KIPVW

VW Festival Harewood, Lets see those pictures! :)

Another festival I will miss this year, everyone have a good time. Looking forward to some pics

There is a slim chance I won't be going in the VR as I'm still having the same problem I had at the National Day despite changing the crank sensor. From what I can gather when the car has been standing in warm weather for a few hours it refuses to start. After changing the crank sensor this afternoon it fired up no probs but after sitting in the sun it now refuses to start.

I will let you know if I have to give up my slot on the stand.

Not happy now.

Well its a good job it'll be cold in the morning when we set off.

Phone the AA when you get there and pre-book them to take you home!

Problem sorted

im there with the local club, Dubs Not Clubs :) see you all there hopefully!

There is a slim chance I won't be going in the VR as I'm still having the same problem I had at the National Day despite changing the crank sensor. From what I can gather when the car has been standing in warm weather for a few hours it refuses to start. After changing the crank sensor this afternoon it fired up no probs but after sitting in the sun it now refuses to start.

I will let you know if I have to give up my slot on the stand.

Not happy now.

Sounds like the problem i had with my 8v mate, i had an auto trician out and he re-soldered a few bits on the relay which runs the ECU and it has been faultless since.....

The relay is one above the fuse box but I cant remember which one (top right side as you look at it????)

Hope you sort it!

I'll be parked up with the Club GTi Manchester lot but I'll come over to see you all. See you there

Hi kev, sorry never got over to see you todayat tatton but if you make Harewood i'll defo come for a looksy, couldn't get a minute today!

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Meet times now added! See first post! :)

Thanks for the info Paul. We'll be coming in a different route so will have to pick up the convoy closer to the park, so what time will you be arriving at the show ?

Also, passes. Is that something that gets sent out as per Tatton park or do we mention our name on the gate ?

Hi guys,

My friend and I are thinking of coming down to this. We both got a Corrado but my paint is not stand quality. Can we just come along? If so where do we leave our cars?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete noob to this.

There are only a few who have good paint show and shine cars.

This is just a Club Stand - your car does not have to be that pretty, its more about a show of cars and meeting up with others in the Club.

Some do try to have cleanish cars for the day and others fail miserably !!! (That would often be me then !!)

Check out the pics from Elsecar and BVF to show that any car whether has different colour panels is welcome

I'll be sending out Special stickers for all club stand cars soon! Oh Yeah they are special lol! :)

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Hi guys,

My friend and I are thinking of coming down to this. We both got a Corrado but my paint is not stand quality. Can we just come along? If so where do we leave our cars?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete noob to this.

Hi Mate, well stand is full beyond capacity as it is so would struggle to get more on, plus you need to have advance tickets too for being on any club stand as per the organisation request so probably general car park i'm afraid.

We do have a stand here every year though for in future so why not join the club on the day or get on the Corrado Club GB website too :) http://www.corradoclub.org

Hi kev, sorry never got over to see you todayat tatton but if you make Harewood i'll defo come for a looksy, couldn't get a minute today!

No problem Kip I could see you were busy mate. I'll see you at Harewood instead

Thanks

So who's gonna be at the meets for a bit of convoy action then? :)

I'm pretty sure myself, Dave and Tom will meet up at Tibshelf a little earlier and convoy up to meet you at the right time.

I'll double check, but I'm sure we'll be there.

Great, i'll save the stickers until the meet rather than posting them out.

Everyone elses was posted this evening :) Very Special :lol:

Sounds like the problem i had with my 8v mate, i had an auto trician out and he re-soldered a few bits on the relay which runs the ECU and it has been faultless since.....

The relay is one above the fuse box but I cant remember which one (top right side as you look at it????)

Hope you sort it!

Kip, cheers for the help, took the relay out and fixed a dodgy solder joint so hopefully it's sorted now. Think I will buy a new relay just for peace of mind.

Anybody coming from Sheffield willing to collect something for me (a set of springs) and bring them to the show ? (the eBay seller won't post).

Your kindness shall be rewarded.

Thanks guys. Not sure if we're going to make it down to this one but maybe one later in the year.

KIP, I work next to Don Valley Stadium so can lend a hand if it's more convenient.

Otherwise I'll see you all there. I'm camping this year and weather is looking fairly promising :)

Sticker arrived, I feel non club stand members will feel they have missed out when they see this Ltd edition sticker.