ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Car looked fantastic today Chris. Honestly don't think I've ever seen paint in such excellent condition with literally NO swirling or anything to be seen.

Cheers Jim, makes the Saturday spent with the DA worth while, glad we got the bit of no rain so I could get it dried. Glad your keeping your corrado anyway!

Cheers for the comments, great to get the feedback.

Going to get even better, just bought a rear beam assembly so I can get the underneath as good as the rest.

This is exactly the kind of Corrado I want when I get another. Looking at your thread makes me want to sell my Audi S2 to get one. Let me know if you ever think of selling it, I'm just up the road in York :)

Congrats on buying a very fine car. I spent many an hour with Bill about 10 years ago showing our cars at various shows and Corrado meets. Bill is a true gent and really loved this car. Great to see it's gone to a good home.

Enjoy and I hope it gives you many many miles of happy motoring. The Corrado VR6 is a true classic.

IMO there are 2 wheels that suit the VR6 perfectly - both BBS - RS and RC in 17". RS' are my favourite.

This is exactly the kind of Corrado I want when I get another. Looking at your thread makes me want to sell my Audi S2 to get one. Let me know if you ever think of selling it, I'm just up the road in York :)

If I ever sell, I'll certainly give you a shout mate.

Congrats on buying a very fine car. I spent many an hour with Bill about 10 years ago showing our cars at various shows and Corrado meets. Bill is a true gent and really loved this car. Great to see it's gone to a good home.

Enjoy and I hope it gives you many many miles of happy motoring. The Corrado VR6 is a true classic.

IMO there are 2 wheels that suit the VR6 perfectly - both BBS - RS and RC in 17". RS' are my favourite.

Cheers Asim, it was your VR6 that got me started on RS's and your car was amazing. Do you know where it is now or what condition it is? Did you sell it with the RS's?

Hi Chris. I do miss my old VR. Looking at the old pics makes me want another!

I sold the car in standard spec to another Corrado nutter in London. He then sold it to a chap on here called Bornemouth James - last I heard it's with James. It was an exceptional car as it had every option available bar the auto 'box and those funny 5 spoke alternative wheels. It also produced freakish power despite as a bog std factory unit as Vince @ Stealth will tell you. I wasn't convinced the power figure was reliable, but when it was replicated at AmD I realised it really was an exceptional example.

I love your car. It's been absolutely superbly looked after. A particularly vivid memory is of driving back from GTI International in 2002 will Bill - these cars are so much fun!

Enjoy!

I have them photos plus a couple more floating in my screen saver pictures at work!!!

I must admit, your old car is in the only colour I would have instead of the Blackberry, shame it wasnt for sale when I was looking for one.

Did your RS's have standard dishes or polished and did you sell or keep them?

I'm also after a Supersprint exhaust which should complete the look of the car.

I had some body mods done to mine which you can just make out in the rear shot - roof aerial and wiper delete and hole welded up, toe eye in the rear bumper removed and hole filled. Smoothed off the look really well, but does detract from the originality.

I sold the RS's separately. I bought one of the first sets that came into the country when BBS cleared them out of their warehouse. I bought the wheels before I even had the Corrado! They were mint, original finish.

As I'm sure you are aware the original finish is notoriously difficult to keep blemish free. Once damaged the only solution is to have them polished. Keep yours well!

---------- Post added at 2:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:27 PM ----------

The Supersprint system is excellent, really produces a subtle deep tone and looks in the spirit of the OE tailpipe in terms of angle and shape, only filling the bumper cut out better.

The fit can be a bit hit and miss though, so entrust a good fitter with the task. IIRC I bought some special heavy duty chained exhaust hangers to secure it properly. The simple rubber versions were not up to the task.

Cheers Asim,

Never spotted yours didnt have the ariel, rear wiper or towing eye!! like the bumper mod but I like the rear wiper (strange arent I). One of my dishes has a mark on it but have 2 spares and I found someone that can re-cut the original finish.

Do you have those pictures in a bigger format plus anymore that shows the exhaust better if I pm you my email address please?

I hope you havent painted your VW grill badge black, change it back mate, looks much better on the before shot

Edited by Johnny H

No, got a black badge from EnthusiastOwned, been after one for a while to try it out.

Really like it, looks more subtle in the flesh.

Better pics please !

I've got three grills now and two badges to swap between, the corrado parts bins growing!!

Nice to be able to make such little easily reversable changes.

apparently i've never commented on this thread! beautiful car, and i hate blackberry!!

glad to see it still getting the same love bill gave it. defo one of the best in the country.

Lovely corrado Chris,

Yes I still own Asims old corrado, still runing perfectely, and still looking just as good, got a few more plans for it, got some 8.5x17" bbs lms to go on this year.

Lovely corrado Chris,

Yes I still own Asims old corrado, still runing perfectely, and still looking just as good, got a few more plans for it, got some 8.5x17" bbs lms to go on this year.

Nice one, can you get some pics up? would like to see it.

Incase you miss it in my thread mate, we have spare rear axle bushes too if you need em!

Nice one, can you get some pics up? would like to see it.

Got a members gallery of it, have a search, should come up, havent updated it for a while thou, will have to take some photos of it when i get the LMs on

Hi Chris. I do miss my old VR. Looking at the old pics makes me want another!

I sold the car in standard spec to another Corrado nutter in London. He then sold it to a chap on here called Bornemouth James - last I heard it's with James. It was an exceptional car as it had every option available bar the auto 'box and those funny 5 spoke alternative wheels. It also produced freakish power despite as a bog std factory unit as Vince @ Stealth will tell you. I wasn't convinced the power figure was reliable, but when it was replicated at AmD I realised it really was an exceptional example.

I love your car. It's been absolutely superbly looked after. A particularly vivid memory is of driving back from GTI International in 2002 will Bill - these cars are so much fun!

Enjoy!

bloody hell Asim where the devil have you been?? still got the mk1?? all the best Chris Langdon

Clearing out of one of our factory's today so couldn't miss an opportunity for a few pictures...

Picture458.jpg

Picture453.jpg

Picture461.jpg

Really struggle to get good pics of the car.