Andi

Planned Downtime: Thursday 1st August 8pm 'til late

Hi all,

Just to let you know there will be some downtime on Thursday whilst Toby and myself upgrade the vBulletin software and do some essential maintenance.

Today we migrated to a new server (apologies for the 15 mins downtime earlier, I pushed the DNS transfer button too early!) and hopefully the site should feel a little snappier now.

Significant changes are happening on Thursday (hopefully fixing some long term bugs too) and perhaps something new for you all... We'll see ;)

Any questions - pop them below.

Thanks, all.

Good stuff Andi.. Thanks for the heads up!

And can confirm one thing - it's certainly a fair bit quicker!!

Cheers Andi. Will the Arse timeout be fixed? not that i mind looking at that so much :lol:

Can I suggest that image is rotated round 180 degrees for the all new forum error screen...............:|

Can I suggest that image is rotated round 180 degrees for the all new forum error screen...............:|

Afraid to say we're talking about removing that - not exactly 'work friendly' is it :(

Afraid to say we're talking about removing that - not exactly 'work friendly' is it :(

Yeah had crossed my mind to be honest. NUmerous times ive got the error whilst at work.

Should I make an Excel spreadsheet pop up instead?

Probably more suitable for work, then... ;)

Yes, hopefully all the above errors will be fixed.

Last night's downtime was unplanned sadly, but the new server developed a fault and had to be rebuilt.

​I still plan to do the software upgrades tonight and try and quash some bugs!

Should I make an Excel spreadsheet pop up instead?

Ooooh yes please :geek:

I got a really weird response when i tried to log in at home last night and this morning. A totally different website something to do with the management of corrado.net, servers or something..... i can't remember the name of it, but if it happens again, i'll take a screen-grab and post it up from work tomorrow.

I got a really weird response when i tried to log in at home last night and this morning. A totally different website something to do with the management of corrado.net, servers or something..... i can't remember the name of it, but if it happens again, i'll take a screen-grab and post it up from work tomorrow.

i think it was the hosting site page endeegee - as the site was down from some point in the afternoon ;)

i think it was the hosting site page endeegee - as the site was down from some point in the afternoon ;)
That sounds like what it would have been. Thanks!!

cool....not just me then !! :scratch:

No i was getting that too, but i left it a few mins and it then let me on the forum. Same happened last night but couldnt get on at all.

When you can't get to the site, you should always check Twitter ;)

There was some unscheduled downtime last night due to a problem with the server.

​Tonight's will still go ahead, but probably after 8pm..

https://twitter.com/corradoforum

Yeah yeah.. ;) Go buy a Corrado!

Liking the new look! My only request - any way of putting back the 'show posts since last visit' that used to happen when you clicked the forum banner? The 'Whats New' button does something kind of similar...

That's the new 'Activity stream' which does the same thing - except instead of just posts/threads, it'll also tell you about new wiki posts (when enabled) and albums that have been posted in your absence.

I know the avatars are going over the post info at the moment - I'll look at fixing that.

Never stopped owning one.. still have the V5.. Not sure where the car is though (long long story)

;)