ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Love the pic's matey :)

Will get jude to see what bits she has too!

Had the day off today to get the car cleaned ready for Stanford Hall - Ha!!

Anyway, thought I would take the battery off and clean the engine bay a bit. Cant believe how much dirt builds up here.

Before:

IMG-20120504-00509.jpg

IMG-20120504-00510.jpg

And After:

IMG-20120504-00513.jpg

Much improved but still some underseal stuff to get off, might have to remove the headlight. Whats best to remove the underseal?

Very nice, white spirit does the job nicely but you need to leave some sort of protection on the battery tray as it seems to be a water trap!

yeh white spirit or some acetone does the job, last time i did mine i just applied looooads of collinite 476s on it after i cleaned it all and it was fine.

I'm more concerned you're putting that ****e petrol in :shock:

Never thought about it, what should I put in it and does it make a difference?

He didn't buy fuel there! ......It was just a good opportunity to contrast the blackberry with the yellow signage. Obviously.

Only shell V power for mine, Jet petrol is one of the worst out there for carbon build up.

And it does make a difference to both response & engine feel.

rs`s are so scene.....

Ha Ha, until you get a silver one with RS's!!!

Only shell V power for mine, Jet petrol is one of the worst out there for carbon build up.

And it does make a difference to both response & engine feel.

Ooops, it normally gets ASDA's own, it got JET because I left work late.

Will have to start making a trip across town for Shell then I guess.

indeed you shall. :) a few extra pence but worth it in the long run if you are keeping it.

indeed you shall. :) a few extra pence but worth it in the long run if you are keeping it.

Its being kept, dont worry.

Quick picture from a local classic car meet tonight, massive turnout (nearly 400 cars!) for a Wednesday evening.

IMG-20120620-00613.jpg

The corrado got so much attention, I was asked by some bloke if he could have a sit in it and as I was about to leave, a couple of guys came over and said for them it was 'car of the night' said he'd never seen a car as clean!!! Really chuffed by the comments i got.

There is another one coming up soon on a Friday in July at the humber bridge if anyone local fancy's going.

Another question, I've had a private registration for years thats been on my daily, last december I put it on retention cos we changed the car. I am now debating whether or not to put it on the Corrado, The Corrado is on its original number plate and never had a transfer at all. Plus the 'N' plate dates the car which I quite like.

What to do?????

Never knew about this mate saying that im in maidstone anyway ! Car looks great as always mate you started using v power yet instead of asda **** haha

Ill maybe pop along to humber bridge if im at home that week , is it the vw air cooled lot or just a genral meet bud

Also while im typing i need some of your polishing skills lol if your willing to show us some steps

Lastly mate keep the origional plate i rekon it keeps the car together

Seems like a good night. Is that Jar Jar Binks sitting next to your car? :D

Ha Ha, I see the likeness... its my father-in laws Bond Bug! He has a thing for 3 wheelers and also has an Isetta Bubble car.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Never knew about this mate saying that im in maidstone anyway ! Car looks great as always mate you started using v power yet instead of asda **** haha

Ill maybe pop along to humber bridge if im at home that week , is it the vw air cooled lot or just a genral meet bud

Also while im typing i need some of your polishing skills lol if your willing to show us some steps

Lastly mate keep the origional plate i rekon it keeps the car together

Yep, only 'V' power now, only problem is the nearest shell garage is other end of Hull. Is BP ultima any good?

The humber bridge meet is organised by the 'East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club' There is a massive array of cars from Austin 7's, Ferraris, E-types, classic fords. Tonight there was a TVR trident! the only one in the UK...

No probs with the polishing, let me know when your free and I'll check what I'm up to. I have Friday afternoons off at the moment.

Chhers chris veen real busy lately but yea ill give you a txt when im free and sort out a time to show us how its done properly ill get all my gear and polisher together for it

Im free over weekend but its really up to you when you have time i know your busy with the swimming and stuff

Hi Matt, drop me a txt, cant be this weekend as its swimming 8am till 5pm (earliest) Saturday and Sunday!! Maybe free next Saturday though.