sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

The cylinder head on mine keeps reacting for no reason, it was sprayed with brake cleaner and then wire wheels and it just bubbles up every time! I'm hoping its hidden because I don't think I can do it again!

Really sucks doesent it lol one step forward three steps back

I used the same paint on the head as you so dont know why it would do that maybe use some thinners to degrease maybe ?

Maybe give it a wash and scrub over with apc then rinse with fresh water. I did my block with vht enamel and it went on fine.

I might have some aluminium high temp paint in the garage that I did my head and gearbox with if its any good to you Matt?

Iv done mine sean its phil thats having the problem with the paint , cheers chris iv got loads of vht stuff in the garage already though from doing all my bits ! Need a drive shaft puller or something though if you have that , either that or the incredible hulk !!

Cheers kev , finally got round to boxing my throttle body up for the guy who ports them so that should be here next weekend aswell im looking forward to seeing if that makes a difference and the gearbox is of to stealth on the 14th for vince to drop in the final drive :)

Few bits more on the car , dropped the gear box off at stealth last saturday so that will be ready to pick up on the rolling road day ( looking forward to rr day ) vince is putting in the 3.68 final drive and new bearings

The throttle body has been sent off to be ported 2mm and a larger butterfly fitted

Been rewrapping the looms in the engine bay as there well manky and i also decided to paint the chassis legs as tbh they had more rust than i thought and scraches !!

So all wax was removed and them i removed any rust and recovered it with an overpaintable sealer and then etched everything else before applying the yellow high build and then the dragon green and laquer

Pics are always best

[ATTACH]80927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80928[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80929[/ATTACH]

Other side

[ATTACH]80930[/ATTACH]

Proper manky this side it was

[ATTACH]80931[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80934[/ATTACH]

Still needs the green on as i ran out of paint so will do that friday

Also managed to fit the rear bumper and take the exhaust of ready for the techtonics system onces its been made up

Haha Chris, one summer having a play, then pulling it all back out again! :rolleyes: :lol:

Stop stalling Matt, get that lump back in and get it back on the road!

Haha chris is jealous of my sleek Sexy legs

Engine will be built this weekend sean iv been away so only on the car at weekends , but only have the looms to wrap and that chassis leg to paint up and then the engine can go back in

Looking good Matt, is that fizzy tins or from a gun? decent job either way! I think your gonna beat me back to the road ;)

Ta phil , fizzy cans haha never heard that one ! But yes they are mate and i dunno im not trying to beat you haha promise , although not rushing i really do want it back on the road

Haha Chris, one summer having a play, then pulling it all back out again! :rolleyes: :lol:

Stop stalling Matt, get that lump back in and get it back on the road!

Nah this time I'll just get cracking in winter. Need my moneys worth out of it now!

Yeah he has been sending provocative pics on my phone :)

Haha dont tell everyone for god sake

Cheers hairy ill be hopefully finishing off the bay on friday as it looks like iv got the day off wich is very helpfull

Ok so lots is happening and ill try to keep it up to date

Iv finished off the engine bay now , i sprayed both sides and iv now re wrapped all the engine bay looms and cleaned the full back of the bay

How about a before and after ?

[ATTACH]81077[/ATTACH]

Really really manky

[ATTACH]81078[/ATTACH]

Much better and really pleased

New expansion chamber and jodie did a cracking job of cleaning up the washer bottle :)

Also cleaned all the power steering and put the new battery back in

[ATTACH]81079[/ATTACH]

On the engine side of things iv owe a massive massive thanks to chris fuzz and chris vaghag for the weekend we built the engine and i couldnt have done it without them both so thanks so much

The engine was stripped

New mk4 head gasket

Fully rebuilt head

New ina lifters

Schrick 268's cams

Full new chains and tensioners with mk4 springy bolt and mk4 bananna rail thing

Some pics from a belting weekend and some that sums up the sense of humer haha

[ATTACH]81081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81082[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81083[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81086[/ATTACH]

Fuzzys vr6 timing chain bling

[ATTACH]81087[/ATTACH]

New in fashion

[ATTACH]81088[/ATTACH]

Lightend flywheel and a new sachs clutch went on aswell with a new release arm and bearing

Thanks again boys was a great weekend

Picked the gearbox up from stealth with the new final drive in and my mt90 oil has turned up

All mates up nice

[ATTACH]81080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81089[/ATTACH]

Attached the spals to the rad and had the rad pressure checked and all is good

Finally got the engine back in and on its mounts

Drive shafts are done up and manifold is back on

Power steering is connected up

Rocker is on just need to change the gasket for the right one

Gearbox is connected up

Lower manifold is on so all is good

Some new single point audi tt spark plugs are on order for weekend and my exhaust is ready to pic up so will post some picks of that at weekend

Rather large update i know but its finally getting there

Redborbet of the forum over and out

That photo will stay with me for life it always makes me giigle like a little girl

Sean they deffo carried me ! Couldnt have done it without them