have been out round the block in it last night?? :)

Jay

I was going to be but I started bleeding the brakes and I sprung 3 leaks, so decided against driving it around the block...

Will try tomorrow, fingers crossed... :roll: