Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Not a bad little run around mate! Must admit I do like these, its like going back to proper little hot hatches as they've all got a bit fat over the years.

Not a bad little run around mate! Must admit I do like these, its like going back to proper little hot hatches as they've all got a bit fat over the years.

It is mate, its Mk3 Golf size at a guess so no where near the size of a modern Golf.. Don't get me wrong id love a Golf GTI but they are expensive and i don't really need the extra room in the car.. The equipment level is no different and the lack of power is made up for by the reduced weight...

Very nice indeedy . We purchased the Golf TSI , as our daily (well the Mrs really) .i know what you mean by the mod cons lol .

Small update. The 8v made it way to a new home yesterday.. What a brilliant car it has been and i hope it continues for its new owner (who is on here)..

Im continuing to enjoy the Polo.. Its now run in and I've done quite a lot of miles in such a short period of time. The car will sit while I'm away with work so no real danger of any Millennium Falcon mileages.. Only addition to the car is a private reg, just had to be done..

12743933_10153930621237629_5577365626608396797_n_zpskavfkw4d.jpg

Small update. The 8v made it way to a new home yesterday.. What a brilliant car it has been and i hope it continues for its new owner (who is on here)..

Did the 330 mile trip yesterday without missing a beat, my first time driving an 8 valve and I was pleasantly surprised at how eager and flexible it is and averaged 38mpg. Thanks again Goldie for coming up to meet me and good to meet you. Here it is in transit

e10f03485456ec33831d120c1f4f3cc5.jpg

Cool... Is that a ferry ?

Like the reg plate goldie... Must get one for my white polo...

Thanks.. The plate was from the DVLA and they have loads of PO10 plates available..

Did the 330 mile trip yesterday without missing a beat, my first time driving an 8 valve and I was pleasantly surprised at how eager and flexible it is and averaged 38mpg. Thanks again Goldie for coming up to meet me and good to meet you. Here it is in transit

e10f03485456ec33831d120c1f4f3cc5.jpg

No problem, good to meet you.. It really is a great engine for daily use..

Have managed to spend a little bit of time on the VR sorting a couple of little jobs. The last few times id driven it i had found that when returning to idle the car would drop the revs and sometimes cut out so tried a replacement MAF today and bobs your uncle..

Also the rear wheel bearings were too loose so tightened them up. When i next get the chance it will be serviced and MOTd but probably wont move much sadly..

Am very pleased that car started on the first turn of the key. It hasn't seen daylight for almost 7 months..

Here are a couple of pictures to prove it still exists and one of the Polo which will be static for a month or so as i have a holiday coming up..

IMG_2893_zpswu4ovqpo.jpg

IMG_2901_zpsaxvluxsy.jpg

IMG_2900_zpsglursqsd.jpg

Shame that you are not going to get out in it much this year, still looking stunning :)

Apart from someone has nicked your centre caps ;)

Fresh MOT on the Corrado today, always a relief for us all..

Knew the horn wasn't operational on the Momo wheel so switched over to US Spec SLC steering wheel which i do like.. May get it freshened up as its a bit shiney..

IMG_3279_zpsmzhmugfx.jpg

Looking good mate.

How you finding the Polo? I'm on the look out for a run around and fancy something modern for a change.

Looking good mate.

How you finding the Polo? I'm on the look out for a run around and fancy something modern for a change.

Absolutely great.. Solid, all the toys, big car feel in a small package and with plenty of poke.. The corrado felt very old today after using it...

That driver's seat looks like it's never been sat in! Liking the steering wheel.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Yeah that's my only issue, am I going to want to drive the rado if I get something new... :lol:

Glad you're enjoying it.

The VR is looking great . My Mrs daily is the Golf 1.4 TSI . Nice to drive a modern car ......but I still love the VR more .

Yeah that's my only issue, am I going to want to drive the rado if I get something new... :lol:

Glad you're enjoying it.

There is such a difference between old and new cars.. I went from the 8v daily to the Polo so its a 20 year jump.. New cars don't have the same character perhaps but the Polo is a very good balance of refinement and enjoyment..

That driver's seat looks like it's never been sat in! Liking the steering wheel.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, it has been sat in, i don't use a cover but feel i probably will end up going that way at some point..

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Indeed mate... First round is on me next time i see you..

Looking good Michael 👍

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Great news!

Those seats do look amazing, you must wear silk trousers when driving, to keep them looking that good!!