Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

Ya still driving it but not to its full potential. Just enjoying it whilst I can as it will be gone for about a month when it goes in for the new engine.

No pics yet, still haven't put them on been too busy, but I'm off work next weekend so will get it all done then.

An engine has been found, just waiting for it to arrive at DG, then we can hopefully get started with in the month :D

Sorry to hear this Jake. Same with my original when it went to DG, only two of mine though snag is its still returning 30ish on fuel and not burning any oil. I know it is fubar'd but it makes driving it so much better as you can't break something thats broke. I will be going for the 12v originality with the 263 cams and obd2 rewire when she does finally give up.

Thanks OZ.

It does suck knowing the engine is fubar but it still runs fine like yours 30ish mpg and no oil burning. Still goes preaty well too :D

Thanks OZ.

It does suck knowing the engine is fubar but it still runs fine like yours 30ish mpg and no oil burning. Still goes preaty well too :D

That's what amazes me. It goes like hell while managing to not burn oil and return good mpg. I think you should wait till it goes bang (or find a way to make it go bang) then change it over. Might aswell enjoy the howl dude, it's what it does best.

Alittle pic update today.

Gave her a good clean today and stuck on some new rear lights, looking so much better :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45061[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45064[/ATTACH]

Nice, Jake! Green bulbs?

I painted some green but it didn't work, going to have to get some tho.

Is it illegal if they ent orange?

Well after giving into temptation and curiosity I decided to put the VR on the rollers at Ajec rolling road day yesterday and was very pleased with the results.

Despite running low compression she still managed 192bhp :afro: and torque came out at 185lbft :cool:

Here is a video of it on the rollers

Every one there concluded that the VR6 was the second best sounding car there after a TVR. Cant complain at that :cool:

and this is with your mullered engine???? Obviously cant be too bad... Impressive stuff.

Ya I'm rather impressed with it too, cant wait for the new engine tho :D

Good result on the rolling road!

It seems that VW’s VR6 figures must have been conservative; quite a few standard VR6s are stilling producing close to (or exceed) 190bhp despite their age.

My insurance policy is limited to 190bhp but who knows, maybe mine has more than 190 horses too? :-)

Good figures there mate! Nice one. Red indicators are illegal. I used some green glass paint from Hobbycraft on the valver's all reds and it worked OK. Not great though. I pin-striped the current ones and it's much better + works well with the reverse lights- time consuming though. Reckon orange LEDs are your best option. Try the search as some people have done this.

Well the other day in a hungover blurr I put a cheeky bid on some wheels in the last seconds and to my surprise I won :cheers:

So I got a set of 16x8 TT rims for the grand total of £72 :cool: result

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330539752660&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Think I'm going to get them polished up before I put them on the Rado :cool:

Also fitted my tinted head light protectors to the rado, and sorted out the rear lights a bit better and they now flash orange :thumbleft: ( silly me they came with a set of Orange LED's :bonk:)

But I did find a bit of rust hiding in the boot :( Its right behind the rear corrado badge but on the inside of the car :scratch: So going to tackle it after pay day with some rust eating stuff that Ive been recommended.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45400[/ATTACH]

sorted out the rear lights a bit better and they now flash orange :thumbleft: ( silly me they came with a set of Orange LED's :bonk:)

Glad you got them working in the end!

Good RR result... like i've said to you before, if i were you i'd drive it till it gives up then do the swap, it pulls bloody well man.

Can u get a bigger pic of the rust showin the surrounding area? That's well random... you can sort it yourself though as it's out of sight so thats a good thing eh...

Thanks Abdul. Ya they are pretty good results. I would wait but the idea has been planted into my head now and when that happens its very hard to get it out :D

I will try and get a better pic of the rust. Basically it right where the rear corrado badge sits and is pretty much the same size. Going to get a wire brush in there followed by some rust eating stuff. Then get a tin of spray paint ( hopefully a good color match to the rest of the car) and cover it over.

Well the other day in a hungover blurr I put a cheeky bid on some wheels in the last seconds and to my surprise I won :cheers:

So I got a set of 16x8 TT rims for the grand total of £72 :cool: result

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330539752660&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Think I'm going to get them polished up before I put them on the Rado :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45400[/ATTACH]

Yep, those are the ones i'm looking for too, best balance imho between ride & looks. Good purchase, i'm sure you really dont want them though do you....;)