biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Very, very nice. I remember when you announced the start of this project. Clean and simple lines with the ONLY choice of wheel to have on a Corrado. :wink:

360 bhp and 4WD hehe! I bet a few cars get a shock when an old Corrado kicks sand in their faces! :mrgreen:

Very nice. :mrgreen: Thats really going to stick to the road, How long did the project take.

I rekon by the time I finish the project it would have taken near 3 years.

Thats one HELL of a car, fair play to you. :D is there much cutting or welding to the floorpan :?:

Oh yes! A rallye donor car was used for its floorpan, which was cut out then welded into my corrado. Time consuming..

:D lovely wich type of exhaust do you have undernead your car (scorpion exhuast ¿¿¿¿¿) it looks nice dude :lol:

Its a custom Powerflow exhaust... :)

How much can you lower your car before the rear camber becomes stupid?

I am going to have the same problem shortly when mine gets on the road.

How much can you lower your car before the rear camber becomes stupid?

I am going to have the same problem shortly when mine gets on the road.

In order to have nearly no camber at all on the rear this is wroughly what height is needed .... lol

I'm looking at modifying the wishbones soon so I can have the car low and not have any camber. Anyway check the pic out...

HAHA you have got to be jesting!

It would be like driving around in a corrado country!

I *heard* a rumour of eccentric bushes that can be used on teh wishbones to raise the inside and thus cancel out some of that camber.

My car wont be that low so I was hoping it wouldnt suffer but by the looks of it its gunna run into the same problems you are having.

Cheers Mate

HAHA you have got to be jesting!

It would be like driving around in a corrado country!

I *heard* a rumour of eccentric bushes that can be used on teh wishbones to raise the inside and thus cancel out some of that camber.

My car wont be that low so I was hoping it wouldnt suffer but by the looks of it its gunna run into the same problems you are having.

Cheers Mate

Eccentric bushes will do minimal to help remove the rear camber, the eccentric bushes however will help to remove the 'tow' on the rear wheels and I plan to get a set soon. The only way to get rid of the camber and have the corrado at a nice ride height is to modify the wishbones, i.e. cutting and re-welding. I will be doing this mod soon.

Ohhhhhhhh yes, now thats a C, and i like the fact that it sounds like hes done everything himself, especially when he says "when i learn to retrim" .. cool as **** mate 8)

Just a quick update, been working on the project quite a lot this week. Trying to get it ready for mapping. Engine has been out and back in since inters for a few more mods to take place and I'm hard at work getting the interior ready, thus why there is so much dust everywhere.... I've also raised the suspension since inters as well to get it into the garage! Meant to be on the road in 3 weeks... :roll:

Great work Ben, this is still my one of my top three favorite Corrados. Can't wait to see it in the flesh when its complete. It'll

be worth the 500 mile trip to see. :cheers:

man, that corrado is going to be worth quite a bit when it is completed. that car is fraking amazing from what i have seen. =] major props to you.

Is that a different steering column?

Car looks great now you've lifted her up a little... can't wait to see this project finished.... 8)

Is that a different steering column?

Nope, look at the gear shifter....

Cheers for everyones comments, hope to have it on the road soon..

Ben

Finally I have got the front brakes sorted, these have been a pain to fit! My advice is use the Seat Brembos not Porsche versions....! Will post some pics soon...