Jim Bowen

Still Slow, i give up....

Still having problems with this forum running slow, been sat here punching keyboard as it REALLY bothering me now, can't for the life of me find out what or why, The COMPLETE internet is fine for me, just this forum is causing me problems.

Tried it from a mates PC and i ran into the same problem.

When i visit here, i click the new posts, and go through the list opening all the ones i want to read in a new tab, then reading them all at the end once opened.

Edited by Jim Bowen
i was being an idiot

Having the Monday grumps mate? :lol:

I'm not sure if the forum is having issues at the moment or not, it seems fine for me. I'm sure it's just teething problems of the new forum. Right then, let's start a war on Corsasport :lol:

Mate - what ISP are you with (ie BT / Virgin etc?)

What Browser are you using? - If you're on Windows using Internet Exoplorer try downloading Chrome and trying that to rule out a browser cache issue.

If i'm using my netbook at home wireless, I find the forum very slow.... it's only this forum other stuff is fast... But it doesnt really concern me as i normally use my desktop :)

hi there mate i have been having problems too and this how i fixed it not sure if its any help to you. I am running internet explorer 64 bit and eveything has been really slow for ages and not had a clue why , well it seems that 64 bit on the internet is not too happy so to run things like videos on you tube You have to run an add on called shockwave flash object this has been running in the background whilst on the internet and causing my computer to run really slow . So what i do just go into tools at the top of the web page click on manage add ons and disable it , turn it back on for sites like you tube, job done super fast internet. you can also get to mangae add ons via internet options then click programs then click manage add ons . Dont know if this will help you in anyway but its what was making mine run really slow .

This forum runs slow for me as well, and has only done since the update. I am a member of other forums and they all run fine. Have tried it on internet explorer and firefox, at home and at work. At home I have 50meg Virgin media, so theres no lack of speed.

i have installed the google chrome now and going to see how that goes.

Tis strange as i used to use the forum quite a lot and never had a problem for the first few years

well that reply took a while to post, this is what angered me yesterday and before, i keep typing out replies then they won't post, at least the above actually posted in the end

this is crap, taken ages still

i get the message at the bottom "waiting for the corrado forum net"

i will ask the chap who runs the corsasport forum as that fine and always been spot on, just a shame its not about corrados :(

one thing I have noticed is that the page sizes are massive... 527.679688 kilobits - Are you not using mod_deflate or gzip to keep the file sizes down?

I also see 16 seperate .js script loading as part of the page source - If these scripts are accessing external sources - I.E google ads, facebook integration etc... then this will slow the page loads down and eventhough you see "waiting for the corrado forum net" it may well be a java script attempting to contact another hostname.

Try clearing out your temp internet files / flush your dns too ... (ipconfig /flushdns) and see if that helps - If you have AVG/ other AV installed turn off the stupid link scanner stuff.

i have this thing called trend micro security and it does some real time scan, where i think it checks things as you open or use them??? I'm not too clued up as it was installed by a chap we got in at work to do all the pc's.

thing is, its doesn't seem to be on any other forum i get the problems.

i have the same routine with the internet nowadays, i visit the same few forums, facebook, & ebay and i only suffer here. Which makes me think its something with this forum that is different to most? i don't know anymore.

i don't see that i should have to learn and work out all this techno-babble when everything else is fine

can't be my router as i use this laptop from different locations using different routers.

maybe - try to disable it for a few moments and see if it helps with the site. It could just be a feature, or a peice of .js it doenst like on this forum - easy to rule out, if it fixes it, you should be able to add 'exceptions' into a whitelist in micro security...

its probably something running in the background that interfering, do you have any toolbars loaded. or have you tried a different web browser?

i don't see that i should have to learn and work out all this techno-babble when everything else is fine

can't be my router as i use this laptop from different locations using different routers.

no one else is having a problem, must be your laptop, just get a new one :lol:

and corsas are the worst cars on the road (nearly)

i think a few people have said they notice it, obviously not as short tempered as me about it though :lol:

corsas are great in there own special way, you could build one that beats a corrado vr6 for half the price of a vr6, and the corsa will probably be more realible, just no where near as good looking

have you seen the prices of VR6's :lol:

and corsas are only great because of the special little people who drive them around thinking they are cool, i never get bored of laughing at them! especially the ones that spend thousands on them! My mate had the fastest NA corsa few years ago, brought it for 12k new, spend tens of thousands on it to, and still was **** :lol:

Try cycling the power on your router mate - something isn't right here as the forum is lightning fast for me!

I like that, a posh, technical way of saying 'turn it off and on again' :lol:

i have the same issue - especailly when changing pages, it will take more than a little while. Will try 'cycling the power on my router'!

Everything responds to a turn off and on again, even my TV and washing machine have needed to be 'reset' :lol:

and corsas are only great because of the special little people who drive them around thinking they are cool, i never get bored of laughing at them! especially the ones that spend thousands on them! My mate had the fastest NA corsa few years ago, brought it for 12k new, spend tens of thousands on it to, and still was **** :lol:

Although I wouldn't have put it quite as harshly as that, I do agree to some extent :). Not that Corsas are sheet, but I disagree that you can make a powerful one for peanuts. Sure, you can shove a Calibra turbo lump into a Corsa in the same way we can plonk an 1.8T into our VWs, but to get big power costs big money, regardless of brand.

I'd probably swerve the little round 90s corsas and go to the current VXR if I was to wake up one morning as a Corsa fan.

Oh and I wouldn't keep 'cycling the router' if it's a domestic ADSL one. BT will treat that as a line fault and slow the link down.

LuckyB's one? 2.1 16v? 0-60mph under 5secs?

Please try: http://direct.the-corrado.net/forum.php

I've just changed a setting which was actually stopping the above link from really doing anything (oops!) but it should work now.

You'll need to log in again, but you should ALWAYS see "direct." at the beginning on your URL whilst on the site.

Let me know if that works.

And VR6Pete, yes, GZip compression is on, only level 1 though.

However, I do have all WYSIWYG editors and Ajax enabled on the site. As well as the Google stuff. I guess it does all add up.