J.C

heater controls, backlight kit,

Hi all,

I've been developing a backlight for the late heater controls,

I'm thinking of producing an easy to fit kit which will include a pre-cut multi coloured Electroluminescence(EL) panel, Driver for EL panel and a set of instructions,

Wiring is very simple, all you do is tap into the ashtray light wiring

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77911[/ATTACH]

Custom colours will be available on request

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77913[/ATTACH]

Use the original green surround to locate the panel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77914[/ATTACH]

Number 4 speed will be properly illuminated in production kits,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77915[/ATTACH]

This panel will dim BUT it may depend on what headlight switch you've got, I've got the new one which uses a transistor to reduce the illumination

Price will depend on how many orders but I expect it to be around £25 posted,

So let me know what you think,

cheers

Steve

I've been asked to put the fitting instruction on the first post, Just tried to copy/paste but didn't work,

Until I figure out how to do it, The instruction are on page 9, post 85 http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85702&page=9

Steve

Edited by J.C

Must say, that looks excellent! I've just done mine with EL wire which is a bit cumbersome in places so this would be ideal. May well be interested dependant on final price.

I think I might also be interested in this - please keep me informed of price. And I hope the instructions are nice and clear - I'm a bit ham fisted when it comes to electronics!!

I'll take one of these when they go into production please, they look the DOGS dangly bits.

Very interested too. Looks great. Was just about to buy some el wire to do it but yours looks so much better. The converter okay for prolonged use? Heard of then burning out with a good bit of smoke.

Thanks for all your positive comments,

I've enlarged the photos so you can get a better idea of the how even the illumination is,

The rough edges will be smoothed out once the tooling is done,

Steve

Very interested too. Looks great. Was just about to buy some el wire to do it but yours looks so much better. The converter okay for prolonged use? Heard of then burning out with a good bit of smoke.

Hi Kevin

I've not heard of the drivers burning out, I will do some research,

I will of course replace (free of charge) any component which is faulty or not up to the job.

Steve

Thought I saw one person on here that had that issue or could have been another forum. Think it is to do with cheap converters, prolonged use and them getting so hot that they melt the plastic etc.

Ta for the reply. Really looks great. Dam good job.

great stuff. Would you do them in other colours, only i would want the two side dials in blue instead of green - if its not too much trouble, that is.

great stuff. Would you do them in other colours, only i would want the two side dials in blue instead of green - if its not too much trouble, that is.

I can do them in any combination of Blue, Green and Red, any other colours there will have to be a small surcharge, additional colours are

Yellow,

Lime Yellow

White

Pink,

Purple and

Dark Blue

Steve

I'm interested, looks like a good solution.

I've used EL sheet before and have just one little concern, I found that the driver was quite noisey, you could hear it buzzing but that was a few years ago so I guess things may have moved on a bit since then.

Do you know of any noise issues with these drivers?

Rog.

I'm interested, looks like a good solution.

I've used EL sheet before and have just one little concern, I found that the driver was quite noisey, you could hear it buzzing but that was a few years ago so I guess things may have moved on a bit since then.

Do you know of any noise issues with these drivers?

Rog.

There is a slight high pitch whine,

I've got very sensitive hearing and I don't notice it while driving, I can only hear it with the engine turned off,

I have ordered a few different drivers (which are due to arrive in a week or so) so will pick the best(quietest) for the production kits

I'm in too, like the idea of green for the 2 outer dials and then the blue/red in the middle - Do you still need a control faceplate as may have a spare?

Ian.