ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Not sure its the right thing yet. Really fancy some RH ZW1's with a little bit of dish at the back, maybe 8.5" wide and stick with the 205 tyres for a little stretch look.

Also, got the bumper to repair and maybe if I can afford it a stainless steel exhaust.

Wrong thing :o

The ZW1's are nice, but as Ben says, they are heavy and once the 301's are gone, you'll struggle to get another set, but as you say, you have things to do and there's plenty money in them to do a lot

By heavy do you mean they will chew wheel bearings? how does the weight affect the car? AAAAAhhhh!! Decisions, decisions.....

Help me out guys!!!

i had a set of ZW1's ages ago and had them on for about a month, the car just tramlined everywhere and the steering felt a lot less assertive, took the off put the RC's back on and oh what a difference in a very good way.

keep the 301's you will regret it in the future.

Tough one that...

Your car looks stunning and either wheel will work. It's a classic, blonde or brunette. Could you trial run one side in RH and the other in RS?

The RS just look classic, RH look striking IMO

You will make the right decision eitherway

Thought I would post a quick reflection shot. Been machine polishing today in preparation for fitting the RS's back on (Friday I think).

IMG-20120311-00255.jpg

Going to spend Friday cleaning under arches, pics to follow.

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a good cleaner (APC?) it would be appreciated.

I use autobrite citrus wash on my arches and a stiff brush works a treat, will sort a linky out when I get to work ;)

Had the day off on Friday so I decided to clean under the arches and put the summer wheels back on.

IMG-20120316-00285.jpg

IMG-20120316-00286.jpg

IMG-20120316-00289.jpg

IMG-20120316-00290.jpg

Used som APC from screwfix and it worked a treat.

Gonna have to look at restoring the rear beam next as its a bit rusty.

Very clean looking car mate. Really like what you have done. Keep the pics coming :D

totally lovely car what did you pay for a car like this over 5k and more

Looks stunning, congratulations on what I'm sure is an excellent purchase!

That's like asking a lady her age! Lol

Want to see those RS's on!

I paid what I thought was a good price when you take into account condition, mileage, extras and a nice set of original RS301's

Rusty rear beam....shame on you

I know but its next on the list and if anyone has one going spare, let me know.

Ah right that me being silly then thought it was some sort of high degreasing stuff or something doh!

Wow amazing car even with the speedlines on! Great cleaning work in the arches, im putting on my list of things to do, bet you got some real satisfaction out of doing that!

Wow amazing car even with the speedlines on! Great cleaning work in the arches, im putting on my list of things to do, bet you got some real satisfaction out of doing that!

It is quite rewarding but it's time consuming and, depending when you last did them, VERY messy. I've always tied a carrier bag over the brake disc / caliper so that I could go pretty crazy with the degreaser and the pressure washer and not have to worry about soaking the brakes.

When you do it make sure you clean up right round the back of the petrol filler neck, and if possible take the rubber boot out completely. You simply would not believe how much muck comes out of there if you've never done it.

Nice work there buddy looking very clean whats apc since I am thick

Just what I was thinking... on both parts!! Good work Chris.... see you at Elsecar?

Just spotted this, about 1/4 way down the page... recognise the engine bay?

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=435462&st=0

Negative0-03-031.jpg

Cool, I thought it was the guy who I sold the cover too then realised its my car! doh! What was bill thinking fitting a de-badged grille!

When you do it make sure you clean up right round the back of the petrol filler neck, and if possible take the rubber boot out completely. You simply would not believe how much muck comes out of there if you've never done it.

Thanks Jim, I did read about that on here somewhere and I intend to take the rubber boot out and give it a good clean.

Just what I was thinking... on both parts!! Good work Chris.... see you at Elsecar?

Hi Chris, Yep - see you at Elsecar.... I put my name down for the CCGB stand.