Southie

Corrado Heat Shield Hood Liner (Group Buy 2014)

They are obviously different from the oem , but once they are fitted they do look smart , another part to refresh the bay .

Mine arrived today, just need the car out of the body shop now!

Thanks for sorting this out EM :thumbleft:

Anyone have a pic of the fitted ones VR no decal. I've placed my VR ones textured side on bonnet no glue yet but as you look from the front the right hand one is not a full fit. Is this correct.

The standard ones have a bit of a gap at the bottom too if thats what your talking about Ron. It cuts off flat before it gets to the bottom.

sparks, I'm really sorry, you did get missed out of the final list as the last person to pay and it was my fault. I was paranoid that this would happen, hence my many updates on the thread, but I guess that didn't suffice.

Not much more I can say except I cocked up, I have refunded you but not much consolation I expect.

sparks, I'm really sorry, you did get missed out of the final list as the last person to pay and it was my fault. I was paranoid that this would happen, hence my many updates on the thread, but I guess that didn't suffice.

Not much more I can say except I cocked up, I have refunded you but not much consolation I expect.

its all good i take partly blame as i was a late payment due to holidays getting back lets just forget about it now its a done deal crying over split milk and all

the old stuff was a git, did it in a evening tho' I used 'gunk' the engine degreaser? and for the really hard parts white spirits....let it soak in for best effect then scrape off with old credit card

the glue I used was the one rob suggested earlier in the thread

3M scotch weld 80

got two cans off ebay was expensive tho and didn't need anywhere near that amount I reckon 1/4 of a can to do the job,doing each piece seperatly I sprayed the liner and masked off the bonnet and sprayed that also, left for 6mins to go tacky then put them together

no ways its shifting

the old stuff was a git, did it in a evening tho' I used 'gunk' the engine degreaser? and for the really hard parts white spirits....let it soak in for best effect then scrape off with old credit card

the glue I used was the one rob suggested earlier in the thread

3M scotch weld 80

got two cans off ebay was expensive tho and didn't need anywhere near that amount I reckon 1/4 of a can to do the job,doing each piece seperatly I sprayed the liner and masked off the bonnet and sprayed that also, left for 6mins to go tacky then put them together

no ways its shifting

sweet! thanks leopan, very helpful

ive had my liners in the cupboard for ages now & thankfully i managed to get 2 cans of the 3M stuff before the posties became difficult

i will get myself some gunk & white spirit in readiness

Goldfinger (or anyone else for that matter) - interested in selling me a can of the 3m adhesive? I know they're around £16 for three (ebay) but i dont think I'd use that much. Ever.

Edited by fla

Goldfinger (or anyone else for that matter) - interested in selling me a can of the 3m adhesive? I know they're around £16 for three (ebay) but i dont think I'd use that much. Ever.

hi hasan

I would but the issue is posting the stuff m8 :(

IIRC royal mail or someone changed the posting rules shortly after I received my cans such that you are not able to send flammable/explosive material though the post

thanks for getting back to me. I just received an aerosol via Parcel2go, only 500ml mind you. Perhaps worth looking at sending via them?

thanks for getting back to me. I just received an aerosol via Parcel2go, only 500ml mind you. Perhaps worth looking at sending via them?

im thinking there must be a local supplier somewhere near you where you can buy some from m8

PM me the town you live in & I will have a hunt for you

These are still sitting in my garage! Can get the trimfix high temp adhesive locally - would this be good enough or would the whole thing likely drop after 12 months or so?