clumpy1

Clumpy1's R32 (For sale on Ebay)

Smoothed lights red tinted (except reversing lights) lacquered and polished.

3y7u7upe.jpgzeze7e7e.jpg

They look cracking James! Did you Diy them? Top job if you did mate, well impressed! :thumbleft:

They do look good, very impressed. A process for doing this would be good if you get a chance.

Cheer's Baz:thumbleft:

Yeah Sean Diy job with a little help

It's easy Mic to be honest make sure you mask them off completely (the back's) and between the lenses I got a pinstriping tape from the local paint supplies shop also the reversing light if you want then tack rag them before applying the red tint. The next phase I cheated a little as I got one of my mates to give them a couple of coats of Lacquer from the gun rather than rattle can's then 2000 wet and dry to get rid of any imperfection's followed by a polish with the buff I used 3M fast cut (green) followed by 3M ultra fina (blue) and there you go :thumbleft: Today was the first day I have had a chance to finish them they won't be going on for a while yet got other bit's to do first when I get a chance.

Which tint did you use James? Mine looked pants when I did them, came out a candy looking colour which I didnt like, so ended up just binning them. :rolleyes:

Cheers Rob they do look good on DBP C's

Sean it was the the E-tech stuff mate you shouldn't have binned them I would have bought them off you

The clips for the lamp holders were broken too mate. I found a note from the postie saying he had left them in the back garden. Went out and he'd obviously thrown them over the 7ft wall so they weren't great anyway. I'll probably get another set and have a go again if I can find a bargain set on ebay. For now though, it's time time make a definitive list of trim items I'm going to replace which isn't cheap!

They look crap James - you should have sold them to me when you had the chance :lol:

Only kidding mate they look the bollocks man :)

:lol: Cheer's Jamie it is an easy Diy job the Lacquering is the part where alot of people muck it up if you can get someone with a spray gun/compressor to do the lacquering it is the best way trying to do it with a rattle can does not get the level of finish we all want. I may do another set I enjoyed doing them.

Looks crackin mate, silky smooth!

Nice one Ron appreciate that coming from the Barry white of the Forum (I'm not saying you are fat/overweight)More to come Bud getting a little frustrated with the pace to be honest IT WILL BE READY FOR NEXT YEAR ( well that's what I believe anyway)

They look really good james, you can barely see the pin striping.

Not 100% with what you mean Chris the pinstriping was green tape that was exactly the right size to cover the black plastic trim inbetween the two lenses ie the fog/reverse light I think you mean something else but thank's anyway mate praise from you in any form is true praise thank's

Ah! Sorry, I thought you meant you had striped the lights horizontally with tape so you still have a little orange showing for the indicators to flash orange.

They do look really nice and glossy though.

Thank's Chris no need to apologise I know what you are saying though ;) . I'm not bumming myself up but they actually look better in the flesh than the pic's like so many thing's. Appreciate all the positive comment's guy's I have been getting a little frustrated with progress which may have come across in my thread's/post's I'm hoping I will have more time now thank's everyone.

Ok not an update but a couple of pics I got while at the local Tesco today really clean lovely motor would love one of thesetypuguhu.jpg

zy7ameda.jpg

nynazeby.jpg

zumebe5e.jpg

4a2e9ume.jpg

You really are showing your age James. :silent::lol:

Ya cheeky wee B**s nevermind my age it's all about the TR not me :joker2:;)

My dad restored a TR6 when I was young and sprayed it the same blues as that, they are a really nice looking car.

My brother in law has one of these he's been restoring. Its white and has had the full works of a body restoration to an eye watering total..