biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

lol... :oops: ... Its all about 2005 my man... 8)

I'm serious - you did the 4WD thing way before anyone else on here and your interior is going to rock.

Just hurry up and get on with it :lol:

This car needs to be in the hall of fame thing going on in General - completed or not.

Thats good going, reckon my cars current evolution will be complete for 2006 :lol:

Was just looking through my project pics and thought I'd post this pic. This is how it looked when I picked it up almost 3 years ago. A bit has changed since then...

Alwight mate, just reaf this whole thread, amazing project you have on the go :shock: :wink:

What was the origional spec of your car?year etc etc?

it looks similar to mine, something like this motivates me to maybe keep mine and start a project :D

The original spec was a bog standard 1.8 16v on a 92 J plate. It had grey interior, paint was scratched, dents and some rust spots. So very average, but then I didn't pay too much for it back in 2002, the going rate was around £3k at the time for a crappy corrado and I found this one for a lot less.

Point is that I knew I was going to fully rebuild it so th state of it didn't matter too much. Everything has been either replaced or renewed on the car, from the brake pipes to electrics... everything has been touched. I think the wiring to the head lights and tailgate are the only remaining items on the whole car that hasn't been touch.

I warn you that there are alot off hidden costs involved in a project like this but its worth it in the end! (i hope... hehhe)

Hope this helps.

I'm hoping to do a full report on the car for the new website when I get some time!

I'm serious - you did the 4WD thing way before anyone else on here and your interior is going to rock.

Just hurry up and get on with it :lol:

hehehe, I know but I don't think I was the first to have 4wd in a corrado. VW did one about 10 years ago as a concept car, and a german tuning company called TEC did one about 6 years ago, however I didn't know about these when my decision was made back in 2002. The floorpan was installed that winter. Now they are breading like rabbits... lol. I don't mind though. The more 4wd corrado's the better...

And yes I'm trying to get the interior / car finished asap....!! :roll:

This car needs to be in the hall of fame thing going on in General - completed or not.

Thats good going, reckon my cars current evolution will be complete for 2006 :lol:

Lee, to be honest I don't think mine will be ever finished!! I have so many ideas I want to implement! The engine for example I'm always thinking about what other engines will fit instead of the 20vt, you could say I have problems.... :twisted:

This is going to be one of the best C's in '05 IMO... so, how is the interior coming on?

Thanks,

The interior is coming along, lots of time is needed to get a really good finish. starting to look good but lots more effort is needed and its starting to get cold outside.. :cry:

Was just looking through my project pics and thought I'd post this pic. This is how it looked when I picked it up almost 3 years ago. A bit has changed since then...

Alwight mate, just reaf this whole thread, amazing project you have on the go :shock: :wink:

What was the origional spec of your car?year etc etc?

it looks similar to mine, something like this motivates me to maybe keep mine and start a project :D

The original spec was a bog standard 1.8 16v on a 92 J plate. It had grey interior, paint was scratched, dents and some rust spots. So very average, but then I didn't pay too much for it back in 2002, the going rate was around £3k at the time for a crappy corrado and I found this one for a lot less.

Point is that I knew I was going to fully rebuild it so th state of it didn't matter too much. Everything has been either replaced or renewed on the car, from the brake pipes to electrics... everything has been touched. I think the wiring to the head lights and tailgate are the only remaining items on the whole car that hasn't been touch.

I warn you that there are alot off hidden costs involved in a project like this but its worth it in the end! (i hope... hehhe)

Hope this helps.

I'm hoping to do a full report on the car for the new website when I get some time!

Brilliant mate,

So have you done alot of the work yourself then mate?

are you a car engineer or summat? Fuckin brilliant mate..... looks soo good, and the Porsche wheels just take the pi$$!!!! :lol:

Brilliant mate,

So have you done alot of the work yourself then mate?

are you a car engineer or summat? ****** brilliant mate..... looks soo good, and the Porsche wheels just take the pi$$!!!! :lol:

I have done 99% of the work myself. The floor pan conversion was done by awesome gti store back in 2002 but that was only because I wasn't up to the job then. I have learnt so much since then and if I had my time again I would do the floor pan conversion myself.

I'm not a car engineer at all, I would say I'm quite pratical and I like to try eveything myself rather than paying someone else to do a job. I have learn't a great deal from doing this project. Everything from glass/carbon fibre work to mechanics... all easy enough once you get on with it.....

And I have Jay Renshaw to thank for the wheels.... thanks again Jay... 8) :lol:

I feel its time for a quick update. I've been hard at work in the cold getting more of the interior done. The dash is almost complete. Next to do is to fix the center armrest into postion, get pass seat in, more wiring and get my bloody engine running properly!

Looks awesome and so meant to be. Everything looks right and factory fitted.No OTT in your face mods, you should be very proud.Especially doing the 99% yourself....Love it!

Looks awesome and so meant to be. Everything looks right and factory fitted.No OTT in your face mods, you should be very proud.Especially doing the 99% yourself....Love it!

Thanks mate, very kind of you. I love doing it (most of the time :) ) and its nice to achieve as much as I have this weekend. I'm trying to make it as factory as possible in terms of the fitment and the finish.. I want it to be as good as I can get it.

Also its the nicest driving position ever, being tall I wanted to have a little head room, which the normal corrado layout doesn't allow (my head hits the roof!) and with this set up its like sitting on the floor! Legs are almost straight and you have the gear stick just in the right place! Can't wait to drive it!!!!

haha that is one crazy interior!!!

Center bit looks massive! Are your seat narrow or something?

You are right coxyboy, the center tunnel is a little big. The way I will get around that is to mount the passengers sit about 20mm further over and cut the tunnel down a bit, will be tight but it should work...

Good luck to you!

You got a completion date in mind then?

not as such, but I'm starting a new job in london in Jan and the car is going to stay in Norfolk so I won't have much time to spend on it so its all about this christmas break to get as much done as possible. I want to have it on the road by March I think!

Another pic I have...

I didnt realise you were yodas big brother?

ah clever you are, curvy it is lol :lol:

god I need to get out more

Another pic I have...

I didnt realise you were yodas big brother?

ah clever you are, curvy it is lol :lol:

god I need to get out more

hehheeh :D

What are the seats from? the Head rest on the drivers seat looks a little odd - kinda reminds me of a crash test dummy! Other than that it really looks like it's coming together.. how many hours would you say you'd put in so far and how many do you think untill it's complete (if it's possible for a project like this to ever be complete!)?

What are the seats from? the Head rest on the drivers seat looks a little odd - kinda reminds me of a crash test dummy! Other than that it really looks like it's coming together.. how many hours would you say you'd put in so far and how many do you think untill it's complete (if it's possible for a project like this to ever be complete!)?

The seats are from a TVR Cerbera, the same as the dash... to be honest they are the only thing that I'm not sure about.. might see if I can get the later spec TVR seats like the ones in my mates 4x4 20vt ex Dubsport Mk2 Golf, but they are quite expensive.

In terms of hours I was chatting to a mate about this last weekend. Its taken near 3 years to do and we worked out that I must have spent between 3000 and 4000 hours on the car in total !!!!! mad I know.!

thats fookin mental... and makes your car priceless. Top marks for effort this is one truely amazing project, I wish I had the time and the space to do something like this

might see if I can get the later spec TVR seats like the ones in my mates 4x4 20vt ex Dubsport Mk2 Golf, but they are quite expensive.

Those were a knightmare to trim. Look the dogs tho'