VR6Pete

Rolling Road & Show and Shine @ Stealth Racing 16th June

I was hoping for a prize for 'the most amount of flys and bugs on the bonnet' !! :D

'Most panel damage'?

'Fewest original parts'?

:lol:

Fingers crossed, looks like it'll be fun :)

Stone

Hope you guys get some good weather. Look forward to the pics and results :)

Well it was touch and go whether I would be attending, the car developed a worrying clunking noise a few weeks back when steering and when pulling off and stopping.

Finally found time this morning to get the car up, invest in some torque wrenches and go round checking all mounting bolts underneath for just about everything. The only problem I found was a loose lower strut bolt on the driver side. Took it out for a run and it seems I may have fixed the problem so I will be attending tomorrow.

Still unsure if I can make it or not, the baby valver is still giving me some bizzare knocking when pulling away and steering too! haha

Glad everyone is excited! Going be awesome.

I've just had someone drop out so that means one more space left if there's any last minute takers.

could probably squeeze 2 additional cars at a push :)

See you all tomorrow guys. Going be a corker. Even had a haircut and shave lol

Peter, I haven't paid the 5 quid deposit! Is my name deffo down?

Cheers

Ben

No deposits required, sorry should have updated first post.

It would only have been required if we were struggling to get the numbers but there has been an overwhelming response to this and the lads at stealth will have their work cut out tomorrow given the numbers who have registered. Full house + more!

Just £25 to pay on the day to the rolling road operator and show and shine £3 if you are not a VR6OC member.

Cash only for rolling road too :)

Time get my head down, early start in the morning !

Hope everyone had a great day! Currently sorting out videos and photos! Well done to everyone who won prizes and trophies and may thanks for supporting the club.

Was a great turnout and weather was good!

Had a great time on my own - see photo.

Nah had a good time, company was good, weather was kind and I came away with something.............

Thanks to Pete for organising.

Edited by daves16v

Agreed, a good day and some nice cars there. Good company too. Also, the first time I've won anything at an event ever!

Pete, well done. There's a lot of work that goes into organising these events and you did really well. See you all again soon. PS. Have already fitted the VR6OC tax disc holder and sticker to the Golf.

Edited by chazrad

Was a fantastic day, really enjoyed organizing it, been many years since ive organized events for the VR6OC :)

Some photos up!

http://vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?506986.last

http://vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?506960

Our event photographer is processing his photos and will upload when they are done, along with the videos :)

highlight of the day was the 507BHP R32T that spat 3 foot flames out the rear!

awesome day, and great to meet some of you!

Pete

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Here are the results from yesterdays show and shine and Rolling Road day!

I will collate the power figures etc... from the forms everyone completed yesterday, and photo's from the awards presentations....

Rolling Road

Highest N/A Car - Steven Chaston (Chazvr)

Highest F/I Car - Gareth Jones

Slowest of the Day - (hassan_m)

Show and Shine

Car of the Day - Gareth Jones

Best Wheels - Charlie Smith (chazrad)

Best Engine Bay - Dave Bestwick (besters)

Best Interior - Stuart Simpson (Stoo the worm)

I have the sheets everyone filled in but have had some family time since I didn't get home till 6pm on Father's Day :)

Vince is sending me the files from the day so will have all data, temp, transmission loss etc.. Too along with graphs which I will upload.

In the mean time here's one from a few years ago I did http://vr6oc.com/results.html

Was a good day, thanks for organising! Dave's engine bay really is a thing of beauty :thumbleft:

Little disappointed by my numbers - 182.4bhp, 23% transmission loss - but I only got one power run as they fluffed the change to neutral at the end and it measured it all wrong...

Good baseline before I do my head work and go for remap though. Nice to see another auto there as well, I think I convinced Ben at least...or maybe it was the roundabout drift that did it :lol:

Had a great day out so thanks again.

Stone

Was a good day, thanks for organising! Dave's engine bay really is a thing of beauty :thumbleft:Stone

Thanks, was great to take best engine bay after the effort I've ploughed into it.

Was a good day, thanks for organising! Dave's engine bay really is a thing of beauty :thumbleft:

Little disappointed by my numbers - 182.4bhp, 23% transmission loss - but I only got one power run as they fluffed the change to neutral at the end and it measured it all wrong...

Good baseline before I do my head work and go for remap though. Nice to see another auto there as well, I think I convinced Ben at least...or maybe it was the roundabout drift that did it :lol:

Had a great day out so thanks again.

Stone

That sounds pretty poor if it was their fault that your 2nd test was c0cked up, yet you didn't get a 3rd.

Yeah was a great day, really enjoyed myself :)

Hahaha stone!!! That was a pretty 'one off' experience!! Drifting in an auto!!

So when's the next one? My cars fixed now :)

Ben