BigTartanJudge

50/90mm front splitters - availability / stockists

Evening all,

Are either of these sizes of splitters still available brand-new from anywhere i.e. from stealer or any other stockist (preferably in the UK) ?

Cheers

Same as Greeny- 50mm obsolete, 90mm should still be available for around £120 +. A good option is to find one secondhand. The 90mm often have cracks in the corners, but if the cracks are only a couple of cm, you can cut the splitter down to 70mm or so. They then look perfect!

With the SpoonFed tuning 70mm urethane one coming in at $225 or £142.01 ($50 alone for shipping which quite frankly I think is unreasonable) plus customs charges potentially of +/- £29 = total of £171, it seems that surprisingly the cheapest option is to go for the stealer option. Am not prepared to pay £30 more for a pattern-part from the US.

With the SpoonFed tuning 70mm urethane one coming in at $225 or £142.01 ($50 alone for shipping which quite frankly I think is unreasonable) plus customs charges potentially of +/- £29 = total of £171, it seems that surprisingly the cheapest option is to go for the stealer option. Am not prepared to pay £30 more for a pattern-part from the US.

The 70mm are on sale at the moment,175usd

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5474616-SpoonFedTuning-70mm-Urethane-Front-Lips-Spoilers-175-plus-shipping

not that it makes it a lot cheaper then the one from the stealers !

I'd like a 70 because I lightly scrape my 90 on the way out of my road. But I'm tempted to just get a new one from the dealer.

Hey it just occurred to me... Would people be interested in a group buy from the dealer? I'm happy to call my local one and find out if we could get a discount on them for a large order.

Edit: I doubt it would work out any cheaper though by the time.delivery is added.

Edited by Portent

The 70mm are on sale at the moment,175usd

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5474616-SpoonFedTuning-70mm-Urethane-Front-Lips-Spoilers-175-plus-shipping

not that it makes it a lot cheaper then the one from the stealers !

Uh yeah, $225 - $50 shipping = $175, so total of $225 plus customs charges....as per my post.

And it's not cheaper than the dealers.....dealer is £137.79 GBP inc. VAT, SpoonFed is $225, which at Saturday's exchange rate is £142.01, excluding the customs charges, so nearly a fiver more expensive.

Portent, I would be interested in purchasing one as part of a group-buy, providing they could give us a decent discount.

Um, okaaaaay ?

LOL

I want a 70mm for mine, 90 looks out of proportion with the sills imo and is super prone to cracking.

All,

Just off phone to a dealer on the south coast who I had been told was offering these at a reduced price, turns out this was the wrong info......

However, I did learn that the 90mm spoiler has just been made obsolete on the 5th of April 2012, currently there are currently only two left in central VW's stock, so once these are gone, they are gone for good, sad-times.....price is £153.07 inc VAT or with 10 % parts-club discount taken-off the price drops to £137.76 inc VAT.

Be aware though, the dealer I spoke to had never heard of "parts-club discount" and would not honour the discounted price, even though I understood this was a dealer-wide scheme across the UK?

I've just spoken to TPS, to get a trade price on these and they came up at the same, £153.07! I can't justify that for a splitter, which at my height is going to crack within days anyway..

To put into perspective about whether we're being raped compared to other cars an Ibiza Cupra splitter is about £25. grrrr.

If I can get the part number I'll have a chat with my brother in law who works at VW and see what rate I can get it at.

I bought one at the beginning of last year £124 !!

It's still in my loft ! lol at that price I'm scared to put it on !

On another note,I have a spare with a very small crack in one corner, I could be persuaded to sell !

5284d6f4-ead6-66f8.jpg

Has anyone tried repairing a splitter using plastic body filler and spraying it? I bought some the other day to give it a try but really don't send to have any spare time to give it a whirl. It might be a better option than buying a new one and cracking it again.

I have tried it and it works pretty well along with a bit of satin black paint,however it only takes a small impact to crack the filler, but it can be re-done no probs.

I'm thinking maybe some fibreglass across the back to give it some additional strength for small impacts.

im after a replacement too 50mm or 90mm....

there must be something similar off another model that will fit?

if every one keeps an eye out for suggestions we must be able to come up with something?