Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Looks fantastic under there Michael, I wouldnt do anything else with that centre tunnel shield.

I was there when Mike polished the tunnel shield, took under 2 mins to get it like that..

Im hoping i can get the front tunnel shield to a good standard without removing it. Id prefer to avoid removing the cat.

I'm off in April mate. Not back until December so everyone will have tucked them away again long before that! Hoping to make an early season show or two before I go though.

I'm off in April mate. Not back until December so everyone will have tucked them away again long before that! Hoping to make an early season show or two before I go though.

Thats a long time mate, not ideal.. There are a few shows before you go which will be worth going to while you have the chance...

Wow that's so clean underneath! Mine was over-sprayed underneath from factory with a bit of the mystic blue but your stonechip has either been re-done at some point of you just can't see it because the Silver is less of a contrast? Whatever though, it looks great- well done, especially doing it all on axle stands, that's no small effort!

Agreed. Seen a couple that look absolutely immaculate underneath but mine is the same, lots of overspray or a light mist coat on top of the underseal.

The underseal is original. I think with these cars it's luck of the draw as to how much paint was actually out on. The silver does blend nicely into the stone chip colour though.

Room is minimal on the axle stands but is ok for the work I've done so far. In an ideal work we would all have some sort of a lift. It must make it so much easier.

So this arrived from Italy today..

photo-33_zpsd4bd981f.jpg

Intention is for it to get the mirror polishing treatment, hopefully it will come up well.

Very nice indeed, and as close as the original shape as they come I believe. :thumbleft:

Identical to the one that came off but stainless, fit was 100%. Cant fault supersprint for quality but certainly not the cheapest..

Been ages since I've updated this and progress has been slow.

I had hoped to achieve so much more with the car this winter but a realistic end of the winter jobs is near..

So, in total, this winter:

All exhaust heat shields removed, satin polished and refitted with plated clips.

Complete under car clean and inspection of underseal with a couple of local repairs completed.

Petrol tank straps recoated (again).

All exhaust hangers replaced (New or coated)with all new bolts.

All new clips for brake lines and fuel lines.

All new brake lines in OE finish (Front still to complete) with New Bias valve.

Complete refurbishment of rear beam (again), new bushes, brake lines, clips etc.

New rear discs, pads, ABS rings, bearings in progress.

New Supersprint exhaust mid sections in stainless (polished) to match re-polished back box.

New fuel filter, bracket and bracket mounting clips.

New handbrake cable guides.

Replated new bonnet catch and striker pins.

IMG_5457_zps7ijqgzs0.jpeg

photo%204_zpso0a1rzdy.jpg

photo%202%20copy_zpssnmhmnei.jpg

photo%203%20copy%202_zpsi6kvocfu.jpg

I think that pretty much means that everything on the back of the car has been done so the front is next. I have driveshafts and have started collecting new parts for hub/wishbone refurbishment but will leave all that until next winter.

I also still want the heater matrix done. In addition to that interior wise i have acquired one of these..

photo%201%20copy%202_zpsqv6wonjq.jpg

Intend to convert to black headlining but want genuine black visors not painted ones so am following others and will do my own home work into the best way ahead.

I also have another steering wheel. Its a Momo that was fitted to Carrera 4 lightweight versions of the 964, it has been retrimmed and i have had a custom centre 'Karmann' horn push made up for it..

photo%202%20copy%202_zpsch9ufnhq.jpg

Plans for the year show wise are uncertain, I have sadly had to withdraw from Ultimate Dubs but hope to make some things later in the year..

I owe a few thankyous to Easypops, ChrisL and Kip who have helped me a lot along the way...

Edited by Goldie

Unreal Michael. The steering wheel is tasty! Looks well at home there.

Edited by diarmaid16

No thanks necessary mate, it's a pleasure to work(considering how little I've done)on such a nice car :afro:

As always, amazing work. Aftermarket steering wheels always divide opinion - they certainly do for me as I've always loved the standard VR one. But as aftermarket wheels go that's certainly an interesting choice and one I've never seen before - I think it works so look forward to seeing it in person to make up my mind for sure :) The Karmann badge is a real nice touch though.

Thanks very much..

I totally agree Jim, i love the original wheel but wanted an option of a change. I love the pedigree of the wheel that the car originates from and i suppose it went from there. The wheel, boss, retaining ring and horn pad were all sourced separately which wasn't easy. It is a 32cm wheel so 2cm smaller than stock so it isn't tiny but noticeably smaller..

Here is another picture in Nothelle 'Mode'…

photo-20_zpsca5476e4.jpg

Great work as usual Michael, those bonnet pins look superb, are the plastics new?

Polishing the exhaust just shows your commitment to making the perfect corado.

I like the steering wheel, is good to go against your original one and the not hello mats are a nice touch.

Loving the new wheel - and those seats - Mmmmmm :cool:

What car is the interior light/sunroof switch from? I'd been thinking about going to a black head liner but hadn't even thought about the fact that the light/switch area is grey! lol

....just flicked through your whole thread! What a stunning car. I love Cs in silver, one of the best colours for the body shape I think :cool:

Very kind of you..

The interior light origin is debatable, Mk3 of some description or an equivalent Passat..

On the job list for the day, disc painting…

photo%203%20copy_zpsoriqm2sk.jpg

I must admit that having a shiny Corrado is one thing but i have enjoyed having a Corrado to use. '2 Litre Peter' has been the most enjoyable Corrado i have owned and without the worry of rain, dirt, parking, wheels, seat wear etc..

Here he is after over 3 months without a wash…

11001764_10153090121917629_3875323542341804282_n_zpsv6r9wbza.jpg

Thanks very much..

I totally agree Jim, i love the original wheel but wanted an option of a change. I love the pedigree of the wheel that the car originates from and i suppose it went from there. The wheel, boss, retaining ring and horn pad were all sourced separately which wasn't easy. It is a 32cm wheel so 2cm smaller than stock so it isn't tiny but noticeably smaller..

Here is another picture in Nothelle 'Mode'…

photo-20_zpsca5476e4.jpg

Sorry not read whole thread..

But that PIC of your interior is immaculate!

Leather seats look brand new and nice mats!

What mats are those?

What mat logo is that silver square thing?

Shame on you Michael! It's nice to use them though.

Wayne, mats and logo are Nothelle. A tuning company that did a lot with the Corrado back in the day.

Shame on you Michael! It's nice to use them though.

Wayne, mats and logo are Nothelle. A tuning company that did a lot with the Corrado back in the day.

Thanks Sean :)

Goldie - nice Karmann badge ;) ;) ;)