Southie

Corrado Heat Shield Hood Liner (Group Buy 2014)

Ooh, perfect timing as I opened the bonnet this weekend to find crumbling liner all over the engine. Fun.

I would like a VR6 liner, no emblem please!

Thanks very much.

One vr6 , without logo please , I got mine in the last batch , but Robbie r32 will have one . Working with him ATM , he will paypal the dough across this evening .

Many thanks

Rob

Hi southie, putting the car in for total respray soon and was hoping to put on a new hood liner when nice and clean. Wondering if there has been any update on when the order might happen? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Thanks for organizing

Can I get in on this? I'd like a VR6 set with no emblem as the car's going in the body shop soon and I want to spray under the bonnet!

Cheers for organising!

put me down for VR6 one please as ive just realised that I have a VR6 bonnet lol

black no logo

Edited by northG60

Hi, any update on when these will be available? Another car going in for some body work done, including bonnet, so would be good to be able to fit this at the same time.

thanks,

Emma

Hi, any update on when these will be available? Another car going in for some body work done, including bonnet, so would be good to be able to fit this at the same time.

thanks,

Emma

This has been going on for some time now when is the order going to take place.

There have been a few people asking for these again, so if there is enough interest im happy to organise another run

The last group buy can be seen here,

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=80570

I have re-established contact with the supplier and they are willing to offer group-buy discounts again

Current prices for 1 liner and shipping to the UK is $49 plus shipping of $49.7 = $98.7 (£59.81 GDP) + Import duty

Quantity 15+ would be $33 for each liner and $7 for each emblem.

Shipping for 15 liners $90

Shipping for 20 liners $100

The final price will depend of how many people are interested, import tax and postage this end, Last time this all came to £30 delivered to your door, however this was with over 40 people and low import duty, so please expect the final to be £30-40

If your interested please let me know, if it's a VR6 or G60 shield and if you want to include an Emblem, please state colour

For referance:

G60...............................................VR6

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77233[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]77234[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Steve

----------------------------------------------------

VR6

1. Seanl82

2. Southerner88

3. Spiderfish

4. RPoul - emblem

5. Grum21

6. Rocket Ron

7. cinadine

8. Micky fletch

9. loepan - silver emblem

10. Ed21 - silver emblem

11. mr.ots

G60

1. volksworld13

.[/i]

So am i correct to think that this order started in January has not been sent and not recieved? i thought i'd missed the boat.

So there will be still chance to get a set.

There have been a few people asking for these again, so if there is enough interest im happy to organise another run

The last group buy can be seen here,

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=80570

I have re-established contact with the supplier and they are willing to offer group-buy discounts again

Current prices for 1 liner and shipping to the UK is $49 plus shipping of $49.7 = $98.7 (£59.81 GDP) + Import duty

Quantity 15+ would be $33 for each liner and $7 for each emblem.

Shipping for 15 liners $90

Shipping for 20 liners $100

The final price will depend of how many people are interested, import tax and postage this end, Last time this all came to £30 delivered to your door, however this was with over 40 people and low import duty, so please expect the final to be £30-40

If your interested please let me know, if it's a VR6 or G60 shield and if you want to include an Emblem, please state colour

For referance:

G60...............................................VR6

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77233[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]77234[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Steve

VR6

1. Seanl82

2. Southerner88

3. Spiderfish

4. RPoul - emblem

5. Grum21

6. Rocket Ron

7. cinadine

8. Micky fletch

9. loepan - silver emblem

10. Ed21 - silver emblem

11. mr.ots

12. Billzeebub (VR6, no emblem thanks)

G60

1. volksworld13

Here is an link to the Classic 9 Leather web site

www.classic9leathershop.com/

It's made of special blend of 1/4 inch thick closed cell nitrile vinyl foam rubber designed for aircraft firewalls and bulkheads and comes with a 13 inch Red, White or Silver VW logo decal.

The logo can be red white, or silver. Please indicate which color you prefer in the remarks section when you purchase it or in a message to the seller.

It adds a much cleaner look to your engine compartment, holds up to water, oil, petrol and mildew, much better than the OEM hood pads and keeps the exterior of the hood cool while not reflecting engine heat back down toward your intake. It's actually made for covering the firewall in aircraft and is FAA approved for aircraft.

Compare this hood liner to a factory original or factory replacement.

Factory Liner My Liner

Will it rot? Yes No

Material Latex Foam Vinyl Nitrile

Fire Retardant No Yes

Sound Insulator Yes Yes

Heat Insulator Somewhat Yes

Oil resistant No Yes

Chemical resistant No Yes

Water resistant No Yes

Mildew Resistant No Yes

Washable No Yes

Nifty VW logo No Yes

Made of 1/4 inch nitrile vinyl closed cell foam rubber, it will not absorb water or oil. Its light, about 14 ounces, and is also fire retardant and insulates against sound and heat.

You can wash it and hose it off. Since it’s made for aircraft firewalls and bulkheads, it’s extremely light and unlike the factory liner will not absorb water and resists mildew. It has a smooth finish and the color is black.

Its pre cut to fit all model Corrado VW VR6s with the same design as seen in the photographs. Installation is easy using 3M type #80 or # 90 spray adhesive or other high temp adhesive for vinyl nitrile foam rubber.

I don't desperately need one at the moment, but it would be good to have at the group price

Edited by Billzeebub