daves16v

Stainless Radiator Brackets - a cheaper alternative.

Some of you know about the Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Radiator Brackets I supply but after hearing about the standard brackets corroding, expanding and consequently splitting the plastic housings on the radiator I thought I’d offer a cheaper alternative to those who don’t want to spend the extra on Polished brackets.

If you’ve ever had to remove the radiator brackets for whatever reason you may have noticed that they can become stuck in the plastic housings, this is due to corrosion. Leave it too long and they will split your radiator plastic housing and you will have no choice but to buy a new radiator.

These replacement Stainless brackets will not corrode and will come with a standard dull finish, you can either leave them as they are or paint or polish them.

They're available for all models and are priced at £10 for a pair posted, this price includes Stainless screws too. Please state model when ordering.

I accept Paypal or bank transfer.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by daves16v

I'll take a set of these please mate as I have plans to remove the front end at some point soonish and might as well swap these over :)

I'll take a set of these please mate as I have plans to remove the front end at some point soonish and might as well swap these over :)

PM sent.

Is it possible to change the bottom part aswell dave ( the bit that sits under the slam panel with the rubber gasket) or is it a bit complex to make up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Is it possible to replace these without removing half the front end?

Yes, just to be absolutely clear these are the brackets at the top of the radiator, remove screw and pull out.

---------- Post added at 4:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:37 PM ----------

Is it possible to change the bottom part aswell dave ( the bit that sits under the slam panel with the rubber gasket) or is it a bit complex to make up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have done these before for my car but they are more complex to make, not something I will be supplying, not in the near future anyway.

I'll get you paid as soon as I get on a pc, on my phone at the moment. And yes I know which bits you mean :)

Soonish easypops?! :p Would that be this year soonish or next :p Did you find the other bits?

Dave - Can you put me down for a set please and PM me payment details? Thank you, J

Soonish easypops?! :p Would that be this year soonish or next :p Did you find the other bits?

Dave - Can you put me down for a set please and PM me payment details? Thank you, J

You know me Jamie lol..............soonish is eventually :lol: and yes mate, found the other bits :)

Must have missed these the first time around - are you still doing these, Dave? Would take a set if so. Recently replaced my rad and the old rad support brackets were in less than stellar condition - and of course they're obsolete by VW now :)

Dave, i'll have a set please. Think I've still got your bank details but if you could pm these again that would be great.

Recommend these, bought a set off Lewvw who never fitted them before selling his car - Really easy to fit and improve the appearance no end!!

Ian.

these still here bump from the grave i know, please pm if they are

Yes they are available, what car do you have?

diarmaid16, I'll have to check on the 16v brackets.

Jim, Mic and Hasan, will need to check my VR stocks.

Ok just quickly checked, I have 4 pairs for a VR and none for a valver but there's no problem in having more made up for any model.

Could those wanting these please drop me a PM, I can keep track of the orders easier that way.

Ta.

Yes they are available, what car do you have?

diarmaid16, I'll have to check on the 16v brackets.

Jim, Mic and Hasan, will need to check my VR stocks.

1994 2.0 16v

ta

geoff

Hello Dave,

I'll take 2 sets please mate,

to fit my (2.0 16v, 1994)

Many thanks.

Si :thumbleft:

Hello Dave,

I've just sent £20.00 payment through now via your PayPal account.

Plus sent you a PM regarding details.

Thanks again Dave.

Hello Dave,

sorry for late reply just been really busy.

I received the stainless radiator retaining clamps / bolts on Saturday just gone,

Thanks Dave thats great.