daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

Picked mine up from the Royal Mail depot today (I missed the delivery last week). Not too sure when I'll get the time to attempt fitment - perhaps over Easter?

Extremely well packed, looks good and detailed instructions.

Hi Dave

I had been looking into doing a mk4 shifter mod but can't find anything about but found this thread instead....would this be a better mod? what has actually been done to reduce the throw within the system?

Cheers

Ryan

Hi Dave

I had been looking into doing a mk4 shifter mod but can't find anything about but found this thread instead....would this be a better mod? what has actually been done to reduce the throw within the system?

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan,

I've no knowledge of the Mk4 shifter mod so I can't comment. The pivot position has been shifted higher up.

Thanks

Dave

I have the exact same question ryanmac, I have the mk4 shifter but wondering if this would be just as good. Anyone with a mk4 golf/had a mk4 golf and the shifter mod in the corrado have any feedback of comparison?

don't claim to know much about shifter mechs, i'm geussing it would fit a 16v?

if so i'd be interested in one of these, are they still going to be available around july?

don't claim to know much about shifter mechs, i'm geussing it would fit a 16v?

if so i'd be interested in one of these, are they still going to be available around july?

Yes they fit the 16v and are available now.

Hi Dave,

I'm interested in one.

My current shifter is shortened by simply being cut off below the threaded section to reduce the throw, would you still want this in return for one of your kits as it modified?

What's the difference between Dave's shortshift version and the utterly shiyte 100 euro version i bought off eBay.de?

Worst mod i've ever done on my car and bloody pricy aswell, utter garbage.

I'll be posting you down a spare gearshifter soon mate, can i use PayPal?

Hi Dave,

Interested in one of these and the handbrake trim bracket.

PM me with payment details.

Cheers

Hi Dave,

I'm interested in one of the short shifters, can you PM me your paypal details.

Cheers

Kenny

What's the difference between Dave's shortshift version and the utterly shiyte 100 euro version i bought off eBay.de?

Worst mod i've ever done on my car and bloody pricy aswell, utter garbage.

I'll be posting you down a spare gearshifter soon mate, can i use PayPal?

Don't know what the difference is but I'll drop you a PM with my email address, send me some pics if you can and I'll have a look.

---------- Post added at 8:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:14 AM ----------

PM's sent to interested peeps.

Sounds like you have a problem with the mech. You have to push down against a spring to get reverse, is the spring present or broken? Could be a problem on the end of the stick.

Pull the gear surround up and examine the spring near the top of the stick also check that all bolts are tight and clips are present.

Turned out it was just the plastic tab on the bottom of the shifter had fallen off. I'll send you a PM soon to get one of these kits ordered.

Turned out it was just the plastic tab on the bottom of the shifter had fallen off. I'll send you a PM soon to get one of these kits ordered.

OK no probs.

hi will it fit a vr6 1995 and how do i pay

Yes it will fit all models. Will reply to PM shortly.

Fitted mine today,

WOW what a difference,after 165k mine was getting rather sloppy,Dave's kit has not only took the sloppiness out,it's given me a lot shorter throw !

If anybody is undecided on getting one of these,take it from me,well worth the money,and like anything Dave makes,exceptional quality !

My old one will be in the post tomorrow,

Thanks for a good piece of kit,

Bryan

hi i am getting a 1994 vw corrado 2.0 8 valve will it fit also let us know i have a short shifter too please

Bryan, very kind words, much appreciated.

job705, Yes it will fit your car but I'm afraid you'll have to get in the queue, doubt I will have any until end of next week.

Bryan, very kind words, much appreciated.

job705, Yes it will fit your car but I'm afraid you'll have to get in the queue, doubt I will have any until end of next week.

thats ok i wait a little bit let me know when thay are in ok thanks

Hi, could i please join the que for one of these also....would be great to get rid of some of the stock 'slop' in the gear-change, will drop you a pm shortly!

cheers, Alex

Edited by alex303