ChrisL

Don't look down, channel 4 9pm Sunday

Why??? do that, think what could happen if he fell causing mayhem to innocent motorists using the bridge :bonk::bonk::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Not nice to watch, hanging over the edge of a building by your fingertips, great fun I guess :lol:

Just watched it on 4OD. My god they are nuts. Had sweaty palms just watching it!!!!!!!

I saw this, quite cool I thought. Just goes to show we are all wired differently.

One thing that Ive noticed is that when Im at the top of sheer drops like that I have this little thing inside me thats wonders what it would be like if i jumped. Some other folks Ive spoken to said the same.

I saw this, quite cool I thought. Just goes to show we are all wired differently.

One thing that Ive noticed is that when Im at the top of sheer drops like that I have this little thing inside me thats wonders what it would be like if i jumped. Some other folks Ive spoken to said the same.

I've read somewhere before about that feeling , can't remember what it's called though

It's one of the symptoms of Acrophobia, a fear of heights. Weirdly psychologists have proposed that it is a way for the mind to try and take control of the situation. When I was (a lot) younger I had no problem with heights but now I'm a bit iffy with them. I think part of that is when you are younger you don't think of the consequences of falling but your mortality becomes a higher priority the older you get you think of the results of falling.

similar to that urge to press a big red alarm button, just to see what happens.

know a girl who crashed a trading floor IT systems because she pressed a big red system suspend button - twice!

Iv jumped of a few highish cliffs in my past maybe 40 ft highest in to water of course couple of times of flambrough cliffs and one that i know of in west burton up past harrogate

And one about 45 50 ft in cyprus in to the sea !

I dont know why because before i jump im brikking it but once your in its a pretty big rush and want to be back up for another go

I can see why people do stuff like it i bet it is a massive rush but a bit extreme lol but im with coullstar if im at the edge a tiny tiny part of me says fuk it jump of it will be fun haha !!!

Insane...my wife was almost in tears watching it at times, my eight year old boy however, saw the first few minutes and was inspired to hang off the banister so was promptly put to bed!! Perhaps its true that this changes as you get older! :D I never thought I had an issue with heights, but watching that I'm not so sure!

bit different being just high up to hanging one handed with no safety gear though...

I saw that on Sunday it's totally mad.

I suppose it's like jumping out of a plane and hoping that your power shoot will open,

in their case it's their hand / finger grip on the edge of a building.

A few years ago there was a lot of talk about some young people,

on a cliff top with a very strong head wind blowing in land off the sea,

well these young people were jumping off the edge of the cliff,

and the wind was that strong that it was blowing them back onto the cliff top,

I mean if the wind direction had changed or dropped off in it strength,

well you'd be gone big time.

I thick there was a 200 or 300 drop off the cliff as well.

Not for me no way.

I can understand that they're looking for the best adrenalin rush,

but one slip and it's curtains.

I know we're all going to be going one day,

but not when your just a young pup starting out in your early twenties like they were.

I've done some stupid things like we all have when your young.

Like when I was 11 years old I used to play on building sites,

and climb on the scaffolding to the roof tops and jump off in to the piles of sand,

or jump over the small bomb fires that were just still a light,

yeah once I tripped and fell into the hot ashes it was so painful,

but luckily for me it's left no lasting marks, STUPID really looking back the things we do as kids.

I suppose we try to push the boundary out,

and see how far we get and try to beat it each time.

No way never again.

I'm up for driving a car fast on a race track but none of the above, no way.

Si