Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

If you never knew, you'd say that was chrome dipped. Nice.

Im looking forward to seeing it for real on Monday, certainly does like nice from that shot though..

2 tins you can't keep it like that past next summer! :lol:

2 tins, ill take that bet..If i lose the bet it goes in for polishing every year...

Kind words James, just want to do it justice and there is no point taking the underneath to bits and doing half a job.

Ill start fitting the brake lines next week while everything starts coming together. No great rush but id like the back end all sorted then ill do the heater matrix and dash wiring rewrap. After that ill move to the front end, wishbones, driveshafts etc.. Bumper and slam panel will be going for paint and then it will be going back together will brand new lights..

Exhaust back box collected today, wasn't just the picture making it look good. Excess weld splatter removed around the pipe to box joint and it does look like its been chromed, delighted..

Centre section is now away for ceramic treatment, i hope it looks nice and will last…

Had a good afternoon on the car yesterday, almost ready for a complete new set of brake lines to go on..

Seems Clumpy has felt the need to remove his comments from this thread - pathetic..

Anyway, progress has been slow.

Rear beam is now fully stripped. Really appreciate the help from Easypops (Martin) with getting the bushes out and a very nice Bacon Roll.. They bushes take some getting out when they aren't that old.

photo1_zps5d2f2c25.jpg

Exhaust, centre pipe just isn't fresh enough to justify the ceramic treatment so have ordered a new middle box (stainless) from Italy and am having a custom stainless pipe made. Both will be polished before fitting.

Heat shields, very easy to have them polished to a mirror finish but thats a little too bling for what I'm after. Plan B, have had them Satin polished and now they just need some handraulic work to finish them off, slow process but theres no rush. Fitted the little shilled on the tank tonight underneath zinc plated and coated tank straps.

photo3_zps6a3a5a19.jpg

photo4_zps0e418881.jpg

I think I'm winning overall, i have all the parts so there will be very little left on the underneath that isn't brand new.. Beam will be off for a refresh soon and then it should start to take shape...

Good work mate. Went through similar pain getting the rear axle bushes out when we did the rear beam on my old valver some years ago. Hacked out the remains of the rubber bushes, then sawed through the remaining collar just enough to not start cutting into the beam. Just a cut through that was enough for it to release it's strength in the beam and could then be reasonably easily removed.

Must suck to know all that work has been done on the underside, and the only person who'll get to appreciate it is the MOT tester though ;)

Mirrors are what you need now michael so everyone gets to enjoy your hard work.

Shields look spot on and you'll have a perfect supersprint with a stainless centre pipe. The one part that lets them down.

Same technique used Jim, took some drilling to dispose of the rubber..

I can't ever imagine using mirrors, it'll never be good enough for that.. There are a few of you who have cars of that standard (you know who you are)..

Exhaust should be here in a week or so. It had better look nice as i didnt really need it, pure vanity..

Looking great, Michael.

Pure vanity... I think many of us have been guilty of that at some point. I know I certainly didn't need those centre gauges... Hope you'll be posting pics of the exhaust when it arrives.

Looking great, Michael.

Pure vanity... I think many of us have been guilty of that at some point. I know I certainly didn't need those centre gauges... Hope you'll be posting pics of the exhaust when it arrives.

Gauges provide the driver with essential, live information about the engine….whatever, they look great..

Pictures will follow once its had the polishing treatment..

Top work Michael, good to know you've found the desired finish for the heat shields. Look forward to more updates!

Thanks gents, its just a 3D jigsaw puzzle. Am just trying to ensure that everything is up to standard..

Sean J - jealous, you shouldn't be, your car is great and all your own work.. Plans next, finish the underneath and then I'm going to do the heater matrix.. Yipppeee

Looking great Goldie . I'm at a similar stage to you ATM . I have so many parts in the shed for the underside . I removed my bushes , took a while but I got there in the end . Just waiting to send the beam off . Looking forward to seeing your car one day .

Good luck with the matrix :) It's really not so bad - just daunting, especially when all the dash is out with cables everywhere. Seriously, if I managed it, ANYONE can do it :)

Looking great Goldie . I'm at a similar stage to you ATM . I have so many parts in the shed for the underside . I removed my bushes , took a while but I got there in the end . Just waiting to send the beam off . Looking forward to seeing your car one day .

Thanks very much, I'm the same, I've got bits of car everywhere.. My beam needs to be refinished as well.. Car will hopefully be at some shows next year..

Good luck with the matrix :) It's really not so bad - just daunting, especially when all the dash is out with cables everywhere. Seriously, if I managed it, ANYONE can do it :)

Im sure i won't particularly enjoy the matrix, i would feel more comfortable knowing it was done rather than as a result of failure. Plenty more to do before i get to that stage though, i want the car back down on all 4s before i start on the dash..

Couple of shots from todays progress, 3 rear heat shields on with new and refurbed exhaust brackets. I have a local repair to do to the underseal near the fuel filter and then that will be secured back onto the car. Custom made section of exhaust is in progress so i think its coming together..

P1030734_zps03b7ddff.jpg

P1030735_zps2fc5cef7.jpg

And the rear tunnel shield, i haven't even touched this but feel its probably ready just to go straight on..

P1030739_zps8fc565de.jpg

Looks spanking Michael, hope I get to see this next year if you bring it out before I go.

When you away on your travels Sean? Will be out and about, ill be in Pompey from May for quite a while..

hello, mate how you get the heat shield soooo dam clean what did you use??

Chris.. Hello mate… They were professionally satin polished and then its a case of 2k grit, scotchbrite and some metal polish...