Jim Bowen

Iphone 4S vs Iphone 4 & Galaxy S2

Hmm, just stumbled upon this while trolling some websites. Read it twice and could not really believe it, have a look:

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-benchmarking-which-one-is-better-117284/

.. but seriously thought my intention is NOT to start another world war over this. Just stumbled upon this article and decide to share... so just take it easy please. I was just under impression that quad-core CPU will make a mince meat out of iPhone dual-core CPU.

I suppose we will see "real" tests when SIII will get it's Jelly Beans Android upgrade - which surprisingly is already rolled out in Poland - but not just ready here in UK!

ps. This is mainly benchmark test of the CPU and nothing else.. so yeah take it easy!

Hmm, just stumbled upon this while trolling some websites. Read it twice and could not really believe it, have a look:

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-benchmarking-which-one-is-better-117284/

.. but seriously thought my intention is NOT to start another world war over this. Just stumbled upon this article and decide to share... so just take it easy please. I was just under impression that quad-core CPU will make a mince meat out of iPhone dual-core CPU.

I suppose we will see "real" tests when SIII will get it's Jelly Beans Android upgrade - which surprisingly is already rolled out in Poland - but not just ready here in UK!

ps. This is mainly benchmark test of the CPU and nothing else.. so yeah take it easy!

I only skimmed it but doesnt bother me,a bit more speed vs better hd screen,better camera etc etc makes it still not as good for me plus from what i glanced it seemed people were calling some of the performance figures fibs :lol: , i reakon a multiple core processor must be able to be set up better than a dual surely,maybe theyll unleash it more with upgrades

I don't suppose it's possible to bin IOS 6 and go back to 5 is it?

yacobwood is correct...

"Apparently there are a lot of folks who are unhappy with the latest iOS 6 upgrade offered by Apple. In fact, people are so disgusted with the lacking features such as YouTube and Google maps, it seems thousands are looking for any way they can to get back to the familiar iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod.

At this point Apple has kinda sealed up the downgrade ability by no longer signing the old firmware for iOS 5.x. Once Apple stops signing a firmware, it becomes impossible to install a particular firmware... Unless the device is jail broken."

This could help Kevin,

http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/24/use-google-maps-ios-6/

---------- Post added at 4:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:06 PM ----------

May as well get an iPhone 5 and a GS3, grease them up... and race em down a slide for all this proves about speed. What a terrible article!

I don't suppose it's possible to bin IOS 6 and go back to 5 is it?

Wish I never did mine aswell !

You can't turn off voice control with the six !

When the phones in my pocket,I keep ringing people !

Lost :lol: No actually I don't mind the 'Apple maps'. I used it on Friday for 2 hours and it was brilliant, despite not having the siri voice over. I could cook an egg on the phone afterwards though!

It's just the wrecked app store and a few other annoying bits about IOS 6 that's making me want to go back to 5. The battery life has taken a big clobbering too. Cheers Mr UseOnceDestroy for the info!

is it just me that loves IOS6? =/ yeah the map app is about as much use atm as a perferated condom, but thats soon to be fixed hopefully. Those clever guys at YouTube also brought out a free app that you can download. I just find using notifications, twitter, facebook etc much better. Might just be me......

Not had a chance to reply to a call with, 'feck off im busy' but im sure my brother will call me sooner or later :)

I saw a guy take a photo with an iphone and it came up "saving" on the screen and a little buffering symbol. Actually surprised me that an iphone did things like that, thought it would be instant.

ive just put an order in for a 5.

was looking forward to selling my 4s for decent money, however mrsbristolbaron has now decided she wants it. :censored:

ive just put an order in for a 5.

was looking forward to selling my 4s for decent money, however mrsbristolbaron has now decided she wants it. :censored:

silly boy... do some research!

Had my 3GS for quite a while now since it first came out and resisted upgrades until now, it's just too outdated, bits of dust have got behind the glass and the camera doesn't cut it with today's new models. but I will add it has been awesome and never let me down, and stood up to the nemerous times I have dropped it. I will keep it as my iPod and use on wifi.

So I was pretty set on going to go for a 5 but had a look and after reading all the reviews I'm not convinced. The phone screen may be gorgeous when it comes to clarity and colour but it looks out of proportion, it's too narrow for the new height of the screen, there's too many reports of people receiving scratched black models straight from the box, poor maps, some wifi issues and also appalling battery life. If the phone was say 4.3 inches I'd have probably gone for it but keeping the same width was not enough of an upgrade for me so galaxy s3 has been ordered and I'm swapping to android. See what the other side has to offer, I'm looking forward to getting a 64 gb sd card and having films etc to watch on that 4.8 inch screen :)

saw an ip5 in the flesh at the weekend, really don't know what to make of it, great screen and nice materials (as we'd expect) and the performance benchmark tests so far make it as fast as anything available and probably faster, but... it's proportions are odd, a bit like one of those unneccessarily long remote controls, I'm sure we'll get used to it, but on first impressions it's missing the 'golden ratio' or something, other bigger products just look in better proportions.

and as for all the iOS6 teething troubles, it does make you wonder if Jobs would have let this launch happen?

Edited by davidwort

the fives just arrived, spend all morning doing various backups on the 4s to make sure everything transfers over okay as i hadn't done my ios6 upgrade yet.

its all doing what its doing at the moment, should be ready by next week! :lol:

the fives just arrived, spend all morning doing various backups on the 4s to make sure everything transfers over okay as i hadn't done my ios6 upgrade yet.

its all doing what its doing at the moment, should be ready by next week! :lol:

S3 backup...open samsung kies and plug in ,select back up (choose all file types) ....few mintues later done and it can be restored at any time to a different model also with one extra click. Yours sucks :lol:

it does make you wonder if Jobs would have let this launch happen?

Absolutely not! He wouldn't have signed off the 5 as it currently stands either.

I reckon pull out aerials are going to make a come back, might retro fit one to my S3 anyway, even if its just for show i think i'll be a big hit out on the streets.

You jest but people will want 'retro' phones again when they get sick to death of the stupid little cliquey in-fighting about who has the gayest smart phone.....

You jest but people will want 'retro' phones again when they get sick to death of the stupid little cliquey in-fighting about who has the gayest smart phone.....

I think very little of this actually goes on in the real world. There will however always be Internet battles for supremacy a la G60 vs VR6. Manual vs SMG, City vs United etc. I'm hoping it's mostly just good-natured banter in discussions like this, once iPhone users start getting beating to death by S3 wielding looneys (or vice-versa) we will have something to worry about.