Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Looks good mate,really love the Nothelles.One of the reasons I moved on from Corrado ownership was I looked for more than a year for a proper set and couldn't find them anywhere.However seeing yours makes me look at maybe dipping my toe back into ownership!!!!

Looks good mate,really love the Nothelles.One of the reasons I moved on from Corrado ownership was I looked for more than a year for a proper set and couldn't find them anywhere.However seeing yours makes me look at maybe dipping my toe back into ownership!!!!

Does anyone ever really go away? :)

And Michael, truly stunning mate :notworthy:

As its a nice day….

RSs fitted allround and a few pictures..

P1020607_zps8cc336c5.jpg

And as they have had so much of my money i thought id have a picture on them..

P1020593_zps440b8a77.jpg

P1020603_zps788c1260.jpg

Wow. That is absolutely stunning.

They are hard to find but are out there.. Nows a good time to dip back in, a few gems popping up for sale..

Thank you for the positive feedback guys..

Attended an all types Classic show today in Penrith, great venue at a stately home and a very mixed bag of cars and other hardware including some wonderful tractors!!

Car of the show was a Mk2 Jag, it was beautiful. there was plenty of other cars of that standard. Chuffed with a best post 1980 prize while there. Really enjoying this type of show, the feedback people give is very nice, so much variety and a refreshing change from the wheel trodden path of a VW show..

Among the people who spoke to me was a guy who had owned a VR in 1995, although it was in States. He said it was the best car he had ever owned and the thing he remembered the most while he reminisced was "it looked like it was doing 100mph when standing still". He also commented how well the cars lines had aged and VW have missed a trick by not making a modern version of.. Sentiments of many on here no doubt..

Pic for the archives..

P1020677_zps75506acf.jpg

No mate..He was at another show in the North East..

A friend of his won the best sports car in Penrith with an MG he has owned for over 40 years,, commitment indeed..

A couple of recent pictures.. These were at Fitted show, Wetherby.. Good venue, some good cars but the older stuff (and we are in that bracket) is lost amongst the very heavily modified newer stuff..

P1020866_zpsab66e26a.jpg

P1020904_zps7b9dc0c6.jpg

P1020861_zpsc19c11ef.jpg

And this one, well, just because i love it.. Have spent a lot of time trying to get this corner set up correctly, I'm happy with it as it stands..

photo-20_zps86cb4739.jpg

I am risking it and using the ones that are far harder to clean.. Who thinks that means the RS??

Nope, Nothelles, far more difficult when in situ as you get so much more exposed arch work to deal with.. I had hoped the new steering wheel would be ready but it won't be until middle of next week...

So today marks the beginning of another winter maintenance session. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the car over the last few months and have attended 9 shows in all, 6 of which i have been fortunate to take home a prize. The weekend rounded it all off very nicely at E38 where i bumped into and spoke to quite a few members from here and owners of some great cars. So good to see so many outstanding cars and without the scene rubbish that so many speak of about the Edition 38 show. I would definitely go again..

Plans for the winter, some nice jobs and some awful ones.. Heater matrix change, new driveshafts, wishbone refurb, exhaust rejuvenation, all heat shields off for vapour blasting, complete front end refresh, new brake lines and a lot of tidying up should keep me busy for a while..

Couple from yesterday..

P1030307_zpsfbcd79c5.jpg

P1030417_zps5f52759a.jpg

Hope you've got a warm garage to work in, Michael - I wouldn't want to be rolling around under the car doing some of those jobs in a Scottish winter :)

Thanks very much on the comments..

Garage yes, heated no, character building, in alls seriousness its built into the house so isn't too bad.

Prize, yes i was runner up Corrado, chuffed to bits with that as the standard was high, the winners Corrado was great.

I like the detail behind the front wheels, The RSs just show a tiny bit to the trained eye..

Hey Michael, nice talking to you on Sunday and as discussed, car looks awesome in the flesh. Well done on the gong; I did try and find you guys later on but you obviously had headed off for the prize giving, richly deserved.

Maybe catch up with you next time...

M.

your Corrado looked awesome on Sunday, I really like it with the orange indicators and the black door handles. I'm really jelous of the starter motor though.

It was definately made to wear RS's too, they just suit the silver perfectly. look forward to seeing the updates with the new driveshafts and all the other bits you've got.

Congrats on the trophy too.

Hey Michael, nice talking to you on Sunday and as discussed, car looks awesome in the flesh. Well done on the gong; I did try and find you guys later on but you obviously had headed off for the prize giving, richly deserved.

Maybe catch up with you next time...

M.

Nice to meet you to Mark… We did get summonsed onto another field ready to line up for the stage bit hence the absence..

your Corrado looked awesome on Sunday, I really like it with the orange indicators and the black door handles. I'm really jelous of the starter motor though.

It was definately made to wear RS's too, they just suit the silver perfectly. look forward to seeing the updates with the new driveshafts and all the other bits you've got.

Congrats on the trophy too.

The handles look and operate so much better than the others and I'm pleasantly surprised by the ambers, enough so that there are some brand new ones waiting to go on..

The RS work so well, i am so pleased with them, is a sin in a way to use them as they do pick up little marks as with all wheels and once split and refurbed then they will lose there original status..

Well its definitely off the road..

Rear silencer off, it will be going to be professionally brush polished soon..

P1030450_zpsc31a3641.jpg

Rear heat shield off and look to be in good shape, hope the rest follow suit..

P1030452_zps2cc4ae7d.jpg

I split the exhaust after the cat but can i get it off with the rear beam in place, no. Any clues? There just isn't room to move it toward the back of the car without fouling on the beam to lift it clear of the cat..

The pile of bits for powder coating is starting to grow as well, bumpers coming off shortly and the irons will be joining the pile..

For the exhaust? The joint is lose, i just can't get the pipe to slide back enough for the beam..

Ill probably split it at the down pipe and then should be ok, it all needs to come off anyway...

When I fitted my standard exhaust, I disconnected the left rear flexible brake lines and dropped the beam off so that I could slide the exhaust on/off sideways from the car.

Id prefer not to drop the beam as it doesn't need to come off for any work..

Ill have a look at the down pipe tomorrow and see where that will leave me. Can i disconnect the lambda wiring in the engine bay so i don't have to try and remove it from the exhaust?

Once I've got that off all the heat shields will be coming off. Back box off for polishing on Friday..

If you're replacing brake lines, dropping the beam is easy.

There are plugs for the lambda below the brake servo which should make life easier.