daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

Another reminder to those that have fitted their short shifter to please get in touch and let me know whether you are sending your old shifter back or keeping it. This is aimed at those who have purchased last year. Don't forget there is a £10 refund waiting for you, also you can send the shifter back using the cheapest postal service.

Thanks.

Hi Dave received this today cheers. Will send back mine as soon as I have fitted. Can you pm me return address.

Cheers

Edd

Guys just want to pick up on this, I fitted mine on Tuesday and have just taken the car out for a spin and I am really stoked. I driven Corrados for over 8 years and have always felt the longish throw on the gear lever was a weak point against other more modern sports cars. No more, just feels great now, nice and tight and crisp and just a pleasure. I'd say it would even be worth taking yours out and sending it to Dave to convert your own if he is having trouble sourcing the originals; even if it does mean being without the c for a few weeks. Only thing is make sure you have a Dremel, wasn't expecting that bit and it is a necessity I'd say to do a tidy job. Cheers Dave. Edd

Dave, what is the rough turnaround (obviously taking the farce that is Royal Mail into account) if I sent you mine?

I know your having trouble with returns, and as its not a daily driver I'm happy to show good will and send you mine before you start. Your welcome to send a completed shifter mech upon receipt of mine to cut down on time though mate. This won't be until next month btw, and think I'll have a Headlight Loom and some various bolts etc as well tbh.

Cheers,

Sean.

I would be interested to know this too dave as i could work it in with some other work i have got planned.

Thank's

James.

Sean/James, if you send me yours for modification turnaround is 1 week. I don't supply headlight looms.

Pete, yes you can drop it out from underneath but you need to remove the exhaust.

Dave you should have my old one turn up this week. Let me know if it doesn't arrive. Cheers. Edd

Dave you should have my old one turn up this week. Let me know if it doesn't arrive. Cheers. Edd

Ok will look out for it. Thanks

I've got 2 shifters that were spoken for but the buyers haven't replied to me for over a week now so I'm going to let them go to someone else.

First come first served please.

The 2 shifters have now been sold but a third person has dropped out so I have another one available now.

So tempted but cant guarantee when ill be able to send it back

That's ok, I've got used to them coming back months later.

Hi mate. Would like one of your kits. I have a mk1 golf with a raddo G60 engine and cable box conversion. The throw is big as the stick has an extension on it to get it to the correct height. Have you one in and who do I send PayPal too. Also what's the turn around time at present.

Hi mate. Would like one of your kits. I have a mk1 golf with a raddo G60 engine and cable box conversion. The throw is big as the stick has an extension on it to get it to the correct height. Have you one in and who do I send PayPal too. Also what's the turn around time at present.

Don't have any made up, waiting time is 2 to 3 weeks. If you want to pay now drop me a PM please.

Thanks

I like the sound of this mod, could i inquire if there's a difference in feel between Dave's modded version compared to that god awful ARZ piece of (130Euro) garbage??

Hopefully the gearstick won't 'bottom out' and hit the bottom metal plate under the gearstick.. Worst piece of crap i've ever bought so now i'm back with the original stick.

Chime in whoever has one fitted.