gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

Ok this is driving me nuts now, I'm looking at buying a set of lenso bsx for my vr, it's on coilovers and I'm torn between 16 or 17, the 16s are 7.5 et25 all round with 195/45 tyres, but the 17s are 7.5 front with 205/40 and the rears are 8.5 with 215/40. Will the 17s give a bit more clearance under the car, I don't mind winding the coilovers up if needed but I want it to 'look' right, I'm unsure of the et of the 17s as rimstyle don't state the et on there site, has anyone else got this setup with the 17s on coilovers? Pics would be great Thanks.

I think the general consensus of opinion would be 16s for 'go' and 17s for 'show'.

The standard Speedlines on the Corrado are 6.5 inches wide and are ET43 so fitment is a consideration. Even the 7.5 wide 16s will sit a further 31mm out due to the difference in width and offset and if the 8.5s are also ET25 you can add another 12.5mm to that which I would think could lead to clearance problems. If you could get the BSXs in a higher off-set, say ET 35, they would be a better bet.

Check out the off-set calculator at the link below .......... enter the widths manually and alter to off-set figures using the plus and minus buttons and you'll get the resulting difference in fitment.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Yeah the et on the 17s is unclear on the website it states that the 17s would fit but im a bit unsure like you sat at 8.5 wide if the et is 25 they'll sit way to far out. I dont really want to buy the 17s and hate them. Lol.

Fed up of the ride from my 17" 7J's and have been looking at some 15" 8J's with an ET of 30 - will these fit the unrolled arches of my 16v?

I'd think that's a bit on the wide side but should just about fit. It would be tight. I'd be more concerned about the inner clearance to the suspension though.

With 8 inch, ET30 wheels you will have 6mm less clearance at the back and the face will sit 32mm further out.

Standard wheels are 6.5 inches, ET43

Enter all the details of the existing and proposed wheels in the calculator at the link below for an immediate fitment guide. Just enter the widths and use the plus and minus keys to alter the ET for an answer.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

ok another one for you, 9 x 17 ET 28 but, they are 5x112 GRRR. Would they work, maybe get them re drilled? I guess with adapters they will stick out like a Bitc...

Without adapters you will have an extra 31mm for the difference in width plus and extra 15mm for the difference in ET. That's an extra 46mm that the face will sit out. With a 18mm adapter the face will sit 64mm further out. I'd say either is pretty unlikely.

Standard Porsche twist alloys with adapters to 5x100 I presume these will bolt straight on as I have seen a few pics on here with cars with them on ?? Thanks for any help

Well I've bought some 17 inch 7.5 front 8.5 rear et 35 front 32 rear will be putting in hub centric spacers on also I presume some slight rubbing might occur??

Hi,

Im looking to get some BBS RS 16x7j and 16x8j et 35 5x114.3 for my vr. Adapters will push them out another 20mm...will this be enough to clear my brake calipers for 312mm front and 256mm rear vented discs?

Thanks in advance!

could someone pls help with the correct / best tire size for my '90 1.8 16v

i know it used to run 195*50*15's on the original wheels but would i need a 195*45 to run on the BBS 16"'s i have on it now?

thanks

I'd suggest that you do go for 195.45s on your 16s The photo below shows a 195.45 on a 16x7 on the front of my VR and it's spot on. The rear wheels are 8s and I run 205.45s on them.

P5190009.jpg

Edited by leon263

I am going to be fitting some TT comps 17 x 7.5 et32 and have been looking through the forum but still unsure on best tyre size.

I know most people on here run the comps with spacers and 205/40/17 and with a few rubbing occurs. they will be on coilovers so whats peoples thoughts on a 195/40 profile? I saw someone on here had them but didnt go into detail.Would it eliminate rubbing or could it cause some issues?

Thanks in advance

So I recently installed my Bilstein B12 suspension, and now when I get rubbing on the rear when I have passengers in the back. I'm running 7J ET40 17" wheels, which isn't all the extreme, as far as I can make out. The extra "poke" compared to standard should be 3mm for the offset and 6.35mm for the rim width. I guess having the wheel in another 9.35mm might provide enough clearance, but it would still be very tight. It's catching at the rear edge of the arch, for what it's worth.

Does this all sound reasonable? i.e. it's weird that I'm getting rubbing, no?

Does anyone know if 7.5x17s et48 will fit a VR on coilovers or will I need spacers?

I should add that I plan on running 205/40s.

Fraser

Edited by KARMANN

Ok, I'm just trying to work out if I'll be sizing the spacers to clear the coilovers or the brakes

Fraser

Edited by KARMANN

I'd say go with 10mm spacers as a minimum, 15 to get a good stance l. Bear in mind standard are et43, so you'll be 5mm further in and have the addition of a further inch due to wheel width. Et35 is spot on for a 7.5" wheel which is what I have mate.

Exactly Sean trial fit first though before you buy the spacers because you have massive brakes !!