jamiehamy

Civil Partnership tmrw :) updated with car pics

Oh well, time is near! Partner Craig and I are getting hitched tmrw. Had been thinking about a fleet of Corrados for cars, but ended up we went for an old bus to take everyone to the registry office...

http://www.gvvt.org/stocklist/psv/fva854.html

Best bit will be the honeymoon tho, Departing Southampton for New York on the Queen Mary 2, staying 4 nights in New York over Christmas :)

If anyone sees the bus in Glasgow tomorrow, give a toot!

J

Edited by jamiehamy

Congratulations to you both!

Yes I'd worry too much about a Corrado breaking down, an old bus is probably more reliable :lol:

Enjoy NYC :-)

Fantastic :) Congratulations to you both. Shame a Corrado's not involved in there somewhere but I guess practicality has to come into it somewhere.

Hope you get a good day for it, the weather up here has been hopeless this week...

Congratulations and enjoy your trip..

Congrats Jamie. Hope you have a great day and I sincerely hope the weather is ok.

NYC for Christmas will be awesome. I went to NYC once (before 9/11), wish I could go again.

Mrs Meth has banned me from arriving to our big day in anything Corrado related :lol:

She say's she wants me to actually arrive. Which to be fair, is understandable!

All the best tomorow guys! :D

Enjoy NYC :-)

Hard not to really! Amazing place, especially at Christmas time. Central park, times square and the rockerfella centre (where the famous big christmas tree is) are a hive of activity.

Oh well, time is near! Partner Craig and I are getting hitched tmrw. Had been thinking about a fleet of Corrados for cars, but ended up we went for an old bus to take everyone to the registry office...

http://www.gvvt.org/stocklist/psv/fva854.html

Best bit will be the honeymoon tho, Departing Southampton for New York on the Queen Mary 2, staying 4 nights in New York over Christmas :)

If anyone sees the bus in Glasgow tomorrow, give a toot!

J

You are kidding me! I am Deputy Chief Engineer on the QM2, I will be back on board on the 4th Dec!

Look out for me. If you PM me I will give you my details.

Thanks for the kind messages everyone. :) Final icing on the cake was a friend who got in touch this afternoon and asked if we'd like to use his Aston Martin V8 Vantage to drive to the reception from the Registry Office!! Was completely out the blue and the only person I know with such a car, so just made my day. Couldn't believe it! Will get some pics up in due course.

Had a brilliant day, weather was lovely, bus was cracking and a great meal with those closest to us. We all went up to the registry office on the bus, and I drove back with Craig (I'm the wee one on the right...lol).

Aston is some car, but despite everything, I'd take the Corrado over a backroad all day - Aston was so fidgety as it's more setup for smooth A-roads, but the engine...sublime! Backend was twitching all over the place on the damp roads, I was on strict instructions not to turn off the traction control, no way I would, in a hedge quicktime if I did!

Edited by jamiehamy

Congratulations :salute:

Why do you have a naked woman hostage on the bus?? :scratch: