Tempest

Stanford Hall 2012 now 1 July !

Just received this email from the organisers:

It is with deep regret that we are going to have to postpone this years Stanford Hall show. The grounds of the Hall are unusable due to their condition after another downpour on Thursday. Despite last ditched attempts to come up with a viable solution of different locations within the Stanford Hall Estate this decision has had to be made.

This decision has not been taken lightly, but with the welfare of the public and indeed extremely cherished vehicles to consider we feel it is the right decision.

We would like to thank you all for your continued support and understanding. We will be in touch with further details as soon as possible.

Can I ask though if you could pass the word round as I know word of mouth is the fastest method of relaying information.

As a club we apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Tempest

Edited by Tempest

Well that saves Kip from having to work in the garage till midnight. B&B cancelled.

Feck Feck Feck

Just spoken to Rob Loughrey on the phone who confirms the above's authenticity. They looked at alternative ways to present the show but none are suitable. I suppose when they have recovered from the shock and scramble to inform all, they may look at an alternative date later in the year.

Put the Scirocco (Mk2) back in the garage and get on with mending the fences.

Apparently the lower areas were flooded after rain on Thursday and are not fit for use.

Edited by RW1

I have it on good authority that a new date has been set.

Sunday 1st July.

No doubt a more official notification will be viewable in numerous places soon.

Looks like Stanford's out for me this year then as we're at Goodwood Festival of Speed that weekend :-(

I'm out too :( I'm being the driver for some friends completing the 3 Peaks Challenge that weekend. Ho hum.

Guess we need to sort out passes from those who sadly cant make the new date for anyone who can make it. :/

Bugger, I cant do the 1st July. Swimming Gala on that day.

Really wanted to go to this show aswell, been giving the corrado a big clean today ready for Sunday then saw the message.

Pub meet in Barnsley instead then Chris ;)

I'm hoping to get up to the post office meet. But only stopping to say hello and for a quick drink as its my nieces birthday.

Pub meet in Barnsley instead then Chris ;)

Might do, depends if I get roped into family stuff now.

If we can get a list of folks together who can make it I'm happy to post my pass directly to them.

Whats the chances of England making it all the way to the Euro 2012 Final?! :scratch:.....................Nahhhh!! I'll be going Stanford then.

Best way forward regarding passes:

Those that cannot make Stanford Hall on the new date (1 July), please PM or email me for my address, then return the pass to me.

I have started a new entry on the CCGB events calendar. Please can everyone wanting to put their Rado on he CCGB cub stand sign up on the CCGB events calendar. The old calendar entry (6 May date) has now been removed. Those that have passes and wish to attend on the new date (1 July), keep your pass. Those that cannot, please return the pass to me.

Tempest

Hopefully the national day would be a convenient time to do some pass redistribution too?

Just a bump reminder: Those that cannot make Stnford Hall new date but are coming to the CCGB National Day, bring your passes to hand in to me, and I will hopefully by then have a nice full again list for the new date, so i can redistribute those passes.

if you can make the new date and have a pass, keep it :) But then do regsiter your name on the Events List on the CCGB website, so I can keep track of where the passes are and who´s coming.

Tempest

Is there a reserve list for the new date? Might be interested in attending.

Edited by Portent

Is there a reserve list for the new date? Might be interested in attending.

If you fancy going stick your name on the list on the club website then a pass will be sent out to you or handed to you at the National Day if you are a definite :)

I fancy putting my car on the stand for stanford hall

Go to the events list and stick yourself down, and maybe pm Tempest to confirm.