VR6Pete

Working Ash Tray Bulb...

As I cant seem to be able to get hold of an ashtray bulb from the dealers anymore, can anyone offer a working one?

cheers

Pete

I did some searching on here for an alternative one, but when it came looked totally different!!

I couldnt see how it was possible to solder a new bulb in as the bulb seemed resessed into the plastic holder device thing? :)

I picked one up from the dealers a few months back? In fact I picked up a few bulbs as I was doing all the centre console bulbs at the same time.

I have one bulb left but it's clear, so don't know if it's the same one - part no is 6K0919243. Think it is for the cig lighter illumination, but could also be used in the ashtray?

Is it just the green bulb your after or the unit that it goes in? I think I have a green bulb spare...

Can you take pics? Its the entire bit that the terminal plugs into ? black plastic thingy that the bulb is part of? I thought it was a clear bulb? :)

I did some searching on here for an alternative one, but when it came looked totally different!!

I couldnt see how it was possible to solder a new bulb in as the bulb seemed resessed into the plastic holder device thing? :)

there's always a way :)

the pins of the holder contacts have the bulb soldered directly to them IIRC, the old styleheater controls have a similar arrangement.

you can heat the pins gently with a soldering iron, push them out of the plastic, solder on a new bulb and then push them back in.

Bit of a fiddle, but it can be done, I'd probably fit a bright LED instead now, but the bulbs last years to be fair.

I have one (black plastic connector and bulb) from a breaker - looking at £5 delivered as it compromises selling the ashtray. It looks to me like it was a painted green bulb but most of that has flaked away. The black plastic holder slots into a white casing which slots into top of the the ashtray - let me know if you need both. The black plastic holder is p/n 357 919 243a, The bulb works

Hi thanks for that detailed description - I have the rest - its just literally the black plastic holder (with bulb) I have the white casing etc...

could you drop me a PM with your paypal details mate?

This is my last bulb to replace in the car! whooo

I will photograph what I have as well. It's at my mums house so I can't do it until probably Thursday.

Niceone mate. Got the bulb ok! I think I've lost part of my holder!! Should it have a cover over the front of the bulb? See pic :)

Arse :-) wonder where that has gone ! Best have a good look around my garage tomorrow

Anyone got a complete module??

Removed my bulb and holder now can't find it.

If not I'm gonna make something myself

My bulb's not working either. Didn't even know the ashtray was illuminated until I saw this thread...

VAGCAT lists the plastic holder unit including the green bulb (PN 357919243 LAMPENTRAE) at €3.90 each.

Classic Parts Germany, maybe?

Edited by Anton Sobriquet