macvwnut

Elsecar mega meet + uk rallye golf show 2014

Had a look around the cars in the the car parks, but didn't pay to go into the show. Bit burned out with VW shows these days, and that side of it just doesn't really interest me any more - but good to see the show so busy and steadily getting larger each year. Thumping music and bagged cars on Bentley wheels just isn't for me any more.

Some interesting stuff in the car parks though - there was a very cool white Corrado on white Compomotives, totally stripped out and running what appeared to be a sequential gearbox? Couldn't determine what engine it was, but looked pretty damn cool! Also a very nice old late 70's Alpina BMW parked in that same field!

Did anyone happen to see the BMW that showed up about lunch time and parked in the field? Black BMW and absolutely covered in a million shiny stick on accessories from Halfords, and a gigantic spoiler on the back. Turned heads as it went into the car park, but not for the reasons the owner hoped for..

Congrats to the Corrado folks who took away trophies (think Goldie and Butterfly?) and a really enjoyable curry the night before with so many club / forum folks. Really good to catch up :)

As usual had an exceelent time thanka to friendly hosts Paul and Jude entertaining tue troops Sunday afternoon ans eve. The actual meet, well quite a few turned up in our other cars (me in the 928), parked in general car park so could make a relatively early exit once I had seen the metal. Didnt even bother going into the main events hall because that costs cash which imho isnt worth it any more ahem bar Judea car but I saw that eve prior the leet for free. Trend is very mych towards sff you see at UD in Telford. Airride, vertical stickers along windscree, new aloys

preferably from cars other than VW (who knows whether the adapters are safe)

WTF Eric, have you been drinking since breakfast time again or does Linux not come with a spell check??

Here's a few pics i took....Was great to meet everyone who came. :thumbleft:

DSC00695.jpg"]DSC00695.jpg[/url]

DSC00696.jpg"]DSC00696.jpg[/url]

DSC00697.jpg"]DSC00697.jpg[/url]

DSC00713.jpg"]DSC00713.jpg[/url]

DSC00716.jpg"]DSC00716.jpg[/url]

DSC00712.jpg"]DSC00712.jpg[/url]

Edited by Ray1965

Not long home from this, some superb cars, yes a lot of stuff that isn't my cup of tea..

Very nice to see so many Rallyes in one go (i didn't count them but around 15).. Im glad the weather played the game as being inside was a bit loud so was nice to have a mooch around..

Id just like to thank Mr and Mrs Corrado for their hospitality, great night catching up (thats the hottest Pathia I've had)..

Enjoyed the social side of the show, pre meet indian very good, nice to get the rado out again. Weather was much better than last year.

My tastes are changing though, probably an age thing. Boom boom music drives me mad, inconsiderate prat next to us testing everybodies ear drums was unbearable towards the end of the day!

Great furniture and antique shops and good pub with a lovely cask blonde and better music within the grounds was great escape, pipe and slippers for me next!!

Great to catch up with everybody and there were some tasteful cars in amongst the tat too.

Edited by bruny
spelling

Those moaning at my English, welcome to correct it, you seem to have more time than me. Not my fault that I can't use an Android phone with tiny keyboard because I don't always fancy using a PC with full keyboard :-P

There, that's the stupid moaners out if the way, other than that had a sunny trip back home, washed the filthy Shark, tinkered with Mk1 instrument cluster lighting after what was a pleasant time away from home, mainly thanks to Paul and Jude pre-meet fun.

Tempest

So there was access to the large field opposite the show like there used to be ?

Yep... some of the best cars were in the field. Glad its not just me who is bored with sick/ ill/ dope air ride big budget builds at shows these days. Show site is nice and kind of makes it for me as we could sit on the bench in the sun and eat cake. Nice to see old faces for a moan and great to meet new ones. Cheers all

Great to see people again and put more faces to names!

Also spotted this on the way home. Which was nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78338[/ATTACH]

It was a great weekend though sorry I was a 'little' tired and not very talkative.

Thanks to everyone who came for a curry or stayed over and brought beer/wine & chocolate :)

I was pleasantly surprised to get a top 10 placing (change of competition .. gone the 10 top, no particular category, route) and congratulations to Goldie for his trophy too.

I was so tired on Monday evening after putting the Storm away I left my 8v unlocked on the drive. Woke to find the drivers door semi open, seats somewhat wet, glove box contents in the foot well and ashtray pulled open. On locking the car I found that the boot had also been opened and left just resting shut, not closed.

Thankfully no-one wants an old CD/stereo so that wasn't ripped out and pink fluffy dice or snow shovels are not desirable either!

Wait... so you're saying someone had a good dig through your car when it was parked on the driveway on the one night you'd accidentally left it unlocked? :| That's pretty scary :(

Congrats to Judith and Goldie on the wins!! So gutted I missed the night before and the show but the wife was away and I was on child minding duties - oh and car rebuilding...

Sorry to hear about your break in judith, glad no damage was done or anything stolen.

Wait... so you're saying someone had a good dig through your car when it was parked on the driveway on the one night you'd accidentally left it unlocked? :| That's pretty scary :(

Correct Jim, I think they were just looking for a sat nav as they are an easy sale these days unlike stereo's which take a bit longer to remove and more hassle.

I think it was just an opportunist and they probably walk around a lot and check to see if anyone has left their door unlocked as Jude did.

No damage done so pleased about that at least. :/

I think it was just an opportunist and they probably walk around a lot and check to see if anyone has left their door unlocked as Jude did.

Eeek!!! That is pretty scary nevertheless, and even if it just all psychological. You then tend to become over-careful in the future, not trusting folk any more, sad really.

Hey ho, luckily enough no damage or things stolen.

Sorry we (Jim and me) couldn't say goodbyes, because when we had looked at the other metal (apart from our Cs that is) - and yes, the green field opposite the main site had a few nice Rados and other cars dotted around, 2 Astons no less! - we decided there was nothing to hang around for any more, and left.

Didn't quite do the mpg that nrc posted above, and that was despite not chasing Wendy :lol:

Tempest

Ha ha Eric !!!

39 mpg !!! Driving Lessons needed I think !!!

Over Winter don't think I have managed more than 27mpg on the Corrado and its 23mpg on the 350z.

Thought I would as much fuel as possible before we run out !!!! lol !!

and its 23mpg on the 350z.

Thirsty little Jap :lol:

Average 22mpg in the 928, foot down = single digit fun :)

Wanted to take pics of the Rados in the field and of course of our stand, but my mobile phone camera had decided to flash its battery-low warning at me instead, so no pics of air-ride latest A3 Audis with vertical windscreen stickers either :( :lol:

Tempest

Here's a few pics i took....Was great to meet everyone who came. :thumbleft:

DSC00695.jpg"]DSC00695.jpg[/url]

DSC00696.jpg"]DSC00696.jpg[/url]

DSC00697.jpg"]DSC00697.jpg[/url]

DSC00713.jpg"]DSC00713.jpg[/url]

DSC00716.jpg"]DSC00716.jpg[/url]

DSC00712.jpg"]DSC00712.jpg[/url]

No air ride on these or virtical screen stickers...lol :cheers: :cool:

Had a look around the cars in the the car parks, but didn't pay to go into the show. Bit burned out with VW shows these days, and that side of it just doesn't really interest me any more - but good to see the show so busy and steadily getting larger each year. Thumping music and bagged cars on Bentley wheels just isn't for me any more.

Some interesting stuff in the car parks though - there was a very cool white Corrado on white Compomotives, totally stripped out and running what appeared to be a sequential gearbox? Couldn't determine what engine it was, but looked pretty damn cool! Also a very nice old late 70's Alpina BMW parked in that same field!

Thats my rado its a 2.0 16v for now :) that gear shifter is a cae motorsport 1 so its still h pattern

1544400_10152359099233493_5932709174450993151_n_zps8153a80d.jpg