Tempest

CCGB National Day 2014 - all the Details

Had a feeling that might be the case, despite a wet forecast today it's not been that bad down here,pouring down right now though,have fun! see you tomorrow

Blue sky's at the moment, but my Corrado is totally grafted from the drive down:-(, good cleaning session in the morning should sort it though.

That's the spirit.

Sank a few beers and ciders myself with Jim and Chris tonight, see you tomorrow :)

Tempest

Sorry guys, not going to be able to make it today as I've got too much work on. Hope you all have fun and I look forward to seeing some pics later.

Bet you all wish you'd camped now! Finished at 143 indicated, 138 on the satnav. :twisted:

DSC_0257_zpsgarunknu.jpg

Eric, if you could pass on our massive thanks for allowing myself, Neil, and ChrisL to have a few runs down the strip, we'd be very appreciative. Thoroughly mice bloke, and a really big thank you to yourself for organising everything! Very enjoyable, and great company! :thumbleft:

Chris didn't day that Neils car is now dead, and my throttle cable snapped on the fourth run though! Bit of choc block, jobs a good Un!

Great day out,many thanks to all who organised it.Congrats to Nick & Chris to their awards,great cars.Welcome to our new CCGB chairperson too !

A few pics - CCGB National Day 2014,Bruntingthorpe

Looks like a great day , i didnt pick my car up until 430pm as is was not ready , i cant wait for bristol , it will be my first big show . Also my first time for meeting people on here that i have been talking to since 2009 and have never met !

Meant to say it was nice to meet some new faces today :-)

Great to meet with old and new faces. Sorry I couldn't stay longer but my thanks go to the CCGB for organising another great event.

Nice to see so many folks again today - thought it was a really enjoyable day out and a bit of a change from the norm :)

Encouraging to see some folks who were very new to both Corrado ownership and the CCGB generally. And can't believe some of you guys got to take your cars up the runway! How did you wangle that?!

Great event as always, well done guys and gals for organizing it all. Great seeing some familiar face and of course meeting new people. Thanks too, to everyone coming up to speak to me and ask about my car, not used to all the lovely attention.

Chris, Josh and myself had a great time. Congrats to Chris and I think Matt? to winning the best rado's of the day. Lovely cars indeed.

If anyone wants to see more of us, or even a few other Corrado's. Come say hi at the PDC meet at 2pm at the Peterborough Greyhounds Stadium on the 1st June https://www.facebook.com/events/632355620163706/ Would be great to see you again.

Pictures from today can be found here

Edited by quicky1980

5am start, 498 mile round trip and one very sunburnt head later...Awesome day, my first meet and I must say I was made very welcome,

Blown away by the standard of the cars, two very worthy winners today.

Many thanks to Eric for organising the whole thing, really good venue.

Can't wait for Bristol, see you all there.

Rog.

Nice to see so many folks again today - thought it was a really enjoyable day out and a bit of a change from the norm :)

Encouraging to see some folks who were very new to both Corrado ownership and the CCGB generally. And can't believe some of you guys got to take your cars up the runway! How did you wangle that?!

We asked Dave Walton (the owner), and he said yeah, crack on there's nothing about!

Dave is a legend, looked after me so much when I organised a car show at Bruntingthorpe last year.

I'll be going up that runway in August!

Absolutely shattered after a long day. Always nice to meet new people and catch up with old acquaintances. Some very very nice cars today, and an interesting venue. I was (and still am) genuinely shocked at winning a trophy though - I really don't think I deserved it, but I am also very grateful to all of you nutters who voted for me! congrats to ChrisL too :salute: that engine bay!

Nick

Ps Here are some photos...

DSC_0362_zps3a315232.jpg

DSC_0370_zpsbdb6c492.jpg

DSC_0384_zps6b01d6ef.jpg

DSC_0386_zps9f20656f.jpg

DSC_0387_zps461af14e.jpg

DSC_0391_zps10bb1616.jpg

DSC_0396_zps2f3a4950.jpg

DSC_0398_zpsae63d209.jpg

DSC_0403_zps890d6a0c.jpg

DSC_0408_zps416dd7ea.jpg

DSC_0411_zpsb931c4f5.jpg

DSC_0417_zps0f5e261f.jpg

DSC_0418_zpsbb3142c3.jpg

DSC_0419_zpsb3a3bb35.jpg

DSC_0420_zps5dd8d880.jpg

DSC_0421_zps6d4ff64a.jpg

DSC_0423_zps0e74fe6c.jpg

DSC_0383_zps73f59712.jpg

Good CCGB National Day Venue (Thanks for organising Eric)and great people, old and new faces. Some not seen for a while too !!

Shame about the weather on Saturday, was looking forward to the camping and a longer get together with everyone, but hopefully there will be more meets where this is possible.

Well done Nick, your car sound is something else - very impressed.

Certainly makes you think - well when my current engine breaks........could be a possibility - as drove one a while back !!

Good photo's too

Sounds like fun was had up the strip - definitely envious of that !!

Can't imagine watching watching us 3 cars leaving, (Matty, Vag-hag and me) - must have been hilarous to watch - it was fun from where I was sat !!! :-)

Having had a crappy day at work and only just going to bed I'm even more annoyed I had to miss this now. Looks like an amazing day was had and I'm definitely going to plan in some more meets. PDC next weekend and maybe Bristol.... Need a catch up with everyone!

Looks like it was a great day 8) Roughly, what was the turnout?

I think we got up to about 28 Corrado's, and then a few members in non-Corrado's for various reasons! :) We definitely broke 30 cars.

Just got home. My VR is certifiably dead now. A bit early to tell what's wrong but I think an engine swap will be on the cards in the near future.

Chris, we left with your beers in our fridge :( Will see you right next time we meet!