ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Well the Corrado went straight through the MOT today with no advisory's!!

It was long overdue a service so this was done and I also had the coolant flushed and a new expansion tank fitted!!!

IMG-20120629-00617.jpg

Quick update so the thread doesn't vanish!

Car is currently on standard wheels while I get my new wheels tomorrow!

Had my rear beam shot blasted a bit ago but following a leak at work it now needs doing again. Spent a few hours this week with a sander smoothing certain areas before getting it re-blasted again.

Photos when I can as my laptop won't connect to Internet!

Two days on from the "new wheels" comment and i see no pictures of wheels.............!!!!

Mine should be gong onto the speedlines this week for winterization as ive no interesting winters yet.

Two days on from the "new wheels" comment and i see no pictures of wheels.............!!!!

Mine should be gong onto the speedlines this week for winterization as ive no interesting winters yet.

My laptop refuses to connect to the Internet at home so pics a real problem, will post pics at work tomorrow.

Didn't think you use your over winter?

Right so here you go, new wheels:

IMG-20120916-00234_zps1d90424c.jpg

Started to clean up the rear beam prior to powder coating, I'm grinding any sharp objects that may cause a weekness to the coating and also want to smooth any of the pitting.

IMG-20120914-00113_zps423f5e2b.jpg

And just a photo from a recent classic car event, just cos I really like the picture.

IMG-20120902-00077_zps9e646529.jpg

To celebrate my laptop working again, I thought I would put some pictures up of my corrado wearing its new wheels

IMG-20120922-00270.jpg

IMG-20120922-00268.jpg

I'm a bit confused... are they not the same wheels as you had? saw it parked up the other day at your work, looks very clean, wish I could keep mine that clean!

I'm a bit confused... are they not the same wheels as you had? saw it parked up the other day at your work, looks very clean, wish I could keep mine that clean!

Hi Dave, yep they are identical to my old wheels but my other ones had started to go under the lacquer near the tyre valves. These are the perfect ones from Gareths car (OSV).

I spotted your car a mile off this morning, its got loads of road presence and looked pretty clean to me.

Good job on the rear beam Chris and liking the new rims , but I think I preferred the other ones :grin:

Cheers, the rear beam is taking some time as I only get some of my dinners to do it in. Going to get the ends of the roll bar capped as I dont think powder coating will get in there and its a corrosion point.

Beam is ready for blasting again and powder coating, took some time but it should look like new when done.

IMG-20121005-00295.jpg

IMG-20121005-00298.jpg

Last drive in the car before winter hibernation tomorrow I think.

i know you hear this so often but this is perfection in my eyes !!!! great job, i have just bought a blackberry vr6 to use as my Daily in march and your car is going to give lots of inspiration !!!! do you use this as a daily and take it off the road in winter ?

Wow, amazing Thread.

After many mk2 gti's i have finally bought my first Corrado. And its a VR6 in the only colour i wanted, Blackberry.

It's going to take a lot of work to get road worthy, but can`t wait to get stuck into it, and seeing your car only makes me more hungry to raised it from the dead.

Edited by Otto

Rear beam, brackets and brake sheilds have gone back for blasting before powder coating so thought I would crack on with the front end, quick half hour tonight and I'm left with this:

IMG-20121111-00387.jpg

Not looking forward to undoing the 4 bolts that hold the front bumper in place as I've read they can be very tight!

If anyone has any advise on this then its very welcome...

I'll keep the updates coming as quick as I can but working away a bit so havent been getting loads of time.

Looking good, havn't seen it for a while guess with winter here its tucked away! Yes they are most likely tight, could try give them a WD and then use a wrecker bar, the condition of your car I doubt they will cause too much problems *touch wood*. Just remember to leave the middle bolt alone, last thing you want is the engine dropping on you!!!

And I guess make sure you have some Irwins on standby, and get ready to go order some replacement ones from VW if they resist coming out!